Did I Miss 60B? An AC in A2 Trip Report

WOW almost top 20 .  Mr. Robinson was signed by Branch Rickey . an Ohio Wesleyan University legend  . Delaware Ohio 10 miles from our home .

NTM

I did a report on Jackie Robinson and Branch Rickey during HS.  That was awhile ago.

I'm not a baseball fan at all, but I do appreciate history. Looks like a cool place! 

It is cool.  I think you would like the factory tour and such even without being a baseball fan.

I need to go to that museum!  I grew up in the Mickey Mantle/Roger Maris era and was a huge baseball fan back then.

You should go Gwen.  If you have never been to Cooperstown, NY that is even more of a must see.  You are lucky you got to see that era of baseball. 

I've heard of the movie but hey - I actually know someone that lives in Elizabethtown. Go figure!

The museum looks interesting and fun.

Ask them if they have ever missed 60B.

A reference to have had one, two or three too many.

Wow.  I was a little slow on the uptake.

I've been seriously trying to get a Fiend GG in Ky, including bourbon trail tours, booked for a while.  We need to do that....but only if Aaron can come.  

I would totally go for something like that.  Finding the right time with all the sports, school, etc is the tough part.

Im late but I'm in. One day I hope to make it out there.

You would enjoy it I think. 

I'd be up for that and a chance to meet some of y'all in person.

DIT is always full of good ideas.

Let's had back into the museum shall we?

Here is the fam inside the museum dugout:

IMG_3859_zpsso8rc9r0.jpg

IMG_3860_zpszsksfxca.jpg

Info on the center brand that has been stamped or literally branded on the bats through the years:

IMG_3863_zpsvpsklwb1.jpg

DS with the Great Bambino, The Colossus of Clout, The King of Crash...........

IMG_3864_zpsemfyu3qn.jpg

IMG_3865_zpskwipeteh.jpg

https://youtu.be/xyFaLT-L2uk?list=PLVfMje9anC6rYRdLH1BVpVm0gXVmJiwjb

Now with Kalamazoo, Michigan native, Derek Jeter:

IMG_3866_zpspq9eiau0.jpg

And the Splendid Splinter:

IMG_3867_zpsyt1liqje.jpg

IMG_3868_zpsxh4vrucp.jpg

Now we move to an exhibit by Topps Trading Card Company:

IMG_3869_zps4frnkneo.jpg

IMG_3870_zpsrg4v65tm.jpg

IMG_3871_zpsxoipyzas.jpg

IMG_3872_zpsoulkw3bx.jpg

IMG_3873_zpsvtsbwmit.jpg

IMG_3874_zpsljy0ygog.jpg

IMG_3877_zpscqk5ente.jpg

IMG_3878_zpse1yzamm6.jpg

An absolute icon of baseball movies is coming up in the next update.  Any ideas who it is?

You should go Gwen.  If you have never been to Cooperstown, NY that is even more of a must see.  You are lucky you got to see that era of baseball. 

Yes, that was quite an era of baseball.  Babe Ruth passed away a year before I was born.  I wish I could have seen him play.

Baseball then was quite different than it is today.  IMHO a lot more fun.  Just raw ability without science interfering.

I so wish I had collected baseball cards!  I'd be rich today.

Dad was a Yankees fan and Mom was a Dodgers fan, so of course I was a Yankees fan too.

BTW, I did get to see Sammy Sosa play several years ago in Chicago.  That was my last live baseball game.

Yes, that was quite an era of baseball.  Babe Ruth passed away a year before I was born.  I wish I could have seen him play.

Baseball then was quite different than it is today.  IMHO a lot more fun.  Just raw ability without science interfering.

I so wish I had collected baseball cards!  I'd be rich today.

Dad was a Yankees fan and Mom was a Dodgers fan, so of course I was a Yankees fan too.

BTW, I did get to see Sammy Sosa play several years ago in Chicago.  That was my last live baseball game.

I collected baseball cards.  Most of my good stuff was stolen in a home invasion while we were camping out of town near Washington DC when I was a kid. 

You were really close to us! Only 2 hrs south of us in Indiana.......My husband works in Louisville (yes Lul,vulle) pretty much 3 times a week!

Have you ever been to the museum/factory tour?  We noticed their was an air show over the river while we were there also.  I wish we could have stayed and watched that.  We did see a few groups of old planes flying around and doing loops and such.  pretty cool stuff.

Jason might drive to Kentucky for that kind of GG. 

He would have to cook lots of stuff on the BGE.  I mean.....I would hope.

Topps and Star Wars. Who would have known.

I did.  I collected Star Wars cards back then also.

Looks like a fun time! We love Baseball :)

You would like this place Carol.

I promised you a baseball movie icon and that is coming up.

Picking up where we left off: 

IMG_3882_zps5lo46glh.jpg

IMG_3883_zpsiqxvbwpx.jpg

And now without further ado........here is Jobu!

IMG_3884_zpsod84nayk.jpg

IMG_3885_zpsklvwivgu.jpg

https://youtu.be/bWdfDsLvm9I

Indiana Jones' bull whip:

IMG_3886_zpswtszw55y.jpg

IMG_3887_zpstcndmdsb.jpg

More displays:

IMG_3888_zps9zibx9cy.jpg

IMG_3889_zpsszealyc3.jpg

IMG_3890_zpsey32e7be.jpg

IMG_3891_zpsgcjqd1hu.jpg

IMG_3892_zpsqlk59lih.jpg

IMG_3895_zpss5watswp.jpg

IMG_3896_zps5by0mnl9.jpg

IMG_3893_zpsppim6amr.jpg

IMG_3894_zpssrn5rxuz.jpg

We will head to the museum's batting cages next.....

So, last night, I'm watching the Rays/Red Sox game, and during a commercial, I do some channel surfing.  For some reason, we get a network called Flix.

Guess what movie was playing last night?

Elizabethtown.

It was more than half over before I found it, and I had to flip back and forth to the ball game so I could watch the Rays beat those sorry Red Sox in a dramatic fashion in the 9th inning, but I got to see the funeral, and the road trip, and the end. It was a good movie.  I'll have to try to find it when they play it again so I can see the beginning.

TCD

I still have a huge collection of Garbage Pail Kids. I wonder if they're worth anything. 

Did you have Leaky Lindsay or Adam Bomb?

You should check.  They may be worth something.  Heck, I just saw a news story about some beanie baby fetching thousands.  Garbage Pail Kids are antiques compared to beanie babies.

Am I the only one who has now mapped out where the Louisville Slugger Museum is and tried to think when I could possibly get there?

If you are ever in the area, you should definitely go.  You could do a little road trip and hit the museum, Dollywood, Nashville, etc.

So, last night, I'm watching the Rays/Red Sox game, and during a commercial, I do some channel surfing.  For some reason, we get a network called Flix.

Guess what movie was playing last night?

Elizabethtown.

It was more than half over before I found it, and I had to flip back and forth to the ball game so I could watch the Rays beat those sorry Red Sox in a dramatic fashion in the 9th inning, but I got to see the funeral, and the road trip, and the end. It was a good movie.  I'll have to try to find it when they play it again so I can see the beginning.

TCD

You should watch it if you get the chance.  I never would have thought I would like it, but I did.

I am going to burn through some of the remaining pics now......that was a great lead-in; wasn't it?

IMG_3895_zpss5watswp.jpg

Near the front desk:

IMG_3898_zpsjopmyxd4.jpg

IMG_3899_zpspxz9y1sc.jpg

Now we head to the batting cage area:

IMG_3900_zpss2qurhhm.jpg

IMG_3901_zpsqwazdlog.jpg

Story about the big bat at the museum entrance:

IMG_3904_zpser8mao65.jpg

IMG_3905_zpswa8cros0.jpg

IMG_3906_zpslmpw859d.jpg

Heading home on Sunday morning after the second half of our tournament was rained out:

IMG_3926_zpslv6isgdm.jpg

IMG_3927_zpsfc4lmo0n.jpg

IMG_3928_zpsjjtqkcfe.jpg

A car hauler full of classics on the highway.....I got crappy pics but the cars were all gorgeous:

IMG_3929_zpslxbx90gs.jpg

IMG_3930_zpsmjknu7nh.jpg

Passing Kentucky Speedway:

IMG_3910_zpstpnw8cxm.jpg

IMG_3913_zps32h1mstg.jpg

That's all she wrote.  Thanks for playing.  The End