Yahooooo!!!!  After some of the most intense haggling I've ever done we reached an agreement on a 2011 Jayco 23B.  I say intense only because I didn't give up until I got the price exactly where I wanted it.  :rofl2:  I'll be trading in our 2010 Roo 19 that we have had for two seasons & two trips to the fort.  Now that we have a dog & know exactly what we like & don't like in a trailer it is time to upgrade.  Again we are purchasing through RVDirect & would recommend anyone give them a try.  They again have the best prices I could find & they have excellent customer service.  We won't be picking it up for another few weeks but here are some pics.  Once I finally get it I can get me a snarky logo & a musket mickey from Jen :rofl2: :D :rofl2:

Layout.jpg

outside02.jpg

outside01.jpg

inside.jpg

Congrats Steve!! Looks very similar to my roo 23b, except I also have a back door and my couch and table are reversed (My table is in the slide) When is your maiden voyage?

Congrats Steve!! Looks very similar to my roo 23b, except I also have a back door and my couch and table are reversed (My table is in the slide) When is your maiden voyage?

The paperwork won't be finished until this coming week.  They have to fedex everything to me & then we will need to setup the PDI which should be in about 2 weeks or so.  Unfortunatley we don't usually get out until June when the weather is warmer but I don't know what we will do this year.  I'm itching to get out there.

Very impressive, love the layout. May you be blessed with many years great

camping fun.      :rofl2:

Congrats! How was RVdirect with negotiating on the price? I got a quote from them, but a local dealer gave the same price without asking and I got the local to go down a little more. Have fun!

Best Regards,

Norm

This time I was looking at a unit on one of their lots so was able to negotiate more than if I was ordering.  If that is what you are try to do than I'd buy from the local guy just because I like supporting local businesses.  In saying that my local dealer was $4000+ higher than RVDirect.  If you are ordering a unit I'd be surprised if the local dealer could touch them.  When I ordered my Roo 19 they sent me all the paperwork & the actual invoice price was on it.  They were only making $1000 on the sale which to me wasn't much & they were still $5000 lower than my local dealers.

Here are pictures of our mods so far.

First we added a night light in the kitchen area.  It is from boatusa.  What is nice at night with the kids it gives a clear view of the floor so I can make it to the fridge or bathroom.

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

The biggest change was adding laminate flooring.  The floor felt a little soft for me so we pulled the vinyl and sheeted it with 1/4 plywood.  This let us check the floor for any leaks.  We found a small one in the back corner closet.  And also give a little more strength.  With the flooring and the 1/4 ply it added almost 1/2 an inch and a sturdier feel.

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

Next up is shelving in the rear coat hanging area.  It was a no brainer.

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

Then we added drawers to the shelf area next to the stove.  This made a huge change in having a place to store silverware and such!

IMG_1261.jpg

Last is we moved the track that holds the shower curtain farther out at the top to give us chubby fellas a little more space.

IMG_1267.jpg

Here are pictures of our mods so far.

First we added a night light in the kitchen area.  It is from boatusa.  What is nice at night with the kids it gives a clear view of the floor so I can make it to the fridge or bathroom.

Your mods all look great & really have the wheel turning as to things I can do.  That floor looks really good & must have taken a long time.

Thanks for posting them.

Steve