Here is an article about the changes: http://www.worldofwalt.com/great-movie-ride-tcm-updates-2015.html

Turner Classic Movies, or TCM, and Disney announced a multi-faceted partnership in 2014.

The partnership included TCM showing Disney films on the TV network in addition to updates toThe Great Movie Ride attraction in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

The changes to The Great Movie Ride are now installed.

Overall the changes are minor, and they don’t impact the heart of the ride. However, the changes do add a bit of freshness to the queue movie and the closing film montage.

Let’s take a look:

Exterior Changes

You can see the TCM branding before you enter the attraction building.

great-movie-ride-tcm-2015-01.jpg

The attraction sign now states that it is presented by TCM.

great-movie-ride-tcm-2015-02.jpg

There are many references to Turner Classic Movies around the attraction.

great-movie-ride-tcm-2015-03.jpg

New banner: The Ultimate Celebration of Classic Movies.

great-movie-ride-tcm-2015-04.jpg

The Theater looks great!

Queue Changes

Once inside the queue, Disney has installed electronic posters that change to advertise classic movies.

great-movie-ride-tcm-2015-05.jpg

The new electronic posters change and give you something to enjoy while waiting in line.

great-movie-ride-tcm-2015-06.jpg

More TCM branding details.

In the big theater near the end of the queue (the one just before you enter the boarding area for the attraction), you will watch a new film that is now hosted by TCM’s Robert Osborne. It includes plenty of film clips, and the images are bright and clear.

great-movie-ride-tcm-2015-07.jpg

Robert Osborne appears in the movie that plays in the queue.

great-movie-ride-tcm-2015-081.jpg

The movie in the queue contains many clips from classic films.

Attraction Changes – Not

The attraction itself hasn’t really changed, but Robert Osborne now shares the narration along with a live Disney Cast Member.

great-movie-ride-tcm-2015-09.jpg

The content of the main attraction appears to be unchanged.

great-movie-ride-tcm-2015-10.jpg

The witch is still there, and still as realistic as ever!

Movie Montage Changes

The biggest change to the attraction is an update to the movie montage finale. Also hosted by Robert Osborne, it contains movie clips as it has in the past, but the selection of movies and the music is more up to date. It looks like Disney updated the projection technology here as well since the color and quality is great.

great-movie-ride-tcm-2015-11.jpg

Robert introduces the ending montage.

great-movie-ride-tcm-2015-12.jpg

The closing film montage contains plenty of classic movie moments.

The changes that Disney and TCM made are consistent with what the organizations originally announced. The changes aren’t big, but they do update and freshen the most dated parts of the attraction.

The TCD gang was right on top of this.

This past weekend was already the 3rd Star Wars Weekend, and due to my extensive travel schedule, I so far had attended none this year.

So, Twin #2 and I hit up DHS on Saturday.  The day was a complete success, as I have a couple of photos of a mom in a Princess Leia slave outfit.  Those will be shared as bonus features at the end of my TR currently in progress.

Since this was a last minute trip, I only tried to make FP+ reservations on Friday evening.  For our Tier 1 choice, we got to choose between The Great Movie Ride or Fantasmic.  There were no Toy Story or RNRC FP+'s left for the whole day.  Yay FP+.

So we rode The Great Movie ride.  Twin #2 had heard the changes were in place.  I had not.

We saw the old man narrating the clips at the beginning.  He looked familiar, but I had no idea who he was.  Since we had FP+, we were spared from a long wait in the big queue room.

We then proceeded to the ride.  A recording of the old dude now does most of the narrating, with the college kid who failed Acting 101 adding a poorly timed one-liner here and there.  We had the gangster scene, which has not changed.  The old man narration thankfully stops for that.

The big problem with the new narration is that the recording of the old man is being played through the crappy speakers on the ride vehicles, and the audio quality is horrendous.  We missed a lot of what the old man had to say because of inconsistent volume and static.

The old man also narrates the ending montage.  The biggest difference I noticed is the scenes from Operation Dumbo Drop have been replaced.  What a shame.

The clarity of the new projection system is not good for old Robert Osborne.  The HD shows every wrinkle in his very old face, and his eyes are puffy and bloodshot.  The guy literally looks like an embalmed corpse.  No offense.

That's all I can tell you about the changes, and with any luck it will be several years before I ride The Great Movie Ride again.

TCD

• 4 weeks later...

According to the Disney Parks Blog, there's now a new photo opp as well...

The Great Movie Ride, which transports Disney’s Hollywood Studios guests through film history, has been updated with some new interior and exterior enhancements thanks to a new relationship with Turner Classic Movies.

tgdhs123456-613x408.jpg

Guests visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios can now enjoy an all-new photo opportunity that allows them to walk the red carpet and “cement” their handprints outside our Chinese Theatre. (Other enhancements inside include new digital movie posters in the queue (watch carefully to see the classic poster images move). A few new clips will be added into the attraction’s finale montage later this summer.

Guests will also hear new audio components during the tour from Robert Osbourne, actor and Turner Classic Movies film historian. The enhanced narration will assist attraction tour guides in leading guests from famous scene to famous scene, layering in more fun movie facts.

By the way, if you’re a huge fan of Disney films, you’ll want to check out “Treasures from the Disney Vault,” which airs on Turner Classic Movies July 2.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/06/new-photo-opp-debuts-at-the-great-movie-ride-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

We rode this yesterday and I have to say the "upgrade" was all a marketing ploy to watch classics on TCM. Trying to incorporate the minimum wage CM with the new audio is terrible. I thought the cm dialogue was not only better but it actually showed that someone took pride in their job. I thought there was too much of the "TMC" logo throughout the ride. I was fortunate to get the seat by the driver and I saw the driver que's the monologue with a button so he can put his two cents in when needed. As far as the ending movie, it was good to see an upgrade. For all you Star Wars fans, did anyone catch the clip of the Millenium falcon from the new "Force awakens" trailer? This makes me think we will see this end movie for a long time. I really like this ride and I thought it would be shut down for a while for a major upgrade. I know it's suppose to be an ode to the classics, but I thought something like alien should have been changed out. Also, I don't remember the wizard of oz gang at the end being animatronic. I think this is new

We rode this yesterday and I have to say the "upgrade" was all a marketing ploy to watch classics on TCM. Trying to incorporate the minimum wage CM with the new audio is terrible. I thought the cm dialogue was not only better but it actually showed that someone took pride in their job. I thought there was too much of the "TMC" logo throughout the ride. I was fortunate to get the seat by the driver and I saw the driver que's the monologue with a button so he can put his two cents in when needed. As far as the ending movie, it was good to see an upgrade. For all you Star Wars fans, did anyone catch the clip of the Millenium falcon from the new "Force awakens" trailer? This makes me think we will see this end movie for a long time. I really like this ride and I thought it would be shut down for a while for a major upgrade. I know it's suppose to be an ode to the classics, but I thought something like alien should have been changed out. Also, I don't remember the wizard of oz gang at the end being animatronic. I think this is new

They've always been figures, don't remember if they moved before....