Private Party at Magic Kingdom 5/31/15

Been on te calendar for months and it actually had a lot more than haunted mansion. Pinocchio was out withy eg two girl marionettes and the puppeteer controlling them. Dumbo was meeting in Storybook Circus. Cogs worth was meeting at BOG. Probably more but those are the ones I saw before bed last night online.

It was for a travel indistry group. IPW.com I believe

It was not a Haunted Mansion Themed party. It was a private party for the International Travel Agents Association. I worked the party working with the Guardians of the Galaxy charcaters. The whole park was bought out and there was allot of themeing all over the whole park.

This was also there

https://youtu.be/t7-Wqs0zpAk

along with a 40foot table that the guest could sit down and have a tea party with the mad hatter.

Also this

https://youtu.be/z2nqJhk7jNE

It was interesting to work the event and allot of fun.

Dumbo also met guest. Yes, dumbo.

8b552af0fc5d6895d8b2cab7649e72aa.jpg

There was also a special edition of celebrate the magic and wishes with perimiter fireworks.

It was not a Haunted Mansion Themed party. It was a private party for the International Travel Agents Association. I worked the party working with the Guardians of the Galaxy charcaters. The whole park was bought out and there was allot of themeing all over the whole park.

This was also there

along with a 40foot table that the guest could sit down and have a tea party with the mad hatter.

Also this

There was also a special edition of celebrate the magic and wishes with perimiter fireworks.

Wow, that is cool!

So they couldn't do any of this for the paying guests on two weeks ago for the 24 hour day?

TCD

Thanks for the correction- I updated my first post.

Pinocchio was out withy eg two girl marionettes and the puppeteer controlling them. Dumbo was meeting in Storybook Circus. Cogs worth was meeting at BOG. Probably more but those are the ones I saw before bed last night online.

Very cool!!

This was also there

Also this

Sounds awesome all around!!

Well fort fiends is an organization that generates revenue for WDW. Maybe the snarky queen should buy out MK for the fiends.

All in favor?

:10220:

And while I'm not sorry to have missed the recent 24 hour event, something like this would probably get me on a plane.  :)

So were those costumes, props, etc. created just for this event? Or are they sitting around in a storage building somewhere?

I know that the Guardians of the Galaxy photo backdrop with Groot is something that they had set up in DHS last year.  I saw the Dumbo character out when they did a taping of the Michael and Kelly show in the MK last year. 

A lot of the other stuff and costumes I've never seen or even heard of before.

TCD

Turns out the MK event was sponsored by Disney Destinations. Mouse Steps was registered in the "journalism" category, which included everything from major international news outlets to bloggers.

Tonight there was an event at Sea World (sponsored by Sea World) and Wednesday night there's one at Universal which Universal is sponsoring.

Turns out the MK event was sponsored by Disney Destinations. Mouse Steps was registered in the "journalism" category, which included everything from major international news outlets to bloggers.

Tonight there was an event at Sea World (sponsored by Sea World) and Wednesday night there's one at Universal which Universal is sponsoring.

I see.

Looking at the social media posts from the event, it seems to me that the Orlando area attractions are the ones footing the bill for these events.  So, I am guessing that rather than this group paying to rent out the MK, it was the other way around- Disney kicked out its paying guests to put on a dog and pony show for these foreign travel agents.  Judging from the number of posts I saw from folks who don't speak the English, I would guess that a bunch of them are responsible for booking the South American teenage tour groups that are so popular with the regular paying clientele. 

Excuse the coarse language, but this event is a giant "FU" to passholders and other loyal Disney guests.

TCD

Looking at the listing of "Journalists" registered, it pretty much spans the globe - Korea, Brazil, Sweden, Argentina, Romania, Australia, Germany, Costa Rica, Saudi Arabia, Hungary, Latvia, Canada, China, Mexio, Poland, UK, Croatia, Italy, Guatemala... the list goes on and on.

U.S. Travel Association’s IPW is the travel industry's premier international marketplace and the largest generator of travel to the U.S. - it is NOT a typical trade show. In just three days of intensive pre-scheduled business appointments, more than 1,000 U.S. travel organizations from every region of the USA (representing all industry category components), and more than 1,300 international and domestic buyers from more than 70 countries conduct business negotiations that result in the generation of more than $4.7 billion in future Visit USA travel. At IPW, buyers and sellers are able to conduct business that would otherwise be generated only through an exhaustive number of around-the-world trips.

https://www.ipw.com/general-information

Given the scope of this convention (which is huge), it makes sense for the big area attractions to sponsor events like this.  I haven't seen much on what went on at Sea World last night, but I'll be curious to see what Universal does tomorrow.  If they pull out the stops like Disney did, I can just imagine how much fun they could have with the Harry Potter stuff.

FWIW, next year's event is in New Orleans. 

Looking at the listing of "Journalists" registered, it pretty much spans the globe - Korea, Brazil, Sweden, Argentina, Romania, Australia, Germany, Costa Rica, Saudi Arabia, Hungary, Latvia, Canada, China, Mexio, Poland, UK, Croatia, Italy, Guatemala... the list goes on and on.

https://www.ipw.com/general-information

Given the scope of this convention (which is huge), it makes sense for the big area attractions to sponsor events like this.  I haven't seen much on what went on at Sea World last night, but I'll be curious to see what Universal does tomorrow.  If they pull out the stops like Disney did, I can just imagine how much fun they could have with the Harry Potter stuff.

FWIW, next year's event is in New Orleans. 

Makes sense.

So, the truth is that Disney charged day guests for a full day of admission to the MK, then booted them out so they could kiss up to a bunch of foreigners and obscure bloggers by providing them experiences that no regular guest ever gets to enjoy.

Then they told all of their CM's to lie and tell the guests that the park had been rented out for big bucks by a group.

Nice.

TCD