Ok. First time to fort. Bringing cart. Looked at maps and was wondering, are golf carts only for driving in the fort? Could I drive cart to Polynesian? Downtown Disney? Forgive me of these are dumb questions. Places look kinda far. Are those main roads connecting the different areas or are the on property Disney roads I can cruse on a golf cart?

Nope... but if you act dumb, they don't yell... too much  :rolleyes:

Actually, the one time my dad and Tom did drive over there (back in 2012), it really was an accident.  They truly thought it was okay :)

I rode my bike over to Downtown Disney from the Fort one time.

Used Disney Vacation Club Way past Saratoga Springs to get there, and came back Buena Vista Drive.

Traffic wasn't that bad back then.

I've roller bladed from the Dolphin/Swan around the back road past the Yacht/Beach Club over to the Grand Floridian.

That drop in the road where it goes underneath the water bridge to Epcot was a little hairy.

Also skated along the boardwalk and the sidewalk in front of the Yacht/Beach Club side.

I don't think they allow skating on the boardwalk or the sidewalk around the lake any more.

I rode my bike over to Downtown Disney from the Fort one time.

Used Disney Vacation Club Way past Saratoga Springs to get there, and came back Buena Vista Drive.

Traffic wasn't that bad back then.

I've roller bladed from the Dolphin/Swan around the back road past the Yacht/Beach Club over to the Grand Floridian.

That drop in the road where it goes underneath the water bridge to Epcot was a little hairy.

Also skated along the boardwalk and the sidewalk in front of the Yacht/Beach Club side.

I don't think they allow skating on the boardwalk or the sidewalk around the lake any more.

I wish I could roller blade!  Looks like really great exercise.  Tried it once (oh...almost 20 years ago now, mercy) and it was. not. good.  I'm sure I've gave several people, some really good laughs though  :lol:

What about electric vehicles? Are they allowed on Disney roads?

As long as they are street legal and registered with tags they can be driven on the roads but they are not allowed to be taken on the golf cart paths.  On the road only.

What about electric vehicles? Are they allowed on Disney roads?

Not on the roads outside of the FORT. Those roads have 40 MPH speed limits and electric vehicles can only be operated on roads with speed limit of 35 or less, per FL law. Also the community must allow their use as well.

For electric powered cars, such as a Volt or Leaf, they even have special parking spots in some of the Theme Park lots for chargining.

So if you want to park close, glue an extension cord to your hood of your dually and tell the arm waving guy you need to plug in! 

If he questions you just tell him it's custom built!

Not on the roads outside of the FORT. Those roads have 40 MPH speed limits and electric vehicles can only be operated on roads with speed limit of 35 or less, per FL law. Also the community must allow their use as well.

Is that why I get yelled at when my cart sets off the alarm on the little radar thingy and the little fort popo comes after me and tells me that 38 is too fast for my cart to be going?  :ph34r: :popo: :lol:

Is that why I get yelled at when my cart sets off the alarm on the little radar thingy and the little fort popo comes after me and tells me that 38 is too fast for my cart to be going?  :ph34r: :popo: :lol:

Let CJ drive and they will just wave to him.....   :rotfl6: