Do you get those normally, just walking around the Fort.... or are they typically like ticks where you need to be walking through brush or woods?

I think Aubreyhelene got hers on the way to the Fort.  Not at the Fort.

I've only been bit up by chiggers once at the Fort, and that was a trip where I was doing some serious railroad spike hunting in a part of the Fort that most people never go.

TCD

I think Aubreyhelene got hers on the way to the Fort.  Not at the Fort.

I've only been bit up by chiggers once at the Fort, and that was a trip where I was doing some serious railroad spike hunting in a part of the Fort that most people never go.

TCD

I've gotten them walking out on the 300 dog walk along the canal.  My foot blew up so much I almost couldn't get my shoe on. 

Never had a problem with them at the Fort otherwise. Steer clear of the spanish moss - I'm told that's one of their favorite haunts.

Aubreyhelene I hope you have a terrific, chigger-free stay at the Fort!  :)

We are here and tucked in for the night.  I have to say a huge thank you to everyone that responds to these threads.  Your knowledge of the the Fort and everything is really appreciated!  We are camped where we requested to be, in the 1400 loop.  Our site is really great, nice and private!  We were really nervous that we would even get on the loop we requested, since every time my mil called they told her something different and couldn't confirm anything- pretty ridiculous! 

BUT we are here and are excited for a great week of Disney fun!   :dance: