With all this tow vehicle talk recently, I have spent more time lurking here than posting. Mainly because I have been kicking around the idea of buying an older 3/4 ton diesel to tow with. I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on what they are selling for around here used with 250k+ miles on them and they are 10 years old. So after some thinking and looking around, I figured out that adding another vehicle to my driveway was not feasible without trading in the 1500. Now I loved my 1500 and hated to part with it but I pulled the trigger and traded it in only after owning it for 2 years. I now am the proud owner of a 2015 Ram 2500 Laramie with a diesel. Found out my employer discount was 1% under dealer invoice and it also allowed me to stack all additional discounts available from the factory on it. After all was said and done, I was able to shave 16k off the original list price of 61k. Factor in the negative equity I had in the 1500 and I still came out ahead. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Didn't want to pay more for the payment but at the same time, you can't put a price on your families safety. With the 1500 I was a few hundred pounds away from overload and it would scream like a banshee going up any mountains. Now I can tow up to 17000 safely and have the additional payload to on the truck.

Here are 2 pics. Believe it or not, the truck is a really dark green but the crappy weather isn't cooperating and it looks black. Go figure.

18346641244_fe00f192bf_z.jpg

18781576258_f2654152a7_z.jpg

Now all I need to do is find the class 5 to class 4 adapter for my hitch so that I can readjust it. I can't wait to try out towing on my next outage.

I am really going to miss my 1500. I loved that truck. Just hope I didn't make a mistake in the long run.

Ryan

You will love your truck for towing. The hitch adaptor is under your back seat or it should be. Report back on your mpg.

Checked behind of every nook and cranny in the truck including under all 4 seats. Couldn't find the adapter. Ended up picking one up from the dealer today. Kinda pricy for what it is. $33 plus tax but it fits well compared to the adapters that don't have the stop ring to align the holes without messing with it.

Ryan

Nice looking ride.

I just got rid of my 2002 Ram 1500.  It was a 6 cylinder 2 door but it was a good little truck, just lacked the extra 2 doors and back seat.

I purchased a 2006 Ram 1500 4 door with an 8 in it.  Great for towing our little PUP.

I have hardly driven it ( I use a beater for day to day driving), but this truck attracts dents and dings like crazy!

Every time I drive it, I find a new dent.  We took it to Orlando this past weekend (not to WDW) and when I was unloading it I noticed a dent in the hood.

I drove it one day, took it to the store, when I got home I noticed a scrape, 2 dents and my antenna was bent over part way.  They actually bent the fender where the housing is attached, and the antenna shaft itself where it was screwed into it.

I had a couple of dings in my 02, but nothing like I'm getting in the 06.

Don't know if people are just jealous or what

So park far away from everyone, and leave someone in the truck as a guard!

Got my first tank of diesel last night. Cost was about the same as filling up the 1500. Got about 550 miles out of the first tank but still had a little under 1/4 of a tank left when I filled up. I am averaging 25 on the freeways and 22 in the city of the evic guage is accurate (my 1500bwas close). It looks like I will get much better mpg out of the Cummins but I am light on the pedal now so that could change.

So far the only thing I hate about it is getting it in a parking garage. The one at work I only have 2 inches of clearance between the top of the cab and the concrete support beams in the garage. It is nerve racking pulling it in there.