So "the puppies" apparently saved all their allowance to get me a Disney gift card for my birthday this year that is to only be used for a spa treatment at WDW during our fall trip.  (I'd still like to know where they're stashing the cash)

Has anyone got any firsthand experience at any of the Disney spas they can share?

Also if you booked ahead, how far in advance did you book?

Many, many moons ago, I did a 1/2 day Spa Treatment at the Disney Institute (that's how long ago it was). It was a fabulous experience! and relatively, not too expensive.

However, couple years later researched doing a similar treatment, and the prices at the "signature" spas has gone up exponentially!!

A few years after that my son's girlfriend looked at spa prices and found some basic treatments at the regular spas (Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge), and found more palatable pricing for massages, facials, etc.

However, the signature spas and their fancy treatments were waaaaay too expensive.

Except for that first Spa Treatment I had, don't have any experience with the actual treatments.

A few years after that my son's girlfriend looked at spa prices and found some basic treatments at the regular spas (Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge), and found more palatable pricing for massages, facials, etc.

However, the signature spas and their fancy treatments were waaaaay too expensive.

Thanks Carol.  I haven't decided what/where yet, so I'll have to do some poking around and see what the options are.

My wife did a pedicure at the Ship Shape spa at the Yacht Club. She said it was good, but the woman painting her toes took forever. Because they weren't busy, I was allowed to sit in the chair beside of her and play with the massager.

18147354605_d9875dc864_z.jpg

Thanks for sharing your experience, Doug! Right after I posted this thread I remembered you had posted in your TR.  :)

Twice, my wife and daughter went to Senses at the Grand Floridian for Mother's Day as a gift from my daughter.  They both LOVED it both times.  The last time they went was this year.  I believe the reservations were made a couple of weeks prior to the date; but you can make them earlier.

Got my wife into senses the last time we went. She was in for the signature for 2 hours. Came out looking relaxed and drunk at the same time. She said it was great. We may try a couples massage this time but I am not sure yet. I am not a person to go to a spa but she would probably like spending time with me and not the kiddos for a little bit.

Got my wife into senses the last time we went. She was in for the signature for 2 hours. Came out looking relaxed and drunk at the same time. She said it was great. We may try a couples massage this time but I am not sure yet. I am not a person to go to a spa but she would probably like spending time with me and not the kiddos for a little bit.

That look is the same I saw on my wife's face when she came out.  I don't think I've ever seen her (or anybody) look so relaxed.  She said maybe she could get a prescription from our doctor for a message so insurance would cover it. :) Made me want to go in myself! 

Coincidentally, I just ran across this bit of info from Orlando Theme Park News...

New hand and foot treatments are now available at the Zahanati Massage & Fitness Center, located at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge (407-WDW-SPAS):
  • Manicure (45 minutes) - $35
  • Pedicure (50 minutes) - $55
  • Polish Change (15 minutes) - $12

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/06/new-spa-offerings-at-disneys-animal.html

Those prices really aren't bad at all.  I'll have to see how much their other services run.  I love any excuse to go spend some time at AKL.  Hmmm... lunch at Sanaa?  8)

• 1 month later...

Josh's real girlfriend recently posted a review of the same spa. Hers has more info and pictures. 

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/senses-spa-at-disneys-saratoga-springs-resort-a-review/

I was going to post that too!

Her review was much better.  She has a writing style very similar to Josh's.

Also did you notice that she used an annual pass discount?  I thought she was a CM and the way he got all of his insider info, I guess its coming from somewhere else.

WBI

I was going to post that too!

Her review was much better. She has a writing style very similar to Josh's.

Also did you notice that she used an annual pass discount? I thought she was a CM and the way he got all of his insider info, I guess its coming from somewhere else.

WBI

I noticed that too. She was a CM.

• 2 months later...

An update... called last week to book.  SIL is coming along with and we were looking to schedule for a Sunday while the guys are off watching football.  They couldn't get us both in for the treatments we both wanted without a huge gap in between.  I'd been told before that weekends tended to be tougher to book, so I asked about a Weds instead.  No problem!

We're each getting an 80 minute massage followed by an 80 minute pedicure.

If you're looking for me I'll be that happy little puddle in the corner.  :P

An update... called last week to book. SIL is coming along with and we were looking to schedule for a Sunday while the guys are off watching football. They couldn't get us both in for the treatments we both wanted without a huge gap in between. I'd been told before that weekends tended to be tougher to book, so I asked about a Weds instead. No problem!

We're each getting an 80 minute massage followed by an 80 minute pedicure.

If you're looking for me I'll be that happy little puddle in the corner. :P

Report back!