No interest in planning my fast passes

If it were me, I would see which parks Josh recommends on the days you are there, and make some FP+ there, trying to get the important ones around 11am (not too early so you have to rush, not too late so she is getting tired.)

Then, if you miss them no big deal.  Just relax and enjoy your vacation!

I seriously have no interestnin trying to guess when and what we are going to want to do. I know I have to do it so we can ride the stuff we want but trying to plan out the days not knowing how Squish will do, at what pace we will move, etc. just not feeling it.

I feel the same way. It used to be with a pass, at least for us locals, you,could just go to the parks, wander around and go on whatever rides didn't have a long line. Sooner or later you would get on everything. But now everything is booked up by people 6 months out. Last time we went camping and had passes, everything felt rushed and not nearly as enjoyable as just hanging out at the Fort.

Got our notice today that we can book FP+.  I hear you Beckers, and I didn't jump to book any.

In our case we don't really plan any more because we just wing it most of the time.  I think we have 3 ADRs in 3 weeks and other than looking to see which park is open the latest, we don't really know what park we'll be in when.

We had decent luck last year booking "regular" attractions a day or so before (i.e., not the newest, biggest headliners), and I was even able to get some for TSM a week or so ahead without too much trouble.

What I'll probably do is take that info and book a few FPs for TSM and Mine Train soon-ish and leave it at that.

What a bunch of ingrates you all are!

Disney spent over a billion dollars on My Magic+TM, and MyMagic+ takes your Walt Disney World vacation to an all-new level, making it uniquely yours, so you can enjoy every moment with family and friends.

TCD

Uh-oh!  TCD drank the Kool-Aid!   :panic:

What a bunch of ingrates you all are!

Disney spent over a billion dollars on My Magic+TM, and MyMagic+ takes your Walt Disney World vacation to an all-new level, making it uniquely yours, so you can enjoy every moment with family and friends.

TCD

Wonder how many more Billions they need to spend to fix it and really make it user friendly?

Wonder how many more Billions they need to spend to fix it and really make it user friendly?

It can't be fixed.

It was a stupid idea, and will never be user friendly.  It was never intended to be user friendly.  MyMagic+ is a bunch of half-a**ed ideas concocted by people who don't understand what it's like to be a park guest.  It's all show and no substance.  And the show part doesn't work so good.

We are now 2 years into Magic Bands, but I still have to bring my actual pass and a photo ID with me to the parks, in case the MB doesn't work, and to prove that I am actually a Passholder so I can get my generous 10% discount on the overpriced crap they sell.  So, what good is it?

TCD

What I would really like to know is what percentage of fast passes get used. That is the problem I see is that allot of resources are being reserved "Just In Case" and as a result many fast passes and dining options are not available. I know they are trying to fix this by charging a dining deposit but that does not help fast passes. 

It can't be fixed.

It was a stupid idea, and will never be user friendly.  It was never intended to be user friendly.  MyMagic+ is a bunch of half-a**ed ideas concocted by people who don't understand what it's like to be a park guest.  It's all show and no substance.  And the show part doesn't work so good.

We are now 2 years into Magic Bands, but I still have to bring my actual pass and a photo ID with me to the parks, in case the MB doesn't work, and to prove that I am actually a Passholder so I can get my generous 10% discount on the overpriced crap they sell.  So, what good is it?

TCD

TCD, you should tell us how you really feel about MB's.  Don't hold back!  :lol:

In theory, they are a good idea, but like you said they do have flaws, I never thought about bringing our cards in case they didn't work!  Guess I need to throw them in the truck glove box along with the 1/2 dozen MB's rolling around in there.

I don't mind the bands per say for doing their basic job (if they work), admission, room/gate key, linking payments to them.  I detest the FastPass system, and trying to get your entire parties bands linked, especially if you aren't the one controlling all of them.

What I would really like to know is what percentage of fast passes get used. That is the problem I see is that allot of resources are being reserved "Just In Case" and as a result many fast passes and dining options are not available. I know they are trying to fix this by charging a dining deposit but that does not help fast passes. 

Good question!  I know for us, that's exactly what we're doing - reserving FP for days we think we *might* use them, because otherwise we might never ride things like TSM or Soarin. 

I do cancel them as soon as I know we're not going to use them, but I'd be willing to bet a good number of people just ignore them and let them lapse.

Good question!  I know for us, that's exactly what we're doing - reserving FP for days we think we *might* use them, because otherwise we might never ride things like TSM or Soarin. 

I do cancel them as soon as I know we're not going to use them, but I'd be willing to bet a good number of people just ignore them and let them lapse.

If you have multiple people linked together for Passes, and some of them don't show up, my daughter says it screws up everyone elses chances of getting more passes when they use the initial 3.

That's a good question.  In my case, there are a lot of FP+ reservations that don't get used, because I have to make them far in advance of knowing what we will actually be doing on that particular day. 

The concept that you can change your FP+ reservations on the day of is a crock.  For anything mildly popular, there will be no alternate times available when it comes time to make the changes.   And, it's too much work to cancel them.  So, they just don't get used.

TCD, you should tell us how you really feel about MB's.  Don't hold back!  :lol:

In theory, they are a good idea, but like you said they do have flaws, I never thought about bringing our cards in case they didn't work!  Guess I need to throw them in the truck glove box along with the 1/2 dozen MB's rolling around in there.

I don't mind the bands per say for doing their basic job (if they work), admission, room/gate key, linking payments to them.  I detest the FastPass system, and trying to get your entire parties bands linked, especially if you aren't the one controlling all of them.

MB's work much more consistently of late, but in the early days of their use, it was very common for the band to simply not work.  If you couldn't prove who you were, then you were SOL.

Also, the MB by itself won't qualify for your Passholder discount.  You have to have a photo ID too.  If I need to carry that around, then what has the MB saved me?

I rarely cancel mine, as it's not a simple thing to do on the glitchy app from inside a park where the WiFi works poorly, and drains your phone battery.

If you have multiple people linked together for Passes, and some of them don't show up, my daughter says it screws up everyone elses chances of getting more passes when they use the initial 3.

I didn't know this.  I thought after the times expire, you're good to go.

TCD

I shut off my WiFi in the parks because it's so sketchy that it drains my battery even more.

Same.  It's bad enough that it doesn't work, but then it drains your battery?  Nope.

The kiosks work better anyway.  At least there you can find a helpful CM to help you plan the magic, and get the exact FP+ times and attractions you want.  (as long as you don't want anything good).

TCD

Also, the MB by itself won't qualify for your Passholder discount.  You have to have a photo ID too.  If I need to carry that around, then what has the MB saved me?

I didn't know this.  I thought after the times expire, you're good to go.

TCD

You mean that nifty Passholder slider they gave me won't get me my discount?  Oh man I'm bummed about that. :bugeyes:

I'm not up on the ins and outs of the Fast Pass system.  My daughter was in town this weekend, and I gave her the MB for our Labor Day Fort visit.  I told her she could start setting them up if she wanted to, but that my wife and I might not use whatever she booked if we decide to stay at the Fort.  That's when she mentioned that it could mess with everyone's if we didn't show..  So I was just repeating what she said. Maybe she meant they couldn't book more until our last one expired if we didn't use it.  The whole mess makes my head spin.

You mean that nifty Passholder slider they gave me won't get me my discount?  Oh man I'm bummed about that. :bugeyes:

Right. That slider doesn't get you a thing. Except for status, of course.

I'm not up on the ins and outs of the Fast Pass system.  My daughter was in town this weekend, and I gave her the MB for our Labor Day Fort visit.  I told her she could start setting them up if she wanted to, but that my wife and I might not use whatever she booked if we decide to stay at the Fort.  That's when she mentioned that it could mess with everyone's if we didn't show..  So I was just repeating what she said. Maybe she meant they couldn't book more until our last one expired if we didn't use it.  The whole mess makes my head spin.

In case you don't know, if your daughter makes FP+ reservations for you and the wife, and you don't want to go in to the parks, you can give her one of your duplicate MB's, and she and the grandkids can use those FP+'s in the park. 

TCD

I also found one time I didn't use my FP+ I had reserved, but went into the park later that day, and went to a kiosk to see what would be available. It wouldn't let me get any more FP until I had cancelled those even though the time had expired. I couldn't cancel them from the kiosk, had to use the App, and couldn't get the app to work.