Test of "NEW" Fort check in prodcedures?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I can see it not working out too well at the Fort.   You go to a hotel, and one room is pretty much the same as the next.   Maybe you want a particular one because something memorable happened t

I suppose someone might be factoring in that check-in time is technically 1pm, but we all know (as do they) that campers show up at all times.   Plus if I'm at a resort, I can't open the door and stan

Discussions flying back and forth on that others sites FB page about a check in test this weekend at the Fort.   Some people are saying that they did the on line check in, then got a call or a text te

We were told to use the back gate for all exits and reentries to the Fort when we were there last October.

We checked out yesterday and were told to use the back gate.  The gate by the new guard shack is blocked off due to the construction.  The magic Bands worked fine.

We will be checking in this coming Sunday and all this talk about the check in prodedure has me wondering what to expect.  We haven't been there since last October, so will we stop at a guard shack as has been the case?

We have used the back gate to come and go in the past, but I assume that you couldn't use it to check in--is that correct? 

We decided not to use the online check-in option as I have read on the forum that it has not made a great deal of difference---is that assumption correct?

We might have had trouble once or twice over several years checking in, but then only around holiday periods.

We will be checking in this coming Sunday and all this talk about the check in prodedure has me wondering what to expect.  We haven't been there since last October, so will we stop at a guard shack as has been the case?

We have used the back gate to come and go in the past, but I assume that you couldn't use it to check in--is that correct? 

We decided not to use the online check-in option as I have read on the forum that it has not made a great deal of difference---is that assumption correct?

We might have had trouble once or twice over several years checking in, but then only around holiday periods.

No matter what way you decide to do, on line or upon arrival check in, at this time you still go thru the guard shack.

I think the advanced notification of your site # was just a test over Labor Day, but even then you had to go thru the guard shack line.

Well, no text message....

I was starting from Exit 104 on I4, just east of Orlando. I left the campground at 8:30 and a few minutes after I hit,the road I got an email alert from Amaerican Express of a "card not present" charge by Disney for the balance of my stay. They know I'm coming.

I arrived at 9:30 - no one in the drive up lanes. The CM verified my name with my drivers license, asked if I had been to the Fort before. When I said yes he said great, 1938 have a great day. So, the on line check in did save me time. As I started to drive away he stopped me and said he forgot to get me to sign the pet form. A quick signature and I was on my way.

Well, no text message....

I was starting from Exit 104 on I4, just east of Orlando. I left the campground at 8:30 and a few minutes after I hit,the road I got an email alert from Amaerican Express of a "card not present" charge by Disney for the balance of my stay. They know I'm coming.

I arrived at 9:30 - no one in the drive up lanes. The CM verified my name with my drivers license, asked if I had been to the Fort before. When I said yes he said great, 1938 have a great day. So, the on line check in did save me time. As I started to drive away he stopped me and said he forgot to get me to sign the pet form. A quick signature and I was on my way.

The online check in only saved you time because there was no one in the check-in lane in front of you.  Since the Fort doesn't see fit to have a dedicated lane for online check in, you could have had a nice wait.

So, there's still a pet form?  It would be good if you could scan and post a copy of it when you get back.  I haven't seen one since 2010.

TCD

The guard at the shack checked my name on the list, but sent me to the reception lines. No check in there.

There were two line open, so hat was,in my favor, but TCD is right, without a dedicated line it could still hold you up. Maybe after the construction they may do that? Today the computers were not working in the drive thru lanes, I think because of the construction. That would have been a killer if someone was not pre checked in.

The guard at the shack checked my name on the list, but sent me to the reception lines. No check in there.

There were two line open, so hat was,in my favor, but TCD is right, without a dedicated line it could still hold you up. Maybe after the construction they may do that? Today the computers were not working in the drive thru lanes, I think because of the construction. That would have been a killer if someone was not pre checked in.

So they aren't using the "system" that they were testing over Labor Day.

Those people were getting a message with their site numbers before they arrived, then  a CM at the guard shack was checking names. I think if you were on "THE LIST" you got sent thru the overflow to go to your site.

We weren't on the list (didn't do on-line check-in) so we got directed to the reception barn line.

So they aren't using the "system" that they were testing over Labor Day.

Those people were getting a message with their site numbers before they arrived, then  a CM at the guard shack was checking names. I think if you were on "THE LIST" you got sent thru the overflow to go to your site.

We weren't on the list (didn't do on-line check-in) so we got directed to the reception barn line.

This so called "test" appears to be a one time deal they used in the unique situation of Labor Day.  They had a lot of empty sites, and could pre-assign them to guests.  It probably was done to cut down on labor costs on the Friday of Labor Day weekend- not to help guests.

The rest of the year, you can just wait in line, and they'll get to you when they can.

TCD

This so called "test" appears to be a one time deal they used in the unique situation of Labor Day.  They had a lot of empty sites, and could pre-assign them to guests.  It probably was done to cut down on labor costs on the Friday of Labor Day weekend- not to help guests.

The rest of the year, you can just wait in line, and they'll get to you when they can.

TCD

Yeah, I can see it not working out too well at the Fort.

You go to a hotel, and one room is pretty much the same as the next.

Maybe you want a particular one because something memorable happened to you in a certain room (like your first Meth Lab). :lol:

But the Fort has too many variables with people wanting specific sites, they will get an assigned site, and if it's not want they wanted they are going to want to go and try to change it and tie up the lines.

Maybe you want a particular one because something memorable happened to you in a certain room (like your first Meth Lab). :lol:

LOL.

But, be careful with those meth lab jokes.

Getting back on topic, of all the things that could use fixing at the Fort, the check in procedure isn't one.

I've never really had anything horrible happen at check-in.  They should stop monkeying with this and go and fix something that needs fixing- like kids driving golf carts or freeloaders at the pool.

Or send that person with the clipboard down to the Settlement Trading Post with some canvas and a needle and thread, and sew a new top for that forsaken wagon that's rotting back there.

TCD

Getting back on topic, of all the things that could use fixing at the Fort, the check in procedure isn't one.

I've never really had anything horrible happen at check-in. They should stop monkeying with this and go and fix something that needs fixing- like kids driving golf carts or freeloaders at the pool.

TCD

Agreed

So, there's still a pet form?  It would be good if you could scan and post a copy of it when you get back.  I haven't seen one since 2010.

We've signed one every year since 2006.  I don't think it's changed any.  I'll have to look and see if last November's welcome packet is still kicking around.

I've never really had anything horrible happen at check-in.  They should stop monkeying with this and go and fix something that needs fixing- like kids driving golf carts or freeloaders at the pool.

Or send that person with the clipboard down to the Settlement Trading Post with some canvas and a needle and thread, and sew a new top for that forsaken wagon that's rotting back there.

Agreed across the boards!!!