Drink Prices (Been, Wine ,etc)

They go so far as to charge the same price for one beer at the trading posts as they do at Crockett's Tavern or the pool.  And those prices are the same as what you'd pay at the fancy bars at the deluxe resorts.

It used to be they'd even charge you the same price for a six pack as it would cost for six individual beers.  They've backed off on that a bit, but not much.

There aren't any deals on booze at WDW.  It's a big profit source for them, and they work hard to keep it that way.

TCD

Given there's a master bar menu that all the resorts/parks share, not much of a surprise. 

I'm trying to think if I've ever seen any kind of "drink special" anywhere. I've seen "specials" where it's just a drink that's not on the regular bar menu, but I've never seen any sort of "special" price.

I recommend you all put a bar in your RV and stock up at home.

...or just come by with a cup when we're there.  8)

For great drink deals, drive about 5 minutes off property to the Ale House at the corner of 535 and Apopka-Vineland.  B)

Would that be Miller's Ale House? If so I would agree, we really like it there, plus they have a great potato soup in a bread bowl

Would that be Miller's Ale House? If so I would agree, we really like it there, plus they have a great potato soup in a bread bowl

I havent been there yet. I had plans a while back but man did stuff go wrong for people that summer. Want to try again?

Yes!!

We went there to watch a football game last year and it cost us a fraction of what it would have at ESPN.  The 2 of us had drinks and a bunch of apps - enough to get us through the entire game - and I think the bill was around $50.  It would have easily cost us 2-3 times that at ESPN.

Every time I've been to Millers they've had some kind of cheap drink specials.

Oh and their "35 fried shrimp" dish??  Super good and a major bargain at only $10.95.

Yes!!

We went there to watch a football game last year and it cost us a fraction of what it would have at ESPN.  The 2 of us had drinks and a bunch of apps - enough to get us through the entire game - and I think the bill was around $50.  It would have easily cost us 2-3 times that at ESPN.

Every time I've been to Millers they've had some kind of cheap drink specials.

Oh and their "35 fried shrimp" dish??  Super good and a major bargain at only $10.95.

I would like to try every beer they have on tap but would need a designated driver for sure :beer:

I would like to try every beer they have on tap but would need a designated driver for sure :beer:

I will be your DD.  You can pay me with 35 shrimp.  8)

For anyone who doesn't know, you can get to Miller's Ale House via the back way out of the Fort.

It is closer than a lot of places on WDW property.  Like Animal Kingdom, and the AK resort area.

TCD

Super quick and easy to get to.

Now if there was only a shuttle...

Oh the trailer will definitely be Stocked!

Just didn't want to miss out on any deals. Goin to be hard to pay those prices in park........ but may be harder to spend all day in park with out drink?

Now I'm not advocating any Monkey Shines or Tom Foolery, but you can take drinks into the parks, and I've never been asked what is in the 4 metal water bottles that we bring in, which is just ice water.

But, if something else happened to get into a bottle that you brought in...

And the drink prices at the resorts and the trading posts are crazy.

But it wasn't always like that.  We used to stop at the Fort when we were in Orlando for the day, head down to the Settlement Trading Post, get sandwiches made at the deli there, and head to the beach and eat.  Bottles of beer used to be either a $1 or $1.25, only a few cents more than a can of soda.

This may help- it's a blog post from a year ago, and lists some of the bars in Downtown Disney which have Happy Hour specials: http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/09/01/happiest-hour-around-walt-disney-world/

Raglan Road and House of Blues are included.  You can use a Disney bus as your designated driver at these places.

Also, I think I've heard about some kind of deals offered at the tequila bar in Epcot.  Was it through their Facebook page?

TCD

... if something else happened to get into a bottle that you brought in...

Just be sure it's not identifiable.  I was behind a family at AK in May that tried to get through bag check with those little single-serving containers of wine - I don't even think they were glass - and they were told they couldn't bring them in.

And I am a strong advocate of Monkey Shines and Tom Foolery in general.

...as long as you're responsible about it. B)

Also, I think I've heard about some kind of deals offered at the tequila bar in Epcot.  Was it through their Facebook page?

Probably - or their Twitter.  I'm not sure how much of a deal you'll get considering their regular prices, but every little bit helps!

Plus their drinks are delicious.

Just be sure it's not identifiable.  I was behind a family at AK in May that tried to get through bag check with those little single-serving containers of wine - I don't even think they were glass - and they were told they couldn't bring them in.

And I am a strong advocate of Monkey Shines and Tom Foolery in general.

...as long as you're responsible about it. B)

Or you may get a 6" thick Magic File with your name on it!

Thanks for the tip on Downtown, TCD.  I was unaware and some of these are pretty good!

Downtown Disney Happy Hour Specials

Raglan Road

• Happy Hour: Visit the Hole in Wall outdoor pub 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm – $2 off beer, well drinks, and glasses of wine.

House of Blues Orlando
  • Happy Hour: Everyday 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm & 10:00 pm till close – $3 domestic beer bottles, $3.75 import beer bottles, and house wine and cocktails.

Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe
  • Happy Hour: Monday – Thursday 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm – half off sushi and sake (lounge only).

Half off sushi?!?!

:holysheep:

That info is a year old.  It may no longer be accurate.

I see a Fiend Fact Finding mission in order.  Who's up for the challenge?

:smug:

Actually the whole official launch of "Disney Springs" could work in favor here.  If they're trying to find a reason to convince people to get down there and check things out, what better way than with cheap drinks!

:rofl2:

So if I was to partake in some on property adult beverages,,,  Were are some good spots?  Epcot seems to have some different stuff.

What do you guys recommend.

I like a lot of people enjoy the slushies in France. 

However one of my favorite drinks at EPCOT that I am trying to reproduce at home is a Canto-Loopy. It is served at the Joy of TEa stand in China and it is Vodka and Cantaloupe Juice. Sooo yummy. 

This may help- it's a blog post from a year ago, and lists some of the bars in Downtown Disney which have Happy Hour specials: http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/09/01/happiest-hour-around-walt-disney-world/

Raglan Road and House of Blues are included. You can use a Disney bus as your designated driver at these places.

Also, I think I've heard about some kind of deals offered at the tequila bar in Epcot. Was it through their Facebook page?

TCD

If you follow La Cava on Twitter, you can get any margarita for $10 on Mondays. That's $3-5 off.