swimmarz, on 22 Oct 2015 - 8:28 PM, said:snapback.png

Exactly!! Not sure what the Ford dealership and the rv sales guy were smoking that day. We actually have to get a totally different van. 

We had a similar experience when we bought a, to me, huge trailer..  At that time we had a Dodge van and all we heard was 'of course your van can pull the trailer'.  Yeah right.  Those guys had liar, liar pants on fire syndrome. The van did manage to pull it home, on flat Florida roads with a curve or two.  But it let us know that was all it was capable of doing.  The next day we were at the Chevy dealer looking at Avalanches.  Still have that and it's pretty happy pulling our little hybrid.  Over kill for the hybrid though. ;)

when i purchased my pup from lazydays, they had me fill out a form and we had to look up the spec on my TV.

I questioned the whole thing and was advised its a liability issue, if they sell a trailer and the vehicle towing it off the lot is not rated to do so they can not release it from the lot.

It was a legit worksheet, with all the weights listed for the TV and the trailer, Ill try to find a copy of it

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, this picture makes me a bit misty eyed.     I have VERY similar pictures from our first trip with our girls 15 years ago.     Here is one of them.        That girl in pink is turning 20 soon.  A

Zebra Domes SMB.

My primary issue isn't so much the phone stuff, as it is how MDE has messed up the stand by lines and made it much more difficult than it used to be to just do the parks without a plan, at least if yo

swimmarz, on 22 Oct 2015 - 8:28 PM, said:

Exactly!! Not sure what the Ford dealership and the rv sales guy were smoking that day. We actually have to get a totally different van. 

We had a similar experience when we bought a, to me, huge trailer..  At that time we had a Dodge van and all we heard was 'of course your van can pull the trailer'.  Yeah right.  Those guys had liar, liar pants on fire syndrome. The van did manage to pull it home, on flat Florida roads with a curve or two.  But it let us know that was all it was capable of doing.  The next day we were at the Chevy dealer looking at Avalanches.  Still have that and it's pretty happy pulling our little hybrid.  Over kill for the hybrid though. ;)

when i purchased my pup from lazydays, they had me fill out a form and we had to look up the spec on my TV.

I questioned the whole thing and was advised its a liability issue, if they sell a trailer and the vehicle towing it off the lot is not rated to do so they can not release it from the lot.

It was a legit worksheet, with all the weights listed for the TV and the trailer, Ill try to find a copy of it

Unfortunately most rv dealers don't seem to care as long as they make the sale. Car lots seem to be the same they will look at the spec sheets for a vehicle but not how a certain vehicle is equipped.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately most rv dealers don't seem to care as long as they make the sale. Car lots seem to be the same they will look at the spec sheets for a vehicle but not how a certain vehicle is equipped.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Lazydays went out with me and looked at the decal on the door jamb, and the decal on the trailer, no books to look up the info.

Not to hi-jack but lazydays has a robust process for sales/ delivery

they have gate attendants and the only way to get the exit pass is from the sales manager after all paperwork is reviewed, see previous posts not valise unless signed by sales manager

no pass, your not leaving till info is verified.

And their vehicle delivery area is nice, new unit is backed in, old unit is opposite( head in), and you can stay 2 nights to get your stuff squared away and settled in

Lazydays went out with me and looked at the decal on the door jamb, and the decal on the trailer, no books to look up the info.

they have gate attendants and the only way to get the exit pass is from the sales manager after all paperwork is reviewed, see previous posts not valise unless signed by sales manager

And their vehicle delivery area is nice, new unit is backed in, old unit is opposite( head in), and you can stay 2 nights to get your stuff squared away and settled in

Lazydays is definitely a step above.

We'd like to visit Lazydays someday... looks they they have a very expansive inventory!  Fun stuff :)

Wednesday September 30

Today was a Fort day and I intended to take it slow. I woke up feeling a bit sore but overall much better. Lucy and I got a late start on our walk this morning. The sun was already up and many furry friends were out and about along with some turkeys.

20151002_162920_zpscetfk1a2.jpg

These turkeys have been eating well. If you plan to be at the Fort over Thanksgiving make sure to bring your shot gun and muffler. Thems some good eaten there.

Moving on along the loop I noticed this pup.

20151002_095358_zpslplka7sv.jpg

I was interested in their freezer/fridge set up. When we had ours I never thought to do this. Interesting what folks come up with.

Anyway, back at the camper the children were ready for some swimming, no surprise there. After a time in the sun we headed back for lunch. We had received notice that some mail was waiting for us at the Outpost. With the littles napping and the big kids engaged in some board games my prince and I headed out on a date. We rode bikes over to the Outpost and picked up our all important package, a Fort Fiends sign. Then we headed over to the Settlement where we met this lady.

20151002_131624_zpsargojw7w.jpg

Miss Josephine was a hoot. We spent about 45 minutes or more conversing with her. During that time she told us about the new P and J sign, which she thought was a joke, and how she came to work for Disney. What a neat lady, I think I could sit at her feet all day.

Too late for lunch we decided to get pizza.

20150930_150919_zpsfvg6wb5f.jpg

I know you all are downers on the pizza, but we actually liked it. The closest thing I can compare it too is a DiGiornos. It was fresh, hot and satisfying. See the drink in the picture. That was a gift from Miss Josie, moonshine.

These folk had obviously traveled far today. What a great place to rest your sore achy feet.

20150930_144842_zpsqkpa1wh0.jpg

Selfie alert

20150930_145040_zpsxd8gfx4a.jpg

With tummies full it was time to head back to our little clan.

Thursday October 1st. Happy Birthday Epcot.

Waffles were on the menu this morning and then off to the bus stop we went. The color of the day? Red.

World%20Showcase_zpszdlme1gb.jpeg

The bus ride was uneventful and before you know it we were at Epcot. While we were waiting to get in a couple of cast members started a little cheer for everyone to participate in. Gimme a E type of thing. At the end they yelled Happy Birthday Epcot and started letting everyone in. Apparently it was Epcot's 33rd birthday and Disney spared no expense on that cheer. With half of us through with green lights my other half started getting blue, really? The CM was busy on his cell phone as we were standing there receiving nasty glares from those behind us. Finally I just told everyone to go. The CM looked up at me and said okay and went back to his phone. Off to Test Track. Since the little guys couldn't ride we hung back with the bubble man.

20151001_085656_zpsegyxgnox.jpg

I found the crowds amusing in the way that they split, half went to Test Track and Mission Space . . .

20151001_085706_zps1dj6rxdq.jpg

and the other half to Soarin.

20151001_085701_zpsypxjztle.jpg

As everyone raced off to their next destination point I watched the water show. I think I was the only one.

20151001_090022_zpslr7emetu.jpg

Test Track was a clan favorite, although I am not sure who the red shirt imposter is?

EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_7475815988_zpsczcc0

Mission Space was next and then we headed off to Ellen's Energy Adventure . . . and that's all I have to say about that ride. Having wasted 30 minutes of my life we entered World Showcase.

We decided to head right and ran into this gal.

20151001_111033_zpsodbfzg5m.jpg

Actually Bethanie spotted her first and next thing we knew she was out of the stroller and running at full speed. She just about tackled poor Ariel with a huge bear hug. Ariel was so great and returned the excitement of the moment. I didn't realize it at the time, but Ariel is a little out of place here. I learned that we were at a character training spot. I never knew about these places and will have to keep my eyes open in the future. With the girls conversing with Ariel I looked over at my husband and said, “I told ya so”. He didn't want to do any character meet and greets. I told him this was a mistake as Bethanie would totally get into it. The look on his face told me he was regretting that decision.

The heat was getting to be brutal. The heat index for the day was well over 100 degrees and we were feeling it. We decided to have lunch in the U.S.A. That was a major fail. My husband placed the order of 11 cheeseburgers. He was given his receipt and patiently waited for our order to arrive.  20 minutes later he was handed a tray with one meal on it. He looked at the server and told her that no, we had ordered 11 meals. She did not speak English. Wait what? She then turns to her manager who looks at the receipt and hands my husband back the tray smiling. He again said that we ordered 11 kids meals and showed her the receipt. She too did not speak English well and told the cook who also didn’t speak English well to redo the order. Sigh only in America. 30 minutes later our food arrived with no comps.

Cooled off and full we continued on our adventure.

20151001_105829_zpsnmcvmnhn.jpg

20151001_125653_zpss0ixgiez.jpg

20151001_130339_zpsyg6xz5ro.jpg

World Showcase was getting really busy now with drunks. No joke, we saw numerous people stumbling all over the place as they wandered to the next vender. My oldest had wanted to sample some of the F&W offerings so we stopped at Mexico and sampled the Chilaquiles de Pollo. Yummy

Sadly my son inhaled his sampling before I could even reach for my camera. Boys and their stomachs.

We finished up our day with Nemo, Journey into Imagination, a little time with the jumping water and finally Space Ship Earth. 

20151001_150621_zpsofcnw84n.jpg

20151001_150618_zpsnuzpul5u.jpg

EPCOT_FWROVER_7476195758_zpsk3b8kzgu.jpe

Notice how soaked a few got?

EPCOT_FWROVER_7476197895_zpszdguh7nn.jpe

When I showed Bethanie this picture later that night, she had a look of total confusion. She kept looking at her hand and then up at me. You could tell she was thinking, I don't remember holding Tinker Bell. I told her it was magic and she giggled still not fully understanding.

Even with the cool off, the little guys were over the heat, or maybe it was the parents. So we headed back to the Fort. We had planned to return later that evening to ride Soarin but decided against it, motion sickness worries.

Overall we enjoyed Epcot, although it felt very dated and at a loss as to where it wants to go. A while back I read an interesting article about the possible evolution of Epcot into a more lighthearted Park as opposed to it's past and maybe current science showcase.

http://www.orlandovacation.com/disney-world/epcot/attraction-changes/

Is Epcot on the cusp of a change? I think signs are pointing in that direction, but only time will tell.

Up next? A last minute change.

Great Update!

It it a 'no shave while on vacation' policy for your husband?  I have that policy.

Great family pics, especially the last one with the little one tuckered out.

Bethanie and Tink for the win.

Great Update!

It it a 'no shave while on vacation' policy for your husband?  I have that policy.

Great family pics, especially the last one with the little one tuckered out.

Bethanie and Tink for the win.

Yes on the no shave. Although this time I did bring the electric clippers so he could trim it really quick if it got too hot. He didn't lol. Thanks I really enjoyed the photo pass pictures.

Its only 71 miles away just head west on I-4

Lazy Days is at the end of RV alley coming into Tampa from the east.

There's the new General RV, Camping World, RV One (Tampa RV) then Lazy Days.

They are all within 5 miles of each other along the I-4 corridor.

It would be just like park hopping, you can make a day of it visiting them all!

And if you leave with something new it will be just like going to the parks. Your wallet will be empty.

You know you were all thinking it.

Its only 71 miles away just head west on I-4

Right, and Lazy Days is at Exit 10 on I-4.  The first WDW exit is at Exit 62.  That's only 52, miles.  I don't know where the 71 miles comes from.

TCD

Friday October 2nd

Today we were supposed to head back to MK. We decided to change up plans a bit and opted for a Fort day instead. We knew before embarking on this trip that not everything would be done and if the children or parents were melting down we would call it a day. All plans were subject to change and the goal was relaxing.

With relaxation in mind we headed to the pool. With the exception of a lunch break we spent the entire day pool side. The children enjoyed the pool party and mom and dad enjoyed being off our feet. About mid afternoon we found out friends of ours would be driving down for a 3 night stay. We hadn't seen them in a few years and were excited to spend the weekend with them.

Saturday October 3rd It's an orange kind of day.

This morning we left early for Disney Springs. Today was Justin's birthday and he had Dinosaurs in mind. We spent a little time playing in the water and looking around before lunch.

20151003_104805_zpsflqj4gnx.jpg

Orange shirt imposter. 

20151003_133136_zpsz8ya2o6l.jpg

20151003_104833_zpslh4fmuuw.jpg

20151003_110056_zps1ylj1zsh.jpg

20151003_134103_zpsblqgpvbc.jpg

Before long it was time to eat.

20151003_110126_zpsg01oqi29.jpg

20151003_110209_zpsnmkdsjms.jpg

We were seated in the ice cave room. The lighting in this room changes from hues of blue to red. It really messes with your eyes. I took these pictures of the kids menu to show how the lighting effected the coloring. Numerious times we thought we were coloring with one color and then the lighting would change to reveal something totally different.

20151003_114415_zpsan5yyols.jpg

20151003_114444_zpsdzcjhwjs.jpg

20151003_114451_zpsfbdfxqh4.jpg

Time to eat! The children settled for pizza kids meals and I chose the Guac-asaurus Burger.

20151003_115201_zpsbbdo7z86.jpg

20151003_115151_zpsiekh5pu9.jpg

Half way through the meal the wait staff came out to a table near us and sang happy birthday. Justin, the birthday boy, quickly left his seat and said he DID NOT want a dessert. He is a bit shy and the thought of everyone staring at him was very overwhelming. Being a good mom I ignored his request, come on it was his birthday. He thanked me later and thoroughly enjoyed his cupcake.

20151003_121400_zpspspmpz16.jpg

After lunch we did a bit more wandering around and some birthday shopping.

20151005_111411_zpsgg0zepmi.jpg

20151003_124740_zps82sei2gq.jpg

Then it was time to head back to the Fort. A boy and his sword.

20151003_140836_zpsqm4iwbf3.jpg

Justin wanted to spend the afternoon swimming, so we did. After everyone was good and water logged it was time for some birthday cake.

20151003_181602_zpsrvamkjwl.jpg

20151003_181709_zpsn6xxmykd.jpg

And with that our day came to an end.

Right, and Lazy Days is at Exit 10 on I-4.  The first WDW exit is at Exit 62.  That's only 52, miles.  I don't know where the 71 miles comes from.

TCD

eh I did google maps at the time and there was an accident on I4, so it was faster going the long way... 

Door to door Lazydays to Ft wilderness is  60.2 miles

Great report so far, but you've got some nerve hijacking back a thread that was hijacked from you previously!  :rofl:

Keep up the good work, you'll get us heathens back in line sooner or later!

I said i didnt mean to hijack.... I still dont...

Love the updates!

c5m7n_4.jpg

I'm glad to see this trip report get back on track.

That Fort day you spent at the pool sounds really nice!

The birthday meal at T-Rex looks like it was a blast.  And, I learned something from the kid's menu.  I didn't know Apatosaurus means "deceptive lizard."  That's a good name.  Especially since back in my day we called them Brontosauruses. 

TCD

I said i didnt mean to hijack.... I still dont...

Love the updates!

c5m7n_4.jpg

Hah!

This is such a great site, where discussions going off the rail are the norm rather than the exceptions.

Some site moderators are quick to delete anything in a discussion that doesn't follow the original post/theme.

Thank god that our moderators don't pay attention are more forgiving! :P

I'm glad to see this trip report get back on track.

That Fort day you spent at the pool sounds really nice!

The birthday meal at T-Rex looks like it was a blast.  And, I learned something from the kid's menu.  I didn't know Apatosaurus means "deceptive lizard."  That's a good name.  Especially since back in my day we called them Brontosauruses. 

hqdefault.jpg

20151003_133136_zpsz8ya2o6l.jpg

Wow, this picture makes me a bit misty eyed.  

I have VERY similar pictures from our first trip with our girls 15 years ago.  

Here is one of them. 

EK_0038.JPG

That girl in pink is turning 20 soon.  And the one on the right in the blue dress just turned 18.   

I know you already know this as you have older kids....but enjoy every moment!  Time sure flies by quickly.