I agree, sure wouldn't do WDW Christmas Week. Sounds like they transition from Halloween to Christmas pretty quick. That's good to know. That first week of Nov. sounds good, but I think it's Jersey Week too. Anybody been at WDW during Jersey Week? Crowds?

Jersey week is no big deal crowd-wise.  It's nothing like summer, Christmas or Easter week.

As to your original question, Halloween is a blast at the Fort.  Christmas is great too.  Christmas is more subdued, while Halloween is much more of a party atmosphere.  Perhaps a bit too much so.  But, if I could only do one, I'd do Halloween.  The weather is better, and the parks are nowhere near crazy messes they become around Christmas break. Also, I prefer Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party to the Christmas Party, and you can enjoy the Food and Wine Festival in October (it's long gone by Christmas).

TCD

I agree, sure wouldn't do WDW Christmas Week. Sounds like they transition from Halloween to Christmas pretty quick. That's good to know. That first week of Nov. sounds good, but I think it's Jersey Week too. Anybody been at WDW during Jersey Week? Crowds?

I have unintentionally been there during Jersey Week. It wasn't super crowded but definitely much more than we were expecting.

Ah, that was back when we had a decent fall break and the kids were young enough to miss school days.

The only problem I have with Jersey week is the disproportionate number of guests from the Garden State. Get ready for a lot of hair gel and Yo's.

TCD

Lol, I was going to say something similar but didn't want to offend the New Jerseyans here. 

And we didn't know what was going on until someone told us.

Hee Hee! I am from Texas (it's own set of problems, I know), and in all of my years, I have never gotten used to the NE accent. I find it so distracting that I discover I'm not listening to what is actually being said. :-[ But then again, my Texan would be like a secret language that they couldn't understand!

Looks like Halloween is the way to go. I will most likely move my dates up into Oct a bit to minimize the risk of big crowds.

Any preferences on which cabin area y'all like? Don't need to be close to a pool or store. Will have a golf cart, so distance really isn't an issue. Oh, that reminds me, is Disney still not allowing delivery of outside golf carts?

Any preferences on which cabin area y'all like? Don't need to be close to a pool or store. Will have a golf cart, so distance really isn't an issue. Oh, that reminds me, is Disney still not allowing delivery of outside golf carts?

I'm not sure if you saw this thread:http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/16466-pictures-of-the-insides-of-the-remodeled-cabins/?hl=%2Bremodeled+%2Bcabins, but the cabins are being refurbished, so you may wish to hold off on picking a loop based on that.  I would think they will all be done by next year, but who knows?

And that's a yes on Disney still banning delivery of golf carts.

TCD

We've gone the first couple of weeks of Nov for years and the crowds are generally not bad. Last year I rode Everest 3 times as a walk-on in the single rider line. RnRC was maybe 10 minutes. Mine train was about 25 minutes during MVMCP. Weather is usually warm enough to still be able to do Splash and Kali (without shivering too much!). The heated pool is NICE. The only thing I did't get to do that I really wanted was BOG. Lines at F&W were not bad at all, with the longest line being at Mexico and it was maybe 10-15 minutes. Great time to go, IMO. We have 10/28-11/18 reserved for next year.

Santa,  Do you bring the sleigh to the Fort or do you have to go all the way back to the Pole before your main trip?

I bring the RV, I have to be back by the 3rd week of November which gives me a solid month to do all the final list checking, build a few special toy projects of my own, and oversee the wrapping and tagging. Used to be I was intensely involved in toy-building from September on, but the advent of electronic toys has left me a bit cold so I leave most of that up to the elves. I focus on a half-dozen or so special doll-houses a year. If a child wants a house that looks like their house, or their grandma's house, I take those on myself, because, after all, I've been there and the elves haven't so I can make it just right. I manage to stay busy and happy... may you be so blessed!

This will be our second year at the Fort for Christmas...Heading down from New England we try to stay for a 10 day period to give a more time to enjoy everything the parks and the Fort have to offer at this time of year...We really enjoyed the decorations at many of the sites and had a great time decorating ours as well...(Got some neat things planned this year!!)...We hit the parks in the AM and when it becomes too crowded we hit the road back to the Fort...Later in the PM we head back in again....I know not everyone has that much time to spend but if you can it makes the trip much more relaxing...I really enjoyed hanging out at our camp site and having the "sleigh" wagon go by with cast members singing Christmas carols and talking with families as they walk by....Its a much different Christmas experience then being at home but we have really enjoyed it...

The last Halloween party is November 1st, the hallowween decorations come down after the party. The night of November 2nd and 3rd the Christmas decorations go up in time for the first Mickey's Very Merry early in November. This is MK only. This year, (but it's the last year, Osbourne lights lit for the first time last night on the 1st) The Halloween campers start pulling halloween decorations on the 1st or 2nd or that week if they aren't staying, and the long termers start transitioning to Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations in November. Most of the "Disney" resort decorations start going up just before Thanksgiving. The other Disney parks are usually decorated for Christmas by Thanksgiving.

The only problem I have with Jersey week is the disproportionate number of guests from the Garden State. Get ready for a lot of hair gel and Yo's.

TCD

When you say that, please say North Jersey, because yo's and hair gel is up there or across the river in Philly. Us southern Jerseyites don't talk anywhere like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say that, please say North Jersey, because yo's and hair gel is up there or across the river in Philly. Us southern Jerseyites don't talk anywhere like that. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 years ago I worked for a company headquartered out of Egg Harbor City, and about once a month I had to go there and meet up with clients of the company in surrounding errors.  Several people there in the main office talked like that over the phone and in person and I encountered the same 'dialect' if you will in Absecon.  I did encounter hair gel up at the Burlington Twp Public Works building.  I hated that particular contract with all my heart....