Check in times, and general questions

My first family trip to the fort is fast approaching, I set up my fast passes and then started to think I might be in trouble.

we will be there 12/11 for the MVMCP and that event starts at 7 pm, I understand I can get access to MK starting at 4 pm and because of that I have fast passes from 3:45- 4:45, 4:45- 5:45, and 5:45-6:45.

My oldest gets out of school at noon on Friday, I am encouraging the wife to get him earlier or just not go at all, but not winning that battle.

The plan as it sits is to hit the road at 12:10 on 12/11, its 155 miles door to fort, and the google machine says 3 hours, but I plan on 3.5 cause ya know I am towing something.

my best time not towing anything for said trip was just over 2 hours as there was speeding involved ( +10 mph on the back roads)

So I think I am gonna roll in to the fort between 3:15-3:45, I am fully aware we might miss the first fast pass, and I am ok with that

How long do you think it will take to check in at that time, figuring I can have the camper setup in 25-30 min and be on my way to MK

I have done online check in already.  My main concern on setting it up is getting the beds made, setting up chairs and out door stuff is not needed on the first night as were doing dinner in the park and then the party so we wont be back till late.

Brings me to part 2 of the question, ECV's  can they go on the boats or am i better off taking a bus?

were going to be in the full hook up loop that is closer to the bus depot, so i just may opt for that as a time saver

Thanks in advance, 

oh final question FF sign as an option for fort delivery?!?!?  

Geez. This sounds like a very stressful way to start a trip.  Rush, rush, rush. Why?  Get the kid out of school early, or forget the FP's.  You're just setting up a failure and hard feelings if you hit traffic, or need more time to set up your camper.  I still have a really hard time believing that you can get it all set up in 25-30 minutes.

I take it from your question that you won't have a golf cart?  If not, then just getting to the boat is going to take you a while.

There is no direct bus from the Fort to the MK.  The only way to bus it would be to take the bus to Wilderness Lodge and catch the MK bus there- not too fast.

You need to rethink things and chill.

TCD

Agreed with Dave and TCD.

We always take our granddaughter out of school early when we head over to the fort.

Last Friday we took her out a little after 10, we were on the road by 10:30 and pulled up to the check in at 11:45, of course we only had a 75 mile drive.

Leave early, give yourself more time for a safe drive and a basic setup.

You mentioned you have an ECV, do you have a handicapped sticker?  They have closer parking.

If so you might want to drive to the MK and that's something to consider even if you don't have a sticker, but you will be parking further back.

Either way, you are looking at the ferry or monorail to get to the MK from parking.

Another way would be to go to the Contemporary, sweet talk your way into their lot, then walk over to the MK.

I would say to skip the fast passes or school. I know if it was me trying to rush to get there and set up it wouldn't end up an enjoyable day/night for anyone.

If it's a firm no on skipping school is it an option for your wife to drive up separate with the kids. That way you could leave earlier get things set up and be ready to go when they arrive.

You can take ECVs on the cruisers that go directly to the MK but not on the resort launches.

Checking in is an unknown all depends on the day such.

Having your FF sign delivered to the Fort is definitely an option. PM AuburnJen before you order it and check with her on how long it will take and so on and she'll be able to let you know where it's best to have it delivered to.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The main thing is to be at the park by 7pm, for the party. We're having one chair delivered to the fort my dad to use, the kids are 2 and 4 and the wife's just said Friday might be the x-mass party at school. I don't want to rush, trust me on that. There is an option for 2 cars as well we're going and so are the parents, sister and bil in the other car. I could take the 2y/o with me and say auntie and bil, and the wife can ride up later with the 4 y/o and mom and dad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This was our first trip as well. Lessons learned. Even with online check-in you still have to wait in line. That alone can be hit or miss. Second backing into site. Should be easy IF chuckle heads around you are not in the way. Third, buses, scooters cannot go by boat. Buses can add quite a bit of time to your day especially with the scooter.

As far as the child, I vote miss school. There is nothing that is going to destroy that child's life by missing a day.

One last thing you can always change your fp on your phone.

Don't rush.

We have a trip scheduled for April and we're tring to figure out our arrival. It is around 19 hours of driving (maybe more if we have to stop or adjust speed for the mh) and are planning on 2 days to drive.

Because the second day we would arrive later in the day we were thinking about just setting up a quick camp at a state park in the area then heading to the fort early in the morning. The plan would be to just pull into the overflow and hit the parks until we decide to take a break and set up. We have a 32ft class c and are not towing anything so setup can go real fast.

Does this sound like a reasonable plan?

The only thing that could be tricky is finding a state park in the area that has openings, depending in what part of April your trip is.

You may be able to check into the Fort when you arrive in the morning, and either get a site assigned then or they will text you when it's available. That way you wouldn't have to deal with the check in process later in the day.

The only thing that could be tricky is finding a state park in the area that has openings, depending in what part of April your trip is.

You may be able to check into the Fort when you arrive in the morning, and either get a site assigned then or they will text you when it's available. That way you wouldn't have to deal with the check in process later in the day.

That's good, a lot of times the snowbirds have them all booked up.