New beef stew at Gaston's tavern

Hey!  In reality I LOVE beef stew...when I ate meat I made a killer stew that drew rave reviews.  But that particular stew in the pic above looks gross to me.  Maybe it's fine, but I just can't imagine Disney mass producing a really good beef stew.  I am imagining it being really processed and thin.

I like disney clam chowder so why not beef stew.

Hey!  In reality I LOVE beef stew...when I ate meat I made a killer stew that drew rave reviews.  But that particular stew in the pic above looks gross to me.  Maybe it's fine, but I just can't imagine Disney mass producing a really good beef stew.  I am imagining it being really processed and thin.

Looks like overlooked Dinty Moore

Geez.  How can those photos be reconciled?

I'm going to believe that the Disney Lifestylers photo is the more accurate one.

The Disney Food Blog people are blatant Disney shills.

And, I love their stupid comment about the baguette making sense "since you're in France."  Uh, yeah, so I guessed I missed all the beef stew stands when I was there.  And the LeFou's Brew?  Yes, there's a lot of that in France.  They serve it at all the cinnamon roll kiosks in Paris.

TCD

The baguette looks like a hoagie roll. And if this side by side comparison doesn't prove bloggers get special treatment nothing does.

Yeah- that does look like a hoagie roll- and I think they pass that type of bread off as a breadstick with some of the salads and pasta dishes they serve around WDW.

And, pardon me for going off topic, but I every time I hear anyone mention beef stew, I always think of this scene from that fine movie, The Benchwarmers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OAbGiq1yDA

That Gaston's beef stew looks like the kind of beef stew they were talking about in that clip.

TCD

Not that I had much, but that photo makes me lose all respect for DFB as a reputable source of information.  

And...that is certainly not a baguette.  

And....that stew STILL looks like a hot brothy mess.  

If it ain't clinging to the side of the cup, it ain't worth eating.  Stew should stick to your ribs.  That stew would slide on through and out....just like in the clip.  

BEEF STEW!

BEEF STEW!

BEEF STEW!

I hope it's not too cold for you to sleep with some windows open in your trailer that night.

TCD

haha no worries!  We're doing 'O'ha'na our first night there so if we can survive that BEEF STEW won't be bad at all.

On a serious note, the forecast isn't showing any cold weather while we're there which stinks I like it kind of cool to get me in the Christmas spirit.

WBI

haha no worries!  We're doing 'O'ha'na our first night there so if we can survive that BEEF STEW won't be bad at all.

On a serious note, the forecast isn't showing any cold weather while we're there which stinks I like it kind of cool to get me in the Christmas spirit.

WBI

LOL.

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is next week already, and no cold weather is predicted.

But, as long as we don't get the rains y'all were treated to last year, you're going to be better off.

Have a great trip, and good luck with the 'O'Hana' and Beef Stew!

TCD

LOL.

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is next week already, and no cold weather is predicted.

But, as long as we don't get the rains y'all were treated to last year, you're going to be better off.

Have a great trip, and good luck with the 'O'Hana' and Beef Stew!

TCD

Exactly!  As long as we don't get rain like last year I will be super happy.

Thanks!  I assume you won't be there this year with the twins away?  That must be the first time in years.

WBI

Exactly!  As long as we don't get rain like last year I will be super happy.

Thanks!  I assume you won't be there this year with the twins away?  That must be the first time in years.

WBI

I don't want to talk about it.

Not only will we not be at the Fort, but for the first time ever, the TCD gang will not be together for Thanksgiving.

We toyed with the idea of heading out to California, but we've been out there twice since they started their program, and they won't have any time off.

My oldest daughter will be home, and we will enjoy Thanksgiving with her.

Time permitting, we may pop over to WDW for the day on Friday.

I'm still trying to line up some tickets for the UF/FSU game on Saturday in Gainesville.

So, it's still good to be TCD.

When I was last in California, we all agreed that we have some lost time to make up at WDW!

And we will!

Next year!

TCD