Catching a boat for an early morning meal at the Magic Kingdom?

Hey, all, we're headed back for our third stay at the cabins in April - this site has always been so helpful, but I couldn't find an answer to my question with a search (my search skills are not the best, though).

There is an available reservation for breakfast at Cinderella's castle at 8:35 on one of our days there.  The park opens at 9 that morning.  I thought the boats from the Fort start running a half hour before the park opens, so that would obviously not be enough time to get to the Magic Kingdom by 8:35 - heck, Disney recommends 15 minutes just to get from the entrance up Main Street to the castle.  How would we get there?  My husband is not going with us (mom, aunt and daughter) and we'll have a car at the cabin - could he drive us to TTC?  But I thought the ferries don't even start going until a half hour before park open?  Maybe drive us to a monorail resort? Drop us off at Poly and we can walk from there?  Or do the buses from Fort Wilderness run earlier than the boats?

Thanks for any strategies you might have...

Welcome!

To get to the MK early via boat, you can take the resort boat to the Contemporary, and either take the monorail or walk from there.  If you're able, you want to walk, as the monorail has to make stops at the TTC, Polynesian and Grand Floridian on its way to the MK.

Boat times:

Image2769.jpg

Image2770.jpg

The route you will walk from the Contemporary dock to the MK is shown on this aerial photo-it's 3/4 of a mile:

contemp%20dock%20to%20MK_zpsj51cjson.jpg

If you have car transportation available, you could cut that walk in half by having your husband drop you off at the entrance to the Contemporary Resort, and just cross the street and walk from there.  That would be much quicker and easier than him dropping you off at the TTC.

TCD

You can hop the boat to the contemporary and walk across to MK. That boat starts earlier.

What Jason said, or your driver can take you to the Contemporary, drop you off, and you can walk over or take the Monorail.

If you drive over and are going to walk, get dropped off right by the guard shack, the walkway is right next to it.

Or you can drive over to the MK and park, your Fort parking pass is good at the Parks

Hey, all, we're headed back for our third stay at the cabins in April - this site has always been so helpful, but I couldn't find an answer to my question with a search (my search skills are not the best, though).

There is an available reservation for breakfast at Cinderella's castle at 8:35 on one of our days there.  The park opens at 9 that morning.  I thought the boats from the Fort start running a half hour before the park opens, so that would obviously not be enough time to get to the Magic Kingdom by 8:35 - heck, Disney recommends 15 minutes just to get from the entrance up Main Street to the castle.  How would we get there?  My husband is not going with us (mom, aunt and daughter) and we'll have a car at the cabin - could he drive us to TTC?  But I thought the ferries don't even start going until a half hour before park open? - I guess we can catch the monorail from TTC. Drop us off at Poly and we can walk from there?  Or do the buses from Fort Wilderness run earlier than the boats?

Thanks for any strategies you might have...

There are no busses from the Fort to the MK, just to the other Parks.

There are no buses from the Fort to the MK, just to the other Parks.

I didn't know that, but it makes sense,with such nice boats available - we've only taken the Ft. Wilderness bus to DTD, and that was just because of construction.  We always have a car at the cabins and take advantage of free parking at Epcot, HS, Animal Kingdom...

I think we'll do the boat to Contemporary route, and let Grandpa and my husband sleep in.  I knew Fort fiends would have the best answer!

Just for curiosity's sake, what do fort folks do if they want to make it for "rope drop"?  (We've never tried before.)  Does the boat leaving a half hour before the park opens get you there in time, or is that cutting it too close?

Thanks again for all replies!

There are no buses from the Fort to the MK, just to the other Parks.

I didn't know that, but it makes sense,with such nice boats available - we've only taken the Ft. Wilderness bus to DTD, and that was just because of construction.  We always have a car at the cabins and take advantage of free parking at Epcot, HS, Animal Kingdom...

I think we'll do the boat to Contemporary route, and let Grandpa and my husband sleep in.  I knew Fort fiends would have the best answer!

Just for curiosity's sake, what do fort folks do if they want to make it for "rope drop"?  (We've never tried before.)  Does the boat leaving a half hour before the park opens get you there in time, or is that cutting it too close?

Thanks again for all replies!

Most who want to make rope drop use the same route to the Contemporary and walking over. The MK boat cuts it too close if you get on the very first one and its not late. 

If you cannot take the launches (wheelchair or scooter in your party) you'll have to use buses. Take the internal bus to the settlement, transfer to the Wilderness Lodge bus, transfer to the Magic Kingdom bus. If you tell your internal bus driver your plans, it is entirely possible he will divert and take you straight to WL without the extra transfer.

If you cannot take the launches (wheelchair or scooter in your party) you'll have to use buses. Take the internal bus to the settlement, transfer to the Wilderness Lodge bus, transfer to the Magic Kingdom bus. If you tell your internal bus driver your plans, it is entirely possible he will divert and take you straight to WL without the extra transfer.

The Yellow Internal Bus is actually the same bus that goes to Wilderness Lodge, so if you are on a loop that is in the Yellow Bus route, just stay on the bus and go straight to Wilderness Lodge.

You can ask the administrator to delete the thread, and also you can go in and edit the topic title and say something like duplicate see other post...

threads have been merged into one so that all replies are included

duplicate posts have been deleted

have a Snarky day!

• 2 months later...

Will bus to WL then bus to MK get you their in time for rope drop?

It could- if you are lucky with the timing.  It would help if you're on the Yellow bus route.  You need to get to the Settlement Bus Stop, than catch the Wilderness Lodge bus from there, and then catch the MK bus at the Lodge.  If you're on the Orange or Purple route, that means you're catching three different buses just to get to the MK.  If the stars align, that could be a quick trip.  If they don't, it could take you an hour and a half -or more.

TCD