Wow, that thread is appalling.  Nobody on it thinks of the ethics behind this.  They get their Magic Bands, and use them to get past parking?  I never knew you could use the Magic Bands for parking, other than access into resorts.  I'm assuming most never check in and keep their fast passes and reservations.

Wait.  It gets worse.

There are threads on that site and others where cheaters brag about cancelling their reservations after their MB's have been mailed to them.

They get to keep those FP+ reservations they made 60 days out and the MB's.  And Disney refunds their deposit. In the end, they get all of the benefits supposedly reserved for on-site guests, but pay nothing for them.

How stupid can Disney be?

TCD

They have to  check in or their "benefits" wouldn't work.

For it to work best they would want to drive through FW and get their windshield parking pass for the parks

They can check in online before they leave home and use their Magic Band for the parking privileges.  No need to even drive by the Fort.  

They can check in online before they leave home and use their Magic Band for the parking privileges.  No need to even drive by the Fort.  

You no longer need the printed parking pass?

We use my wife's ID when entering the parking lots, so I never needed to use either.  Never knew the magic band was accepted for parking.

Wait. It gets worse.

There are threads on that site and others where cheaters brag about cancelling their reservations after their MB's have been mailed to them.

They get to keep those FP+ reservations they made 60 days out and the MB's. And Disney refunds their deposit. In the end, they get all of the benefits supposedly reserved for on-site guests, but pay nothing for them.

TCD

Word is now when the ressie cancels so do the FPs.

You no longer need the printed parking pass?

We use my wife's ID when entering the parking lots, so I never needed to use either.  Never knew the magic band was accepted for parking.

I don't have any personal experience with parking at the theme parks since 2001.  Once i get to WDW, I try not to drive again until i leave.  But I am reading that people with MB's just get waved through.

But I am reading that people with MB's just get waved through.

I read those posts on your link, so it appears these folks got lucky.  It depends on the time of year and the time of day.  As a Passholder, to get free parking, I am supposed to show my Passholder card and a photo ID, and I have those handy for the parking attendant.  Some just glance at it, and wave me through.  Some take the two and study them.  And, I've had some actually scan the Passholder card to confirm that it's valid.

Also, later in the night, the parking attendants go home.  Several times last month, I popped in to DHS to see the Osborne Lights, and found the parking booths unmanned.  I imagine at a certain point in time, they do wave guests into the lot rather than have everyone stop and pay the parking fee.

I wouldn't plan on being just waved through because I'm wearing a MB.

TCD

We drove to a few parks over Christmas. Sometimes we just got waved through when they saw the MB. Sometimes they scanned the MB. The MK gate asked where we were going and we showed the FW pass. I assume they needed to know for a MK lot count.

The HS guy scanned the MB and then asked something or made a remark about being annual pass holders, which we are not, so we didn't know what he was talking about.

Wait.  It gets worse.

They get to keep those FP+ reservations they made 60 days out and the MB's.  And Disney refunds their deposit. In the end, they get all of the benefits supposedly reserved for on-site guests, but pay nothing for them.

TCD

My guess is, that if Disney ever wants to do anything about this, It's going to make it harder on the rest of us that try to do things right.

Just thinking about these people pulling this makes me sick.

The HS guy scanned the MB and then asked something or made a remark about being annual pass holders, which we are not, so we didn't know what he was talking about.

Good Grief.

What probably happened here is the guy's scanner stopped working, so he was just bluffing.  Other CM's can't be bothered to even do that, so they just wave everyone with a MB through.

When Twin #1 worked in Adventureland attractions last year, she was supposed to use one of those hand-held scanners to confirm that guests were resort guests during evening EMH's.  But, the scanner malfunctioned all the time, and could only be re-set by a manager, who didn't like being bothered about that.  So, the CM's pretended to scan MB's, or didn't even bother.

So, let's review-

They spent 2 Billion dollars to force this My Magic business on guests.  But, the technology doesn't work well in the field.  And cheaters know this.  How much parking revenue are they losing because of this?  Maybe not as much as you think, since they just jacked up the parking rates again.  They can't lose.

TCD

When Twin #1 worked in Adventureland attractions last year, she was supposed to use one of those hand-held scanners to confirm that guests were resort guests during evening EMH's.  But, the scanner malfunctioned all the time, and could only be re-set by a manager, who didn't like being bothered about that.  So, the CM's pretended to scan MB's, or didn't even bother.

When Sarah and i were at late EMH at Epcot last Spring, we went to the ride in Mexico.  My MB did not get the green light, but they let us ride anyway.  Afterwards, i realized that we rode it after EMH were over.  LOL

When Sarah and i were at late EMH at Epcot last Spring, we went to the ride in Mexico.  My MB did not get the green light, but they let us ride anyway.  Afterwards, i realized that we rode it after EMH were over.  LOL

That's a new one for me.  CM's are pretty vigilant about shutting down ride queues once the park is closed, whether a regular closing or an EMH closing.

TCD

That's a new one for me.  CM's are pretty vigilant about shutting down ride queues once the park is closed, whether a regular closing or an EMH closing.

TCD

I think they were all joking around and didn't realize it was one minute past closing.

Good Grief.

What probably happened here is the guy's scanner stopped working, so he was just bluffing.  Other CM's can't be bothered to even do that, so they just wave everyone with a MB through.

So, let's review-

They spent 2 Billion dollars to force this My Magic business on guests.  But, the technology doesn't work well in the field.  And cheaters know this.  How much parking revenue are they losing because of this?  Maybe not as much as you think, since they just jacked up the parking rates again.  They can't lose.

TCD

Here's a reverse instance where the magic wasn't there.

Couple of weekends ago we went to MK the day before our passes were open after the Christmas blackout.  We wanted to go to the ticket center to make sure my granddaughters pass was renewed, and to get her hard card.  My daughter gave us the paperwork from the online renewal and they let us thru after checking the paper and asking my granddaughter her name.

Next day my daughter drove over to the MK.  She didn't have the barcoded paper (we had it), but had the actual contract with her name/address on it printed out.  They wouldn't let her thru without paying the parking fee.  She had to get reimbursed for it when she got her hard card.  We drove thru about a 1/2 hour later, flashed my granddaughters hard card and got waved thru without a glance to the back or asked to see ID.

Disney is very consistent with their inconsistencies.

When Twin #1 worked in Adventureland attractions last year, she was supposed to use one of those hand-held scanners to confirm that guests were resort guests during evening EMH's. But, the scanner malfunctioned all the time, and could only be re-set by a manager, who didn't like being bothered about that. So, the CM's pretended to scan MB's, or didn't even bother.

So, let's review-

That happened when we rode it's a small world during pm magic hours. They were asking guests which resort they were staying at instead. The poor CM didn't know what to do.

That happened when we rode it's a small world during pm magic hours. They were asking guests which resort they were staying at instead. The poor CM didn't know what to do.

That happened to us one night in November.

Uh- it happens EVERY EMH night, I'm sure. And at every parking booth.  In fact, my guess is that it works less often than it doesn't work.

As I said earlier- they spent $2 BILLION dollars on this stuff, and it doesn't work.

But no worries, they jacked up the price of annual passes, and parking,  and TIW cards, and apparently they are in the process of tweaking "free" dining to give guests less but charge them more. And, people are falling over each other fighting to pay $60 for those dessert parties where they can try to eat $60 worth of cupcakes and Mickey bars. So, it's all good for Disney. 

TCD

Uh- it happens EVERY EMH night, I'm sure. And at every parking booth.  In fact, my guess is that it works less often than it doesn't work.

As I said earlier- they spent $2 BILLION dollars on this stuff, and it doesn't work.

But no worries, they jacked up the price of annual passes, and parking,  and TIW cards, and apparently they are in the process of tweaking "free" dining to give guests less but charge them more. And, people are falling over each other fighting to pay $60 for those dessert parties where they can try to eat $60 worth of cupcakes and Mickey bars. So, it's all good for Disney. 

TCD

That's like the cost of 3 things isn't it? :P

"But no worries, they jacked up the price of annual passes, and parking,  and TIW cards, and apparently they are in the process of tweaking "free" dining to give guests less but charge them more. And, people are falling over each other fighting to pay $60 for those dessert parties where they can try to eat $60 worth of cupcakes and Mickey bars. So, it's all good for Disney. 

TCD"

and as long as things are good for the bean counters the rest of us can "eat dirt" !!!!!!

I know a lot of people who have moved on to other things because they got tired of paying high prices. I guess new people come along. Our stays at the fort are few because I'm not paying those prices. I usually just get a room now and it's cheaper. But on the other hand it's packed so somebody is willing to part with $150 than I am.