• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO, the fort is totally worth it for my family.  HOWEVER, we can only do it once a year,  if we lived closer, and could do it more often I think the price would be a issue, as someone said earlier, I have a large family and the "camping" route, is alot cheaper than flying us all somewhere and staying in a hotel.  As I learned last year, my first trip, the fort is an experience in itself when you have smaller children, I can understand that for adults only and older kids there might not seem like there is alot to offer in its self but my kiddos loved the placed!  The gas prices are killing me to, I have a Nissan Armada and get about 14 mpg....  it's enough to make me cry!!

I get 10 mpg in my van and around 5 in the MH.  Yesterday was the first time I've ever put $100 in a gas tank.  We need someone in office who will take a strong stand to recover the oil resources we have in this country until some real renewable fuel source or alternative mode of propulsion is developed.  Whether it be to drive to work or to WDW, there is only so much oil underground.  What will future generations do?  I may be talking 5-10 generations, but it WILL run out sometime.

I don't like the higher prices any more than anyone else, but it reminds me of the embargo in the early 90's.  We all survived and so did the RV industry.

The good ole, USofA has more oil in Colorado, Wyoming and the Dakotas than Saudi Arabia, we just need a President who has some, male genetilia, and will allow us to drill..  As soon as the ban is lifted the price of a barrel will drop by a minimum of $50.

Gas for my trip to FW used to be about 1/5 of my vacation budget.  It now is 1/3.  It's coming down to how I want to spend my vacation dollars.  It's ridiculous that 1/3 of the money I spend on a vacation will be left at gas stations on 95.