Guest Leaves Test Track ride during the ride??!!!

That's crazypants!!  Seriously, who the heck does that?  And how aren't there systems in place to alert someone before the car comes back minus a person? You'd have thought at least the emergency door would have tripped something.

Yeesh!

That said, if I'm going to exit a ride vehicle and wander around, it's going to be in the Haunted Mansion.  ;)

20 hours ago, Specularius said:

Test Track

Wow!

My favorite quote from the article:

"....Sometimes when people go on vacation they forget to pack their manners. Unfortunately this can make for a difficult vacation for the people around them. I think Walt Disney World should institute a time out policy for these rude behaviors—Stitch’s Great Escape would be the perfect spot. Make them spend some time in there..."

:lol:

12 hours ago, FEARtheEERS said:

I always assumed there were lots of behind the scenes monitors that woul immediately detect something like that.  Sort of scary.

Some of you may not have heard of the guys who wanted to document the Horizons Ride before it was torn down. They started by sneaking in a big bulky video camera to record as they rode in the ride-vehicle, then they slowly figured out that if they were careful not to be seen by any other riders, they could jump out and hide inside the scenes while filming and taking still pictures, then jumping back in to another empty ride-car when they were ready to leave, and just exit the ride like nothing ever happened! 

Their blog detailing their adventures is here:  http://mesaverdetimes.blogspot.com/

This is on the home-page:

"....About Us

We're Hoot and Chief. We love Horizons and did our best to document it before it was destroyed. We left our ride vehicles repeatedly and even spent hours crawling around in the guts of the attraction. These are the fruits of our labor for you to enjoy!

!!!IF YOU'RE NEW TO THIS BLOG!!!

The best way to experience it is to start from the first post and read on. You'll find that there's a story here. Try not to stay up too late..."

2 hours ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

Some of you may not have heard of the guys who wanted to document the Horizons Ride before it was torn down. They started by sneaking in a big bulky video camera to record as they rode in the ride-vehicle, then they slowly figured out that if they were careful not to be seen by any other riders, they could jump out and hide inside the scenes while filming and taking still pictures, then jumping back in to another empty ride-car when they were ready to leave, and just exit the ride like nothing ever happened! 

Their blog detailing their adventures is here:  http://mesaverdetimes.blogspot.com/

"....About Us

We're Hoot and Chief. We love Horizons and did our best to document it before it was destroyed. We left our ride vehicles repeatedly and even spent hours crawling around in the guts of the attraction. These are the fruits of our labor for you to enjoy!

The best way to experience it is to start from the first post and read on. You'll find that there's a story here. Try not to stay up too late..."

I spent a lot of time browsing that website. Pretty cool!

On 3/11/2016 at 3:06 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I spent a lot of time browsing that website. Pretty cool!

Same here, a couple of years ago I killed a lot of free time by starting at the beginning of their blog entries.

For fans of Horizon, it's really interesting to see what they recorded and what they were able to see behind the scenes.

On 3/11/2016 at 11:59 AM, Avatab.... Steve said:

... time out policy for these rude behaviors—Stitch’s Great Escape would be the perfect spot. Make them spend some time in there..."

:lol:

That is the PERFECT use for SGE!  I only do that attraction once a decade - and still under protest.

On 3/10/2016 at 0:13 PM, Avatab.... Steve said:

"....About Us

How have I never seen this blog?  Oh man.  I know what I'll be doing for the rest of my evening!  

On 3/16/2016 at 8:32 PM, pezheadval said:

How have I never seen this blog?  Oh man.  I know what I'll be doing for the rest of my evening!  

It is addictive isn't it?  I think I've read through it twice the last couple of years.

I really wish that Epcot still had that vision of the future they used to have.