10 years at the Fort for YC and family

1 hour ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

We've mowed once already. We do that to get up the last of the leaves, and that cuts the top of the weeds off. We then do the first big weed and feed spray for the year.

I have mowed mine at least 3 or 4 times this year and it needs it again now. The mower never get put away all year

On March 17, 2016 at 11:26 PM, YENSIDCAMPER said:

It is amazing to me how similar our kitchens are to each other.  Our backsplashes are even in a diamond pattern.   Different colors but wow.  I guess people who like Disney, camping, and The Fort can have many other things in common as well. 

We were told not to put it in the washer either, but since we hate doing dishes too, we risked it.  Obviously didn't work out well for us.

Thanks for sharing.  I really enjoy getting to know other members better.

I didn't choose that backsplash.....it came with the house....but I do like it!  Other parts of my kitchen, not so much....the joys of buying an older house.  But the whole 2 sons, Fort trips beginning in 2006 is an exact match!  Somewhere I have prints of my boys on our very first trip to the fort in 2006.....but alas, no time to dig or scan right now.....that was pre-digital for me, I really resisted converting as I loved my old camera!  Some time I'll try to put them all together, from our first tent trip there, to the many visits when we lived in FL with our pop up and TT,  to our last visit when we borrowed my mother's class C and stayed a few nights at Christmas 2013 during a trip down from PA.  

I know what you mean about the packing, too......spring Fort trips are tricky, because it's not just shorts and T's, you need other layers and rain gear, the weather is so all over the place!  Other months, all you need are a few changes of shorts, t-shirts and swim suits!  Done.

What parks do you plan to hit?

Sorry I haven't responded to the last comments, but I will later today.  

24 hours and we are on our way.  I chose this mug because I feel like Mickey looks on this mug, IN A RUSH! All this time waiting and now the end feels like I don't have anytime.

I hope you all have a great job, enjoy your coffee.  I hope to respond later today and sometime late on Saturday when we are settled in.

DSCN0458.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 7:02 AM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

We've mowed once already. We do that to get up the last of the leaves, and that cuts the top of the weeds off. We then do the first big weed and feed spray for the year.

We mowed 3 times already, first was before the Christmas yard decorations went up, then in February and again last weekend.

Still raking up oak leaves, they fall until late spring and are a pain to get out of the gardens.

We have had a blizzard of pollen the last couple of weeks.  Could write your names on the car hoods.

It rained hard Saturday morning before we got back from Disney and with the humidity all the trees really bloomed... leaving little dropped bud casings all over the driveway, paths, and of course all over the kitchen and dining room floors.  But everything is really green.

7 minutes ago, Travisma said:

We mowed 3 times already, first was before the Christmas yard decorations went up, then in February and again last weekend.

Still raking up oak leaves, they fall until late spring and are a pain to get out of the gardens.

We have had a blizzard of pollen the last couple of weeks.  Could write your names on the car hoods.

It rained hard Saturday morning before we got back from Disney and with the humidity all the trees really bloomed... leaving little dropped bud casings all over the driveway, paths, and of course all over the kitchen and dining room floors.  But everything is really green.

I didn't realize that FL got the "pollen blizzard" as well.  Yuck.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:31 AM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I didn't realize that FL got the "pollen blizzard" as well.  Yuck.

Yep, sometimes starts in January. :huh:  I figure every month here has someone sniffing or sneezing with allergies.

Good rain today, knocked a lot of the oak 'flowers' (?) off the trees.  It's like walking on a carpet under some of the oaks.