So lets say someone had a golf cart that has been converted to a LSV (low speed vehicle) which means in addition to all the safety equipment it now also has a tag. Still looks exactly like a golf cart. Do you think there would be any issue using it in the Fort if the tag is removed?

Providing it is operated at less the 20 mph of course.

Do you think they would notice the tag bracket or would it need to come off too?

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, fotofx....Steve said:

I was concerned because the golf cart rules say licensed vehicles can not park in golf cart parking areas.

We' be had no problem with ours.  The rules also say no GEM cars, ignored, No Gators or ATVs, ignored, no motorcycles, ignored. Just keep your cars tires off the grass.   Lol

Enjoy your trip.

My friend has a citEcar golf cart and he had it at the Fort for a week last month, with no problems.  His cart is licensed in OCNJ and he left the plate on while it was at the Fort. Of course, Your Mileage May Vary.  :P

Saw a guy once there with what looked like a Smart Car but was a electric type cart but legal with a license plate on it, he did take it off and just put a Fort Wilderness vanity plate you can purchase in the store, he said he has never had a problem.

41 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Saw a guy once there with what looked like a Smart Car but was a electric type cart but legal with a license plate on it, he did take it off and just put a Fort Wilderness vanity plate you can purchase in the store, he said he has never had a problem.

Its funny I was thinking about that when I saw this post and didnt have chance to write this. Thanks for handling it for me. 

Security told me last night as long as it has a plate on it, it is legal to drive on fort roads. That's how the GEMs ans LSV get around. Why yell at them for parking where golf carts park?  They are not bothering anyone there. I would be half tempted to bring my side X side next time, but good guys always finish last and my luck I would be asked to park it the first 5 minutes.  Besides, the beach would tempt me too had to go and rip it up...lol

4 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

Security told me last night as long as it has a plate on it, it is legal to drive on fort roads. That's how the GEMs ans LSV get around. Why yell at them for parking where golf carts park?  They are not bothering anyone there. I would be half tempted to bring my side X side next time, but good guys always finish last and my luck I would be asked to park it the first 5 minutes.  Besides, the beach would tempt me too had to go and rip it up...lol

But you can drive a golf cart on Fort roads with no plates. So why does it need a plate on it?

It is legal to drive on Fort roads with a plate but not in the golf cart areas or golf cart parking. Not really a problem up front because you can park in the regular lot but at the meadows or settlement there really is no place to park except in the cart area.

But, does anyone remember what the speed limit is on Vista Blvd in front of the Fort? If it is 35 or less then you could actually drive the cart over to the lodge or Magic Kingdom. Although I am not sure I would want to leave it out in the MK regular lot all day.

Edit: Never mind, I just did a Google street view on it and it is a 45 mph street.