Meacham's RV Rental has been a long-time sponsor of Fort Fiends and is now one of Disney's 3 preferred vendors for camper rentals at Fort Wilderness.

From their FB page...

Page Liked · 2 hrs

ITs OFFICIAL ! ??? ???
We are very pleased to announce that we are one of three camper rental vendors that have been chosen to officially represent RV rentals for Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. We are very honored to be chosen and will continue to bring the highest quality that you have come to expect with Disney!

We constantly strive to bring you the very newest and best of camper rental travel trailers as well as the best customer service!!
Come on down to Florida, enjoy the sunshine, Walt Disney World, and all Florida has to offer!!

From the page on the Disney website...

RV Rentals

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/services-amenities/

I've only heard of two of these companies. As far as I see nothing has changed. I still call the same number and get a site about 1030 usually. One of the reasons I heard they were doing the meeting was because some of the companies weren't getting campers out until afternoon. I don't have this issue with one camper but those with many have to haul them to overflow then grave another one this causing them to be late getting out. The one thing about these people being called approved vendors is people think other companies aren't allowed to deliver which isn't true. These approved vendors get mentioned by Disney and that's about it. 

20 minutes ago, stacktester said:

I've only heard of two of these companies. As far as I see nothing has changed. I still call the same number and get a site about 1030 usually. One of the reasons I heard they were doing the meeting was because some of the companies weren't getting campers out until afternoon. I don't have this issue with one camper but those with many have to haul them to overflow then grave another one this causing them to be late getting out. The one thing about these people being called approved vendors is people think other companies aren't allowed to deliver which isn't true. These approved vendors get mentioned by Disney and that's about it. 

I think there is a difference in how they deliver and it would be good to get clarification. My interpretation is the approved vendors can deliver to the site before the guest arrives where the non-approved folks have to wait for the guest to arrive and check in. To me, " Best of all, you can even have an RV delivered right to Walt Disney World Resort—meaning you can get your “outdoor” adventure started the second you arrive, without dealing with any additional hassles! " implies you check in and go straight to a setup site. In my mind that would be a significant business advantage for the preferred providers.

3 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

From what rumors I've heard, these companies were the ones that ponied up the cash for this honor, and yes they may get better treatment when requesting site numbers for their guests.

Not to mention I don't think you can get any better paid advertising than on Disney's site.

when we needed to rent a wheelchair I only priced out the Disney approved vendors because it was easier to use them (they were able to drop the wheel chair off at bell services and I was able to do the same when we left). Non Disney vendors you have to meet in person and we didn't want to waste time doing that. 

5 hours ago, keith_h said:

. My interpretation is the approved vendors can deliver to the site before the guest arrives where the non-approved folks have to wait for the guest to arrive and check in. To me, " Best of all, you can even have an RV delivered right to Walt Disney World Resort—meaning you can get your “outdoor” adventure started the second you arrive, without dealing with any additional hassles! " implies you check in and go straight to a setup site. In my mind that would be a significant business advantage for the preferred providers.

That's how I'm understanding it too

7 hours ago, keith_h said:

I think there is a difference in how they deliver and it would be good to get clarification. My interpretation is the approved vendors can deliver to the site before the guest arrives where the non-approved folks have to wait for the guest to arrive and check in. To me, " Best of all, you can even have an RV delivered right to Walt Disney World Resort—meaning you can get your “outdoor” adventure started the second you arrive, without dealing with any additional hassles! " implies you check in and go straight to a setup site. In my mind that would be a significant business advantage for the preferred providers.

The below is from Meacham's RV site (underlining mine)

• You contact Disney and reserve a campsite. If you have trouble obtaining a site, please contact us for tips!
    • Make sure the site is appropriate for the Travel Trailer you want to reserve.  By the way, our hybrids fit nicely in the popup 1500 & 2000 loops.
    • On the day of check in, we will be waiting in the parking lot.  You will call us on our cell phone and give us your site number. We then meet you at the site and set up the camper.
    • We completely set up your rental camper with no work on your part! This includes the electric, water, sewer, outdoor mat with 4 camping chairs, awning with lights, scan for TV channels and more!
  • Our package price includes full service delivery, setup and removal along with instructions as to operating and using the camper. It takes us roughly 30 minutes to set up and 15 minutes to review everything with you.

Reading this, it says Meacham's will give you tips on getting a site but doesn't say they will or can get you a site.

Meacham's will wait for you in overflow for you to give them the site number.  Is that a change?  I like the fact they go over the camper with you.

I haven't checked what the other sites say.

51 minutes ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

• Make sure the site is appropriate for the Travel Trailer you want to reserve.  By the way, our hybrids fit nicely in the popup 1500 & 2000 loops.

So, are hybrids officially allowed in the 15,20 loops now? I thought they still had to have full hookup site?

1 hour ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

On the day of check in, we will be waiting in the parking lot.  You will call us on our cell phone and give us your site number. We then meet you at the site and set up the camper.

I guess I don't see what the advantage of using a preferred provider is for me as a customer if I still have to meet the them in the parking lot and wait while they setup. 

14 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

It may be that Meecham's prefers to go over things before handing the camper over. 

That might be it. I looked up the Moore site and this is what they have:

1) Add us to your reservation and we will do everything. This is the preferred method of check in and can sometimes work out in your favor because we know the resort inside and out which means we know what sites are the best in each loop and because we are regulars we sometimes get free upgrades. Upgrades do happen sometimes however, understand that upgrades are not guaranteed.

---- or ---- 

2) Check In then text or call us with the site number and we swoop into action. Many times we are already in the parking lot or just a few minutes out. 

When this change first happened, vendors were told they were no longer going to be able to get site assignments before the guests checked in, regardless of whether they became preferred vendors or not.  I'm not sure if anything has changed since.

That said, now that guests doing online check in are sometimes being texted site numbers before they get there, they can at least give the rental companies a bit of a head start.  Still makes it tough to schedule setups if you have multiple rentals going in/out on the same day.  I think that's one thing that hurt the smaller companies quite a bit.

2 hours ago, arthuruscg said:

So, are hybrids officially allowed in the 15,20 loops now? I thought they still had to have full hookup site?

Disney's official page says for the partial sites, tents, pop ups and van/truck campers are allowed.  But we know how well Disney follows their own rules.  I've seen plenty of hybrids and a few small TT in those loops. I've seen plenty of posts on various different Fort sites saying how they book a partial site then show up with a "non-approved" camper and the CMs don't say a word.  Just like they now have pets in every loop including partials.

That might be it. I looked up the Moore site and this is what they have:

1) and because we are regulars we sometimes get free upgrades. Upgrades do happen sometimes however, understand that upgrades are not guaranteed.

This part about the upgrades really bothers me. 1. If they are really getting these free upgrades shame on Disney. Just because the company regularly is there checking into the Fort that's not a good reason to give them upgrades. Why not give upgrades to the people who are actually camping at the Fort more? 2. If this is just an advertising scheme I don't agree with it either.

Now we were upgraded from a preferred to premium once because they would be doing electrical work in 300 during our stay and were planning on the electric being off an entire day. Since we were traveling with a dog they upgraded us to the 500 loop. Now we mostly book premium sites so I don't know if they are in the habit of upgrading a lot or not so my rant may have been pointless. Haha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

This part about the upgrades really bothers me. 1. If they are really getting these free upgrades shame on Disney. Just because the company regularly is there checking into the Fort that's not a good reason to give them upgrades. Why not give upgrades to the people who are actually camping at the Fort more? 2. If this is just an advertising scheme I don't agree with it either.

Now we were upgraded from a preferred to premium once because they would be doing electrical work in 300 during our stay and were planning on the electric being off an entire day. Since we were traveling with a dog they upgraded us to the 500 loop. Now we mostly book premium sites so I don't know if they are in the habit of upgrading a lot or not so my rant may have been pointless. Haha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

First time a couple of years ago when we started back to real camping (previously cabins) we got bumped up to a full site instead of partial.  It was only for 2 nights.  We have never gotten an upgrade since then.  probably depends on how full the Fort is.

On 4/6/2016 at 6:53 AM, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

The below is from Meacham's RV site (underlining mine)

•  
    • We completely set up your rental camper with no work on your part! This includes the electric, water, sewer, outdoor mat with 4 camping chairs, awning with lights, scan for TV channels and more!
  •  

Sounds like they do a nice setup with chairs, a mat, and awning lights.  B)

The rentals I have seen in the past at the Fort didn't have awnings or mats, or at least didn't seem to have them out. I always assumed that was because the rental company didn't want the extra hassle of teaching a customer to roll it up in a storm.

They even program the TV, very nice!

13 minutes ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

Sounds like they do a nice setup with chairs, a mat, and awning lights.  B)

The rentals I have seen in the past at the Fort didn't have awnings or mats, or at least didn't seem to have them out. I always assumed that was because the rental company didn't want the extra hassle of teaching a customer to roll it up in a storm.

They even program the TV, very nice!

I've had personal experiences with 4 different rental companies (either renting myself or family renting) and they all did the full setup including chairs, awning, setting up the TV, etc.  But as more people have jumped into the rental game, you probably should do your homework and find out exactly what you're getting. My guess is that the companies that have been around for a while have this all down pat at this point.

Like Mo said a lot of people have jumped in the game. I stepped things up a notch recently by adding the nice camping world big chairs and a sleepmaster mattress that costs $500. I've always provided mat, awning lights, linens and a bunch of nice stuff. The latest I heard is you have to get added to a rez and the customer do online check in. It's definitely changed a lot recently. Not sure if they're trying to limit the amount of vendors or what. I personally am only taking 6 or more day customers so I'm not doing as much.