Fort Campsite Discount - 20% 8/26 - 10/1

3 hours ago, Helmsey......Todd said:

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else, I didn't see it and wanted to share:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/vacation-room/

fort.JPG

Thanks!  I'm waiting for Jason to get back with me.... this would hit our Sept trip!!

2 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Just got off the phone with our TA.  Most of our next visit will be covered.

Hey Gwen. Did you get an updated confirmation page reflecting this. This promo is a PIA. Its showing as excluded on the travel agent site. Wont book as a new reservation on the consumer side. and on the phone I was told it is not part of the sale despite it showing it. After an hour arguing earlier today I had to leave for my day job and sent off a couple of emails. About to pick up the fight again. 

Jason, I just talked to my TA.  She was able to get the discount for our first two weeks only and will work on the remainder tomorrow.  I was on a three-way conversation with her and Disney, and the Disney rep said the code isn't being accepted for the remainder of our trip.

14 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Jason, I just talked to my TA.  She was able to get the discount for our first two weeks only and will work on the remainder tomorrow.  I was on a three-way conversation with her and Disney, and the Disney rep said the code isn't being accepted for the remainder of our trip.

Thanks Gwen. I am still on hold waiting to get through. 75 minutes down 15 or so more to go. 

Can the same person hold two reservations at the same time? I really want to take advantage of this offer and I really want to camp (tent), but I'm not sure that camping is going to work for us and if not I'd like to have a backup reservation at a resort. I'd know more than 5 days out which we would do.  Probably not, but I thought I'd ask the experts. 

19 minutes ago, Seals said:

Can the same person hold two reservations at the same time? I really want to take advantage of this offer and I really want to camp (tent), but I'm not sure that camping is going to work for us and if not I'd like to have a backup reservation at a resort. I'd know more than 5 days out which we would do.  Probably not, but I thought I'd ask the experts. 

Having your name on two reservations at the same time can be more problematic for charging and it glitches and can cancel in the system. With that said the primary issue seems to be with the lead guest. If you put one under your name and one under another adults name you should be ok. And i you only put one person on the second site it will limit the chances of issues. 

I have one family that does this as they stay in the cabin but they get a site for the camper as they travel with it and want it to stay hooked up to keep things ready for when they leave. 

As long as you cancel one of them before the 5 days you should be just fine. 

1 hour ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Having your name on two reservations at the same time can be more problematic for charging and it glitches and can cancel in the system. With that said the primary issue seems to be with the lead guest. If you put one under your name and one under another adults name you should be ok. And i you only put one person on the second site it will limit the chances of issues. 

I have one family that does this as they stay in the cabin but they get a site for the camper as they travel with it and want it to stay hooked up to keep things ready for when they leave. 

As long as you cancel one of them before the 5 days you should be just fine. 

Thanks, Jason! Would I put all the names on both reservations, just with a different lead guest name?   We aren't doing dining plan and have non-expire tickets already so I don't imagine it would mess anything else up. 

3 hours ago, Seals said:

Thanks, Jason! Would I put all the names on both reservations, just with a different lead guest name?   We aren't doing dining plan and have non-expire tickets already so I don't imagine it would mess anything else up. 

i have written an answer to this 5 times and changed my mind on what I was going to tell you. I am trying to come up with the best advice I can for the least potential problems. Let me work it through a bit more and answer when I get home from my day job. 

21 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

i have written an answer to this 5 times and changed my mind on what I was going to tell you. I am trying to come up with the best advice I can for the least potential problems. Let me work it through a bit more and answer when I get home from my day job. 

I really really appreciate the thought you put into my question. It sounds like it may be best not to risk it, though.  I actually went ahead and made the resort reservation as I'm less sure that camping would work out and I hated to lose the price for the resort that would work best for us with 5 people (All Star Movies family suite).  It seemed more probable that a campsite would be open later on if I decide to switch. Thank you again for being so helpful.