During our stay, not only did we see the rangers more often, but more often than that, we saw Disney security driving their vehicles through the loops, several times a day.

Could be a long term effort to improve things, but more likely what you observed was simply the annual reaction of Fort management to the invasion of Wild Womenz. After a week or two, once security become comfortable that the risk has subsided, the patrols will cease.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's all fine and dandy, but if I don't get a full days exciment at Typhone Lagone I'm likely to kick your bike riding kids off my site while whispering to my horses. And don't even think about let

Oh, they could take care of phantom campers. Just make a simple rule that the site must be "occupied" every night of your reservations. Unused sites will be forfeited (and rented to last-minute guests

Could be a long term effort to improve things, but more likely what you observed was simply the annual reaction of Fort management to the invasion of Wild Womenz. After a week or two, once security b

13 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Could be a long term effort to improve things, but more likely what you observed was simply the annual reaction of Fort management to the invasion of Wild Womenz. After a week or two, once security become comfortable that the risk has subsided, the patrols will cease.

How could I not consider that???? :blink:

13 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

:lol:

13 hours ago, djsamuel said:

Just got back today from the Fort.  There are some changes since our last stay in January, and much for the better.  The stay was MUCH more peaceful than in the past.  We were in the 200 loop, and got our requested site.  In addition, check in was great and very friendly.  We had to wait for the text message, but we received it promptly at 1PM and headed to our site.  When we opened our info packet, we were pleased to see the channel lineup card that others have posted about.  A nice change.  Also, there was a separate page the clearly spelled out the RULES, especially golf cart rules.  We never had that before either.  During our stay, not only did we see the rangers more often, but more often than that, we saw Disney security driving their vehicles through the loops, several times a day.  We saw NO golf carts being driven quickly, heard none of them beeping their horns.  Saw no underage drivers of the carts.  Also, the 200 loop is not a pet friendly loop.  We had no dogs in the loop until the weekend when it completely filled, and then just two that I know of and they were well trained and the owners courteous.  

All in all a very positive change in the atmosphere at the Fort.  I don't know if we've ever had such a quiet stay, and that was over Mother's Day weekend.  So, there may be hope!

Great update.  Hopefully the improvements stick.

I can't remember if I mentioned this or not, but when we arrived in April... we had requested our favorite loop, the 100 loop.  We even requested a specific site that we love and the management of The Fort was gracious and were going to grant us that site, until they realized that we had a pet.  Some of you might remember that we adopted a pup at the end of February (this, of course, was after we had made our reservations).  Now... in all our stays at the Fort in the 100 loop there has ALWAYS been a dog near us.  I know this, because Boo was terrified of dogs up until a year ago... so dogs being in the 100 loop was an "issue" for us (not terrible as the owners were always good, but just sites we had to try and stay away from).  So, when we went to check in last month and the CM asked if we had pets (which I honestly don't remember being asked that before but.. who knows, maybe they did) I couldn't lie.  I wasn't going to "offer" any information, but when asked... I had to say, "yes".  At that point, he explained that we could not stay in the 100 loop as it was not a pet loop.  He was VERY nice about it, still I was upset for the fact that (as explained) there had always been dogs in that loop.  We asked for a supervisor and she came out.  She too was VERY nice.  I explained my feelings and that we were not big fans of the 300 loop (sorry, I know that several of you like it... just not a good fit for us) and she was very gracious and agreed to my request:  Disney upgraded us to a Premium site at no extra charge.  As a family who has spent a ton of money at Disney and The Fort, we appreciated the service.  Long story short... this furry family member is costing us more money from here on out; we've reserved a Premium site for September :lol:

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Has anyone made reservations lately where the rules are posted before you try to book a site, letting you know about where pets are allowed and no TT in the partial loops?

If they are up front about this, then hopefully things will be a lot smoother from now on at the Fort itself.

Unfortunately from what we've seen in the past, it's probably easier for Fort management to get printed materials updated and in Guests hands at check-in than it is to get all the content on the website (and particularly the reservation system) updated accordingly.  And I'm guessing it's even harder because the reservation system is for all resorts and doesn't naturally accommodate the things particular to just the Fort.

As I've said before, Disney definitely needs some good gate keepers staying on top of their web content.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Has anyone made reservations lately where the rules are posted before you try to book a site, letting you know about where pets are allowed and no TT in the partial loops?

If they are up front about this, then hopefully things will be a lot smoother from now on at the Fort itself.

As i do nothing but make reservations I can honestly say that has not been presented on the TA side of things. 

1 minute ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Had there ever been anything officially published about pet loops? I don't remember seeing it. I know it's on this site, but does Disney even put it out there?

I haven't seen anything official published in recent years. My guess would be that since Disney reserves the right to put pets anywhere when they want/need to, it's easier for them if they don't put anything official out there.

If you dig in the FAQ section, there is a part about the partial loops are reserved for tents, pups, and van type campers.  Also there is another one stating that pets are not allowed in tents and pups.  Off hand, I cant remember if they state that there are specific loops for pets.

6 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I haven't seen anything official published in recent years. My guess would be that since Disney reserves the right to put pets anywhere when they want/need to, it's easier for them if they don't put anything official out there.

I get the impression it's something we know about because we read this site, but most people have no idea. And I'm sure you're right about the reason it's not published.