Fort kiddie pool closing??

I wouldn't doubt someone tripped over the "curbing" and fell in while not looking. Either that or people(adults) are using it as a wading pool and just sitting in it. It is in a weird place and if it's crowded someone may not notice it, especially when you are looking at your phone and walking at the same time. Yes, I'm being mean about that. At least the slide area will still be open.

Best Regards,

Norm

I think it's because it's a relic.

There was once a time where all of the resorts had Kiddie Pools like this one- I remember that they had them at the Polynesian, Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge.  Those all didn't survive the pool renovations at those resorts.

Times have changed, and splash playgrounds are the new thing.

Those Kiddie Pools must be maintenance nightmares.

TCD

53 minutes ago, Beckers said:

Oh the comments on chip and co FB post. Talk about entertaining. 

43 minutes ago, parrothead7368 aka Norm said:

Are these people for real??? How did so many of them make it this far in life without using their brains.

Thanks for recommending those comments. I think my favorite was:  "There have been reports of gators coming into the Disney pools at night. Disney has crews that find and remove them, but obviously they are erring on the side of caution after this."  

As if you couldn't see a gator BETTER in the kiddie pool than in a regular pool. Such logic...

2 hours ago, parrothead7368 aka Norm said:

Are these people for real??? How did so many of them make it this far in life without using their brains.

I've started to make it a point to try really hard not to read the comments on most things posted online as at best it leaves me scratching my head, and at worst it makes me stabby. :wacko:

I think it's because it's a relic.

There was once a time where all of the resorts had Kiddie Pools like this one- I remember that they had them at the Polynesian, Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge.  Those all didn't survive the pool renovations at those resorts.

Times have changed, and splash playgrounds are the new thing.

Those Kiddie Pools must be maintenance nightmares.

TCD

Wow thanks for making me feel old! I remember when almost all pools (public or hotel) had Kiddie Pools. Guess I never really thought about or noticed that they have mostly disappeared or been replaced with splash playground type things.

I think it's probably another one of those "safety" things. I don't know how there are people still alive to have kids, it seems like all of the toys or thing I used to play with will kill you now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a feeling it is just in the way.  When we were there these last few weeks no one was using it.  It just sat there taking up space.  Granted, it seems like more trouble to dig it out/fill it in.  Should have been done before the super busy summer season.