6 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I thought they still had it on the maps or on line?

Why do people keep asking what are the pet loops then if they don't have specific ones?

It's not online on the Disney site, nor on any maps that are distributed to the public.

People keep asking because of sites like this one.  There used to be clear designations by Disney, and if you look carefully, there are poop bags on the loops that WE consider to be pet loops, but there is no longer any such designation on anything that Disney currently publishes.  I believe that is intentional on Disney's part- and consistent with what we have all seen- they will put pets in any loop.

TCD

1 minute ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

It's not online on the Disney site, nor on any maps that are distributed to the public.

People keep asking because of sites like this one.  There used to be clear designations by Disney, and if you look carefully, there are poop bags on the loops that WE consider to be pet loops, but there is no longer any such designation on anything that Disney currently publishes.  I believe that is intentional on Disney's part- and consistent with what we have all seen- they will put pets in any loop.

TCD

So they make it as clear as mud intentionally!

I was just looking thru the booklet they give you at check-in... you know the one that everyone tosses up on the dash and never glances at their entire stay... and all it has about pets is they must be kept inside the owners recreational vehicle, on a handheld leash 6 foot or shorter, or in a portable kennel/cage.  They have a few other things listed including if the pet becomes a nuisance they will need to be boarded off site or the person must leave the resort.

Nothing about not being allowed in pop ups or tents.

Published or not, the pet friendly loops and non-pet loops still exist since the pet loops have the pick up bag dispensers and the other loops do not.  I did read some Disney info lately that mention pet friendly loops.  I can't recall where I saw it, but remember thinking that pet friendly sounds ambiguous enough to allow them to skirt the issue.

2 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Published or not, the pet friendly loops and non-pet loops still exist since the pet loops have the pick up bag dispensers and the other loops do not.  I did read some Disney info lately that mention pet friendly loops.  I can't recall where I saw it, but remember thinking that pet friendly sounds ambiguous enough to allow them to skirt the issue.

Maybe this is where you saw it

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/rooms-packages/camping-pet-friendly/

Rooms & Packages – Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How can I ensure a pet-friendly loop for my campsite at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort?

A. When booking your campsite, you may request a pet-friendly loop for an additional $5.00 per night.

If you make your reservations online, select the “Add” button in the “Room and Amenity Requests” section. You will then be able to request a pet-friendly loop.

Please note: Pets are not allowed in pop-up trailers or tents.

Just now, Travisma said:

Maybe this is where you saw it

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/rooms-packages/camping-pet-friendly/

Rooms & Packages – Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How can I ensure a pet-friendly loop for my campsite at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort?

A. When booking your campsite, you may request a pet-friendly loop for an additional $5.00 per night.

If you make your reservations online, select the “Add” button in the “Room and Amenity Requests” section. You will then be able to request a pet-friendly loop.

Please note: Pets are not allowed in pop-up trailers or tents.

Thanks!  Now I don't have to think about it. :lol:

I just found this on google, it's not under a site listing, just out there all by itself, so no idea where the info came from

Are dogs allowed at Disney's Fort Wilderness?
Yes. In fact, Fort Wilderness is the only pet friendly resort on Disney World property. Request a pet site when making reservations. Pets are allowed in Premium, Preferred and Full Hook-Up campsites in loops 1600 through 1900, 300, 700 and 800, but must be kept in those areas.

Dug a little further, this is an excerpt from an old All Ears post.
2 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

I agree with you, and I know that at one time, they used a color coded map at the front desk that clearly designated the pet loops. Here's a photo of it- see the little doggies?:

[IMG]

But, that was a long time ago- this was before there were premium loops, and that map, or anything like it, has never been released to the public and has never been published on the Disney site.  It would be a simple thing for them to do, so I can only conclude that not publishing it is intentional on Disney's part.

TCD

4 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I just found this on google, it's not under a site listing, just out there all by itself, so no idea where the info came from

Yes. In fact, Fort Wilderness is the only pet friendly resort on Disney World property. Request a pet site when making reservations. Pets are allowed in Premium, Preferred and Full Hook-Up campsites in loops 1600 through 1900, 300, 700 and 800, but must be kept in those areas.

Dug a little further, this is an excerpt from an old All Ears post.

10 minutes ago, Travisma said:

That list matches up with the map I posted, which is from 2008, before they created the premium loops.

There are poop bag dispensers on the 300-1000 and 1600-1900 loops, which indicates that all of those are pet-friendly loops.  But try to find a map or list saying that on an official Disney site.

TCD

4 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

It's plain and simple loop requests. We LOVE 900 loop. It is a pet loop. We don't have pets, never will. But I do like the location of 900 loop. Am I being rude to pet owners by requesting 900 loop? I dunno.

No I don't think that is rude at all. I was just wanting to show that sometimes someone with a pet being put in a "non pet " loop can't be helped. It is not necessarily those working at the Fort not caring.

One last post on the subject of pet loops.  I couldn't find this yesterday, but I just found it.

There was a post on this site back in 2012 with an updated map that came from a secret source:

http://www.fortfiends.net/topic/5384-fort-wilderness-site-classification-map/#comment-127520

FortWilderness-Map-SiteClassifications.jpg

Supposedly, this was a Castmember cheat-sheet, but it was never released to the public.

TCD

53 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

One last post on the subject of pet loops.  I couldn't find this yesterday, but I just found it.

There was a post on this site back in 2012 with an updated map that came from a secret source:

http://www.fortfiends.net/topic/5384-fort-wilderness-site-classification-map/#comment-127520

FortWilderness-Map-SiteClassifications.jpg

Supposedly, this was a Castmember cheat-sheet, but it was never released to the public.

TCD

Nice find. I like the color coding for the loops. It must be old, since that is not the route for the purple bus.

I think that map was where I got the idea that there were specific pet loops.

Also back to golf carts, the check in rule book states Cart drivers must be 16 and hold a valid drivers license and says refer to the cart and vehicle rules sheet.

That sheet also says 16 and valid license, and that a drivers license must be with the operator at all times.

Learners permits are not acceptable. 

Kids not allowed on drivers laps, and children may not assist in driving the cart at anytime.

This is an updated sheet, it says hoverboards and drones are not permitted (among other things).

The other side even has a silhouette of a hoverboard and drone in the unauthorized section.

1 hour ago, arthuruscg said:

Nice find. I like the color coding for the loops. It must be old, since that is not the route for the purple bus.

Yeah, if you read through the thread that I linked, there are several errors on the map.  The Orange route is wrong too- and it was wrong four years ago when that map surfaced.

The point is that  a map like this is easy enough to create-in fact, I'll bet the front desk CM's have access to something like it, but Disney chooses to not make it available to guests.

48 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I think that map was where I got the idea that there were specific pet loops.

Also back to golf carts, the check in rule book states Cart drivers must be 16 and hold a valid drivers license and says refer to the cart and vehicle rules sheet.

That sheet also says 16 and valid license, and that a drivers license must be with the operator at all times.

Learners permits are not acceptable. 

Kids not allowed on drivers laps, and children may not assist in driving the cart at anytime.

This is an updated sheet, it says hoverboards and drones are not permitted (among other things).

The other side even has a silhouette of a hoverboard and drone in the unauthorized section.

I'll bet it also says skateboards are prohibited.  But I have never not seen a skateboard in use on any of my Fort visits.

TCD

As far as golf carts go it seems that they need more Rangers or to at least keep the ones that try to enforce the rules. I have seen people get stopped for underage drivers, kids in laps, and such, but it seems like one day there's a ranger stopping everyone the next day not a ranger in sight.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk