9 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Wow, the price actually hasn't gone up that much. We bought that for my son's graduation back in 2004, and it was $149 back then I think. Most everything else has gone up exponentially since then.

what did he think about it? 

Would he do it again?  If he had to pay for it. 

41 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

what did he think about it? 

Would he do it again?  If he had to pay for it. 

I'll check with him, but I know he really enjoyed it. Supposedly, you will see the largest concentration of sea life in the living seas over any natural environment. As far as paying for it himself, they are young adults with student loans and a mortgage, so probably not at this point in their life, but at another point in his life he probably would.

A friend did the dive at EPCOT twice and enjoyed it, but he was just getting into diving, the 1st time we got him a discount either with the Disney Visa card at DVC I don't remember which

53 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Diving is not the issue...it's diving at night.  Dark water is eerie... 

Thank you though ^_^

I don't dive, but snorkeling at night was pretty cool. Till I lifted my head out of the water and heard one of our buddies screaming barracuda through his snorkel. 

Needless to say I spent the rest of the night on the boat drinking beer. Also know there are and had seen sharks in the area.

The things one thinks is a good idea to get fresh stone crab claws opening night..........

2 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Diving is not the issue...it's diving at night.  Dark water is eerie... 

Thank you though ^_^

We had neighbor when we lived in CA who dived off the Monterey Peninsula. He was part of the Sheriff's water rescue team said he would rather be in murky water or out at night than be lost in a kelp forest.

2 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

I don't dive, but snorkeling at night was pretty cool. Till I lifted my head out of the water and heard one of our buddies screaming barracuda through his snorkel. 

Needless to say I spent the rest of the night on the boat drinking beer. Also know there are and had seen sharks in the area.

The things one thinks is a good idea to get fresh stone crab claws opening night..........

7 minutes ago, keith_h said:

We had neighbor when we lived in CA who dived off the Monterey Peninsula. He was part of the Sheriff's water rescue team said he would rather be in murky water or out at night than be lost in a kelp forest.

I feel panicked, just reading those.... :huh:

2 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

. Till I lifted my head out of the water and heard one of our buddies screaming barracuda through his snorkel. 

Also know there are and had seen sharks in the area.

Barracuda, are the reason I don't wear my wedding ring when I'm diving. LOL 

I have well over 1000 Ocean dives. And with the exceptions of the dives when we were actually looking for sharks, there has probably only been 10 to 20 dives out of 1000 that we've run into sharks.  

And most of the times we went looking for sharks. It was at night. Or a lazy nurse shark resting on the bottom.