Supposedly some new rule enforcement coming

Below are the DVC rules on pool hopping.  Basically if I want to go to a pool & it's not packed & on a listed date, I'm in like Flynn.  But, I have to show my ID and if full I have to leave.  So why don't non-Fort guests have to at least show KTTW cards to use pool?  That way those that sneak in have to leave.  It would also allow campers, as resort guests, to go to other pools.  Inconsistency is astounding.  And most wouldn't have thought about pool hopping if these rules weren't in the check-in packets.  This serves as an encouragement to hop.

Pool Hopping Information

When staying on your Membership at Disney's Vero Beach Resort or any DVC Resort at the Walt Disney World Resort, you and any Guests staying with you are permitted to use most of the other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools (in addition to the pool at the resort hotel at which you are staying) if they are not at capacity. If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that resort hotel. Please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the resort you wish to visit before you go to find out about pool-access availability. You must present your current Key to the World card with your "DVC Member" designation on it to use the other resort hotel pools.

Pool hopping is not available at Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, and the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas. There are no exceptions to this policy. As a reminder, during times of high occupancy, please be mindful of the limited number of pool chairs available, and refrain from leaving towels or personal items on unoccupied pool chairs.

Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time due to capacity limitations. Due to the high occupancy that is expected, Disney Vacation Club Members and any Guests staying with them may not pool hop during the following dates*:

?February 20-26 (Sun ? Sat)

?April 16 ? April 30 (Sat ? Sat)

?May 27 ? 30 (Fri ? Mon)

?June 26 ? July 5 (Sun ? Tue)

?September 2 ? 5 (Fri ? Mon)

?November 21 ? 27 (Mon ? Sun)

?Dec 11, 2011 ? Jan 1, 2012 (Sun ? Sun)

*Other restricted dates may be added based on projected pool capacity

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested if someone knew the relative numbers of guests per pool for FW and some of the other resorts.

The capacity of the Fort (which is hard to pin down since you can have so many per site/cabin) versus the pool capacity.

My uneducated guess would be that the average guest at the Fort seems to have less access to a pool or hot tub than the average guest at the other resorts. That impression is why most of us were so disappointed when they went to all that time and trouble to dig up the pool, only to leave it the same size sans deep end?!?!      :banana:

:) :) :) :) :)

I'd be interested if someone knew the relative numbers of guests per pool for FW and some of the other resorts.

The capacity of the Fort (which is hard to pin down since you can have so many per site/cabin) versus the pool capacity.

My uneducated guess would be that the average guest at the Fort seems to have less access to a pool or hot tub than the average guest at the other resorts. That impression is why most of us were so disappointed when they went to all that time and trouble to dig up the pool, only to leave it the same size sans deep end?!?!      :)

:) :) :) :) :)

If I had to guess, the maximum occupancy of the Fort would be somewhere in the range of 10,500 if all sites had 10 people, all cabins had 6 people, and the group area had 500 people.  That's a LOT of people!!

All Star Resorts & Port Orleans can have that many guests, or more if they are filled to capacity.  Yet, they have much larger pools than the Fort (and better themeing).  I know when Meadow Pool was first built there were no cabins and you could swim in Bay Lake.  I really didn't understand the whole "pool remodeling" thing, either if they weren't going to double the size.  It's not as if they didn't have the room to do that! :banana:

I really didn't understand the whole "pool remodeling" thing, either if they weren't going to double the size.  It's not as if they didn't have the room to do that! :banana:

Now THAT would have made sense, instead of reusing the same footprint and the only changes being decreasing the depth and making it zero entry). 

I've seen pics of the pool in the summer.  It looks like the family pool on the Disney Wonder on an "at sea" day, when the only actual "swimming" going on is the bacteria between the wall-to-wall bodies.  (yuk)

Given that in general, I'd bet campers spend more time actually AT their resorts than other guests, it would have made a heck of a lot more sense to turn the pool area into something bigger and better.  Maybe not to the extreme like Stormalong bay (although that would have been awesome), but simply adding a slide using an old FWRR water tower is hardly "theming."

Seems a shame especially considering that the Fort was the home of the original Disney water park.  Talk about fodder for theming!  They could have done a mini-tribute to RC - wouldn't that have been awesome?!

Then again, think about the pool hopping nightmare THAT would have created.    :)

I really didn't understand the whole "pool remodeling" thing, either if they weren't going to double the size.  It's not as if they didn't have the room to do that! :)

Now THAT would have made sense, instead of reusing the same footprint and the only changes being decreasing the depth and making it zero entry). 

I've seen pics of the pool in the summer.  It looks like the family pool on the Disney Wonder on an "at sea" day, when the only actual "swimming" going on is the bacteria between the wall-to-wall bodies.  (yuk)

Given that in general, I'd bet campers spend more time actually AT their resorts than other guests, it would have made a heck of a lot more sense to turn the pool area into something bigger and better.  Maybe not to the extreme like Stormalong bay (although that would have been awesome), but simply adding a slide using an old FWRR water tower is hardly "theming."

Seems a shame especially considering that the Fort was the home of the original Disney water park.  Talk about fodder for theming!  They could have done a mini-tribute to RC - wouldn't that have been awesome?!

Then again, think about the pool hopping nightmare THAT would have created.    :)

I've mentioned before that CM's have told me that the whole thing was Liability-driven and that the needed maintenance was an opportunity to fill in the deep end. One CM said we were lucky they "threw in" the hot tub and better kiddie area.... :)

Of course I never verified any of that with a Bus Driver, so who knows if it's true.....  :)

:) ;) ;) ;) :D

It is my understanding that after midnight, it is "swimsuit optional" at the Meadows pool.

It is my understanding that after midnight, it is "swimsuit optional" at the Meadows pool.

Bus drivers are the most reliable source of information on all of WDW property and they confirm what FWG posted, but only if you're an adult under 30 years of age, between 5'3" & 5'8", weigh no more than 120lbs, and this is very important, are a female.

Bus drivers are the most reliable source of information on all of WDW property and they confirm what FWG posted, but only if you're an adult under 30 years of age, between 5'3" & 5'8", weigh no more than 120lbs, and this is very important, are a female.

Aw, crap Lou!!  You know I'm 31!!  Can't you bend the rules a little?

He's going to have to really bend the rules for me. i only meet the height requirement :)

Damn!  Those are some really tough rules!  Count me out, I am to old and too short.

Dammit!  I'm 31, 5'9" and weigh 122

:banana: :banana: :rofl2: :) :rofl2: :) :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

One of the true benefits of 'our' pool over the other resorts......the 24/7 operating schedule.  The others all close overnight.  At least we have something over 'them'!

According to the printed information that is given out and also the online info, the pool is supposed to operate 7am to 12 midnight.

Maybe they just don't enforce it?

He's going to have to really bend the rules for me. i only meet the height requirement :rofl2:

Holy cow!  You only meet Lou's height requirement??

And all this time I thought you were female.  Had no idea you were a dude into glitter.  :argh:

Not that there's anything wrong with that. 

He's going to have to really bend the rules for me. i only meet the height requirement :rofl2:

Holy cow!  You only meet Lou's height requirement??

And all this time I thought you were female.  Had no idea you were a dude into glitter.  :argh:

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Dave, It's great that you are such a tolerant person! I'm with you, I had no clue! :barf: :)) :rofl2: :argh: