Supposedly some new rule enforcement coming

I guess it just boils down to the all mighty dollar and Disney wanting as many of them as they can get ???

There are local campgrounds here that will not let you in the gate for no reason so whu can't FW take a lesson? It is a private resotr not a public park. And just like other places you have to buy a pass to get in the gate if you aren't camping there and you have a set time to be there before they come looking for you.

It is just sad that people pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars for the Fort alone then get pushed aside by freeloaders hogging up the place or just trying to run your kids down while looping and staring at all the pretty campers ???

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that there are at least 3 reasons for WDW not to enforce ID's at FW:

1. Of course the almighty dollar.  More people at the pool equals more money spent at the snack bar, vending machines, arcade, and Trading Post thus justifying their existence (and the managers increase in his yearly/monthly sales stats...)

2. The fear Disney has instilled in their CM's of "confronting" guests and causing a scene.

3. and Last but certainly not least, the seeming disdain WDW has for the "Campers".  Many rooms at the Pop-Century go for less than a site at FW, but who gets treated better usually?  If you tried to party loud (2000 loop...), race around recklessly in the halls/sidewalks, or take over facilities w/o staying there, how long do you think they'd let you do it?  But at FW, that and worse are tolerated and ignored.....

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Personally I think everyone should have to show resort id or confirmation of a reservations to even use Disney transportation.

They checked for resort ID when WDW was not what it is today. The bus fleet was probably a third the size it is now. Guests complain now about how long it takes to get somewhere, how much would checking IDs add to the process? I doubt that they'll ever bring it back.

Dang! Ya'll sure talk bad about me!  :argh:

All I'm trying to do is meet some Fiends, take a swim, watch a movie, and "sample" whats in the crock pots!  >:D Give a guy a break! Gezzz 

:banana: :rofl2:

I need to set up a crock pot with my award winning chile (for being the HOTTEST) 34433_118996858157635_100001419647492_136773_5351829_n.jpg, and wait for you to sample it.  IF you survive, my crock pot will probably remain safe from further sampling.  :rofl2:

I got a phone call today in reference to an e-mail I sent to Doug Lord and Jeff Martin. Unfortunately I was out at the time so a message was left telling me how my concerns were being addressed by the management team. She said they were aware of the pool problem and were trying to address it by posting security at the "back" gate, asking for ID and totally blocking off the entrance during holidays and allowing only resort guests entry. She went on to say that other things were being looked at if the problem continues.

This may have been a lot of blowing smoke but I am going to take it as something is being done and hope that it helps the situation before the next holiday. I wish I were here to be able to talk to her, she seemed enthusiastic, but I will take what I can get.

Personally I think everyone should have to show resort id or confirmation of a reservations to even use Disney transportation.

They checked for resort ID when WDW was not what it is today. The bus fleet was probably a third the size it is now. Guests complain now about how long it takes to get somewhere, how much would checking IDs add to the process? I doubt that they'll ever bring it back.

We use a touchless scan card at work to access the main gate why wouldn't that work?

All it would take is a card reader on the bus to waive your card by as you get on. No card no ride it wouldn't take even the stupidest of pepole to get the idea.

We use a touchless scan card at work to access the main gate why wouldn't that work?

All it would take is a card reader on the bus to waive your card by as you get on. No card no ride it wouldn't take even the stupidest of pepole to get the idea.

My best guess is people loosing their cards at the parks and need to return to their resort. I bet the percentage of people loosing cards is very much higher than "freeloaders". And Disney would never want to put the guest through more anguish telling them sorry you cant get on here you need to get a pass somewhere. I can see mom and dad with 5 or 6 tricycle motors standing in guest services line after being in the park all day getting bus passes.  :-\

I don't see any problems with non-resort guests riding buses. You need to remember that AP & SP holders have transportation included with their passes. 

The problem seems to be non-resort guests using the pool and pavilion at the Fort as their personal picnic area. In a way, this is encouraged by the Fort and I don't see it changing anytime soon.  Even though pool hopping is discouraged, the sing-a-long campfire program and movie is well advertised. All it would take would be a family staying at say, the All-Star Resorts, coming into the Fort to enjoy the movie and entertainment, walking around the pool area, seeing the facilities, and voila! "Let's have a picnic there this week."  There is nothing to say they can't (other than the pool hopping rule), and they can easily take a bus from the AS, transfer to a Fort bus at DTD, MK, EC, or HS, and be there in no time. There's also nothing stopping them from just driving to the guard station, showing their AS parking pass & KTTW card and gaining access.

I would be willing to bet that each resort has their share of non-guests using the pools, too. (Except Y&B Club)  Even with the limited time parking passes at the monorail resorts, I've never noticed anyone going around checking the parking passes and calling tow trucks when someone is over their time limit.

As far as the non-monorail resorts go, I've never been denied access to those, either. Now mind you, we only go to the other resorts to walk around and grab a snack or meal at the food courts and definitely NOT to swim, but it would be very easy to slip into the pool without fear of being thrown out. I've also biked to WL from the Fort and used their pool. No one said a word or asked if I was a WL guest. But then again, I don't do anything to draw attention to myself.

I would think if people are behaving themselves and not doing anything to draw attention to themselves, it would be hard for a CM to approach them to ask if they "belonged" at that resort. It would cause more hardship than anything else.

Please don't think I'm condoning the actions of the obvious "freeloaders" who seem to take over, I'm just saying that it would be very difficult for Fort CM's to regulate it without being confrontational.  In the scheme of things, there are probably no more than 20-30 people using the pool/pavilion area who really shouldn't be. When you see how big the Fort is and how many guests could be staying there on peak weekends and/or holidays, that is really a very small percentage.

Last summer when the day lot was closed to the public and all non-resort guests were forced to go through the guard, I called the front desk to ask if we would still be permitted to bring our bikes or golf cart and come in as a day visitor. I was told as long as I showed my ID to the guard there wouldn't be any problem. So far, there hasn't been. If they change their minds and it comes to an end, I'll be sad, but will be thankful for the time we have been able to do this.

I have mixed emotions about this because in the 37 years we have camped at the Fort, we have probably spent enough money to have a loop named in our honor. We've also had AP for about 20 years, and own Disney stock. I feel that gives me a sense of "entitlement". Maybe I'm wrong - but that's how I feel.  We don't break rules, do anything stupid or that would endanger other people, or would otherwise draw attention to ourselves. In other words, we behave. I can't say that about other campers I've encountered over the years. Thankfully, those have been far and few between, but there have been a few times I've called the front desk to complain about inconsiderate campers. I've never called because a family has commandeered a picnic pavilion. It's never been an issue for me because I'd never use one to begin with.

All it would take is a card reader on the bus to waive your card by as you get on.

WDW also uses the touchless cards, but the cost of putting a card reader on all the buses would be substantial. We're talking about 300 buses.

The main reason that it's not going to happen is because it's not a problem. The free loaders are locals for the most part, so they drive themselves. They have very little impact on WDW transportation.

Disney could stop the problem at the Fort in a matter of hours just by putting restrictions in place and enforcing them.

I would hate to see it get to the point that people like our Fiends could not day trip at the Fort. There are always going to be those people who abuse the privileges. I don't think this is true for the majority of people. When they change it where those people who come with 20 people to party at the pavillion with their rowdy children for the day, it would also keep people like Otter Spotter & Total Joker from being able to come have a relaxing day at the Fort. I want them to be able to come visit us!

If they change the rules to prevent them from coming, we will have to set up a network of Fiends to add them to their reservations! This way they can still come!

BTW Deb, we are gonna be there in a little over a week, come spend some time with us! I'll buy the beer!

Dang! Ya'll sure talk bad about me!  :argh:

All I'm trying to do is meet some Fiends, take a swim, watch a movie, and "sample" whats in the crock pots!  >:D Give a guy a break! Gezzz 

:wiz: :argh:

I need to set up a crock pot with my award winning chile (for being the HOTTEST) 34433_118996858157635_100001419647492_136773_5351829_n.jpg, and wait for you to sample it.  IF you survive, my crock pot will probably remain safe from further sampling.  :argh:

Are you sure that's Chile?

I wonder what would happen if a bunch of people all carrying towels, chairs and coolers got off the FW bus at the Wilderness Lodge and proceeded to set up shop at the WL pool?....

things that make you go hmmmm.......

:argh: :argh: >:D :popo: ???

oh oh oh oh, I know, I know (raising my hand and jumping up and down like my mannerless students sometimes do :wiz:)

They would be promptly told to leave. :argh:

I wonder what would happen if a bunch of people all carrying towels, chairs and coolers got off the FW bus at the Wilderness Lodge and proceeded to set up shop at the WL pool?....

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

oh oh oh oh, I know, I know (raising my hand and jumping up and down like my mannerless students sometimes do :rofl2:)

They would be promptly told to leave. :rofl2:

Exactly Right!  (Ok, you can stop jumping now.....  ;) )

Double Standard at work.  Does anyone here think that the "Shamrock Families" (who terrorized the 2000 loop and the rest of the Fort over MK weekend) would be allowed to pull their antics at any other resort?  And they were just PART of the problem that weekend.

Seems like WDW doesn't feel like the "Guest Experience" is as important for Campers as it is for "Real" Guests......

:argh: >:D >:( >:(>:(

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

oh oh oh oh, I know, I know (raising my hand and jumping up and down like my mannerless students sometimes do :heart:)

They would be promptly told to leave. :rofl2:

Exactly Right!  (Ok, you can stop jumping now.....  ;) )

Double Standard at work.  Does anyone here think that the "Shamrock Families" (who terrorized the 2000 loop and the rest of the Fort over MK weekend) would be allowed to pull their antics at any other resort?  And they were just PART of the problem that weekend.

Seems like WDW doesn't feel like the "Guest Experience" is as important for Campers as it is for "Real" Guests......

>:( >:(>:( >:(>:(

Oh....I wouldn't say that.  We spent a weekend at the CR back in 1997 and had some pretty rowdy partyer's in our wing.  No one did a thing to quiet them down....at 3:00AM!!!  :rofl2:

I would hate to see it get to the point that people like our Fiends could not day trip at the Fort. There are always going to be those people who abuse the privileges. I don't think this is true for the majority of people. When they change it where those people who come with 20 people to party at the pavillion with their rowdy children for the day, it would also keep people like Otter Spotter & Total Joker from being able to come have a relaxing day at the Fort. I want them to be able to come visit us!

If they change the rules to prevent them from coming, we will have to set up a network of Fiends to add them to their reservations! This way they can still come!

BTW Deb, we are gonna be there in a little over a week, come spend some time with us! I'll buy the beer!

I'm looking at your dates....5/5 to 5/10??  As much as I'd like to come over and see you guys, on 5/5 my DH is having his right knee replacement surgery.  With any luck he will be coming home on Saturday.  I don't think he'd take too kindly to me saying "I'm going to Disney World" and leaving him to fend for himself!  Now, that doesn't mean I'm not tempted....but the fallout would be too great for me to deal with!!  :heart:

I'm looking at your dates....5/5 to 5/10??  As much as I'd like to come over and see you guys, on 5/5 my DH is having his right knee replacement surgery.  With any luck he will be coming home on Saturday.  I don't think he'd take too kindly to me saying "I'm going to Disney World" and leaving him to fend for himself!  Now, that doesn't mean I'm not tempted....but the fallout would be too great for me to deal with!!  :-*

Bring him with you.  PureTCrazy & OldeKoot have had to deal with me and my father post surgery - he'll get pampered so much it will spoil him ... if Lola doesn't kiss him to death first.

I'm looking at your dates....5/5 to 5/10??  As much as I'd like to come over and see you guys, on 5/5 my DH is having his right knee replacement surgery.  With any luck he will be coming home on Saturday.  I don't think he'd take too kindly to me saying "I'm going to Disney World" and leaving him to fend for himself!  Now, that doesn't mean I'm not tempted....but the fallout would be too great for me to deal with!!  :rofl2:

I'll take the cane out of hiding then Sonny. Rick may need it.

I am all for people having a good time, but if somebody wakes up our boys in the middle of the night after a long day in the parks, somebody getting pitch into a ditch. Then after she does that it?ll take an hour to calm Kim down.    :argh:      :D

:grpwelcome:

I gotta remember....be nice to Kim.

:thtray:  you'll be alright Dave.  You're only in danger of being hugged in to unconsciousness.  :rofl2:

I'm looking at your dates....5/5 to 5/10??  As much as I'd like to come over and see you guys, on 5/5 my DH is having his right knee replacement surgery.  With any luck he will be coming home on Saturday.  I don't think he'd take too kindly to me saying "I'm going to Disney World" and leaving him to fend for himself!  Now, that doesn't mean I'm not tempted....but the fallout would be too great for me to deal with!!  8)

First off, good luck with the knee replacement surgery.  My husband had knee replacement on November 30, 2010.  He is doing great.  As far as the rules go, when we were at The Fort in 2009 there was a site that had 6 cars parked at it.

While there this year my son and the other boys tried pool hopping the were asked to show i.d. and were asked to leave all three

Lodge,Poly,GF, they were asked at CR but were allowed to stay for two hours .. I remember the days of on Monday were laying out at the Poly and on Tuesday were laying out at GF (my fave) ........................I remember all guests got I.D.'s but today they give enough for the reservation holders

Itch