Now if they say beer is healthier than OJ we are all set!

What a way to start the day!

Surprising Fact! Pizza Is Healthier Breakfast Option Than Cereals, Nutritionist Says

Contrary to what many people think, pizza can be a healthy breakfast too. Nutrition experts reveal that it is actually a good meal to start the day.

Pizza for breakfast is a good idea. A nutritionist suggests that it is actually the better choice instead of preparing cereals in the morning.

The new finding quashed the notion that eating pizza is bad. It has always been believed that the famous Italian dish is not beneficial for health because it is greasy. But, is eating pizza for breakfast really unhealthy?

The report that was published on the Daily Meal states that a slice of pizza can provide the needed carbs and protein. Additionally, there are vitamins and minerals since there are vegetable toppings too. With these nutrients, then it is obviously the better choice for breakfast compared to most cereals.

Why Cereals are Not the Best Morning Meal

Speaking to the Daily Meal, Chelsey Amer, a nutritionist, said that many cereals these days do not contain protein. They also lack the healthy fats that will supply the energy needed by the body for the day’s work ahead.

What’s more, dieticians consider the cereals today as mere spoonfuls of sugar that can make one feel hungry within just a few hours after eating it for breakfast. In comparing pizza and cereal, Amer said, “You may be surprised to find out that an average slice of pizza and a bowl of cereal with whole milk contain nearly the same amount of calories.”

The news we've all been waiting for… https://t.co/MvWHMG4mUP

— New York Post (@nypost) January 31, 2018

Here’s Why Pizza Is Better

Chelsey Amer said that pizza is better for breakfast because it gives much more protein that will keep people feel full the whole morning. As per New York Post, Keri Gans, a dietitian, also think that eating pizza in the morningis a good choice.

He said that it is rare to find a cereal with mushrooms and peppers baked into the cheesy slice of pizza and this is one thing that makes it preferable. Moreover, it can satiate hunger and more filling since it has a variety of foodstuff for toppings.

Cold pizza, microwaved pizza, store-bought frozen pizza.

It doesn't matter what kind of pie is on your plate this morning — it's probably a healthier breakfast than a bowl of cereal.https://t.co/5oBrjKpD9H pic.twitter.com/Gvrq0L3C7C

— Chicago Tribune (@chicagotribune) January 29, 2018

But while pizza is a good morning meal, Amer admits that it is not exactly the most nutritious choice. The point is, it is considered a more balanced option when compared with a bowl of sugar flakes. With the crust, tomato sauce and toppings, the pizza definitely offers more nutritional benefits.

Pretty much the only way I like the yucky pizza from Trails End is heated up for breakfast with a fried egg on it.

When we were kids my mom made "pizza". I put it in quotes because it was bread dough spread out on a cookie sheet covered in sauce and American cheese.  It may not have been authentic, but it was delicious - especially cold for breakfast.

That’s an old rehashed article. 

30 years ago when I was in college I was taking a  Health & nutrition class.   And the professor lecture to us on how a supreme pizza was a healthier choice then cereal or bacon & eggs.    And since then, I’ve seen the same basic article several times. 

Oh but to this day, when we order out for pizza. I always make sure I have enough for the next days breakfast. There’s nothing better than leftover pizza for breakfast.

3 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I’ve had breakfast pizza with scrambled eggs.  

But a fried egg on top sounds yummy! ? 

DH's idea of the perfect breakfast is pretty much anything leftover from the day before with a fried egg on it.  LOL

I know these days every place that makes a burger has one with an egg on it but he's been doing it for decades.  It started during the annual "guys weekend" at his family's camp when they decided the burgers left on the grill from the night before shouldn't go to waste.  :P

2 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

DH's idea of the perfect breakfast is pretty much anything leftover from the day before with a fried egg on it.  LOL

I know these days every place that makes a burger has one with an egg on it but he's been doing it for decades.  It started during the annual "guys weekend" at his family's camp when they decided the burgers left on the grill from the night before shouldn't go to waste.  :P

Smart man!  

Everything is better with

a fried egg on it.  ? 

Or with a beer!  ? 

Or with Bacon!  ? 

or with cheese! ? 

46 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Double cheeseburger with bacon and mac and cheese, hot sauce and multiple beers!  Or cheat and use bacon mac and cheese instead of multiple bacon slices.

2 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I think one of my arteries clogged reading this.  :ROFLMAO-1:

Probably even better with Mo's Lobster Mac & Cheese and the bacon slices

12 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Probably even better with Mo's Lobster Mac & Cheese and the bacon slices

And add some grilled (not breaded) shrimp between the patties?

My daughter came up with the burger/mac and cheese combo on a trip to the Fort.

And yes there were adult beverages involved and moonshine soaked cherries for snacks.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

And add some grilled (not breaded) shrimp between the patties?

My daughter came up with the burger/mac and cheese combo on a trip to the Fort.

And yes there were adult beverages involved and moonshine soaked cherries for snacks.

Spicy grilled shrimp, like the ones they used to have on the burger at Kona Cafe with brie.

16 hours ago, Travisma said:

You had leftovers with a 17 year old!  Was he sick?

4 hours ago, Seals said:

Well, he'd already had 5 pieces, plus a sandwich.  Although after 2 hours of tennis practice, I guess that's really not a lot.

I don't think he was feeling well. When I was a teenager my best friend and I both worked at a local pizza joint. We always ordered and split a pizza. One night the owner decided to weigh it just to see how much we were putting away. The weight was 11 lbs before cooking. Oh for the days when I could east anything with no ramifications.