Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So... the frame on our rig has never been right.  Our dealership has fought with Keystone and they have agreed to take it back.  I don't trust any transport company (I've seen too many of those fly by me on the interstate), so we are taking the rig up there and staying until the work is complete.

I'm looking at the KOAs in the area, as we'll need a cabin.

Is anyone familiar with the KOAs near Elkhart?  This is for the month of July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've only stayed at Elkhart Campground up there.  It was fairly nice, and has cabin rentals.  I know nothing about the cabins though.  In any case, might be worth checking out as it has to be cheaper than the KOA.  

Off topic...but go eat at the Essenhaus.  And be sure to visit the RV Hall of Fame and Museum.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

We've only stayed at Elkhart Campground up there.  It was fairly nice, and has cabin rentals.  I know nothing about the cabins though.  In any case, might be worth checking out as it has to be cheaper than the KOA.  

Off topic...but go eat at the Essenhaus.  And be sure to visit the RV Hall of Fame and Museum.  

Thank you.  They didn't pull up when I tried to search the area, so I appreciate it.  They are less expensive than the KOA, but it's all one room so that's something I'll need to consider.  RV Hall of Fame and Museum?  Yep... definitely need to do that.  That and (hopefully) a couple factory tours (do they do those??).

Hot mess though.  Would much rather the rig not need a repair, but thankful that our dealership fought for us and Keystone agreed to take it back.  They've agreed to pay for our gas (which less face it, is much less than paying for a transport), but now I need them to agree to paying our nightly rate.  We have the neurotic pup so, that limits us.  Plus, I need a small kitchen area so I can cook meals.  Keystone told me they wanted 2-3 weeks for this silly repair (which is ridiculous).  I told them I wanted accommodations paid for and they could have 9 business days.  So... we'll see.  Hopefully they'll do right by us.

Thanks again for the recommendations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If by chance you end up looking at hotels let me know I have a couple we like, they are in Shipsweanna but probably not cheaper then a cabin. Also let me know when you'll be there as we will be there from the end of July thru mid August for the FROG rally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

So... the frame on our rig has never been right.  Our dealership has fought with Keystone and they have agreed to take it back.  I don't trust any transport company (I've seen too many of those fly by me on the interstate), so we are taking the rig up there and staying until the work is complete.

I'm looking at the KOAs in the area, as we'll need a cabin.

Is anyone familiar with the KOAs near Elkhart?  This is for the month of July.

What's wrong with the frame?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

What's wrong with the frame?

It's been wonky, since day one.  Basically the middle of the rig is bending where it shouldn't.  We've had one slide come off track and another does not close properly (it closes... but not as it should).   The middle of the RV has a hump that is causing the slide to rub on the floor and push up on one of the kitchen cabinets.  It's probably what caused our front door to have so many issue (they had to rehang it twice because it would not close).  I'm not 100% convinced, that the frame didn't play a part in our leaf spring weld fiasco, last Spring.  Now, the fab shop that fixed the rig in Tampa (after the weld snapped), did say that the weld was incomplete so... who knows.  There is also this strange "patch" on the frame that I have never noticed before (who thinks to check for these types of things when you've picked up a brand new rig?), but the fab shop pointed it out.  He said that the frame had been repaired.

So.... Keystone has to pull out on the slides, brace up the frame, cut all the supports (that's not what they're called, but I cannot remember the name at the moment)...then straighten out the frame, re-weld the supports (hangers maybe??) plus add a couple more, then put the slides back in and lower the rig back down.  All while not cracking any of our sidewalls.   Ugh.  REALLY wish we didn't have to go through this but, again, thankful that the dealership fought for us (Keystone actually wanted the dealership to do the work, to which they replied, "no way!").  Now we're praying that Keystone doesn't fight us on reimbursement for lodging.  It won't be cheap:  $100-$150/night.  But I need to be able to cook and we have a dog (plus I want to feel safe with the kids as Tom probably won't be able to join us) so... not just a cheap hotel.

 

14 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

If by chance you end up looking at hotels let me know I have a couple we like, they are in Shipsweanna but probably not cheaper then a cabin. Also let me know when you'll be there as we will be there from the end of July thru mid August for the FROG rally.

Thank you.   Right now, it's looking like July 15th - 26th.  It would be great to see you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

It's been wonky, since day one.  Basically the middle of the rig is bending where it shouldn't.  We've had one slide come off track and another does not close properly (it closes... but not as it should).   The middle of the RV has a hump that is causing the slide to rub on the floor and push up on one of the kitchen cabinets.  It's probably what caused our front door to have so many issue (they had to rehang it twice because it would not close).  I'm not 100% convinced, that the frame didn't play a part in our leaf spring weld fiasco, last Spring.  Now, the fab shop that fixed the rig in Tampa (after the weld snapped), did say that the weld was incomplete so... who knows.  There is also this strange "patch" on the frame that I have never noticed before (who thinks to check for these types of things when you've picked up a brand new rig?), but the fab shop pointed it out.  He said that the frame had been repaired.

So.... Keystone has to pull out on the slides, brace up the frame, cut all the supports (that's not what they're called, but I cannot remember the name at the moment)...then straighten out the frame, re-weld the supports (hangers maybe??) plus add a couple more, then put the slides back in and lower the rig back down.  All while not cracking any of our sidewalls.   Ugh.  REALLY wish we didn't have to go through this but, again, thankful that the dealership fought for us (Keystone actually wanted the dealership to do the work, to which they replied, "no way!").  Now we're praying that Keystone doesn't fight us on reimbursement for lodging.  It won't be cheap:  $100-$150/night.  But I need to be able to cook and we have a dog (plus I want to feel safe with the kids as Tom probably won't be able to join us) so... not just a cheap hotel.

 

Thank you.   Right now, it's looking like July 15th - 26th.  It would be great to see you!

Sometimes companies just need to bite the bullet and do the right thing.

It would be pricey, but with the amount of repairs they will be doing, the the inconvenience to you and your family, plus the mileage, cost etc. they should just replace it with a new one.

It would be a good will gesture and solidify you as a future customer

Had a friend purchase a car from a Tampa dealer but they didn't have one and had to get it from Miami.

Instead of transporting it by truck, they had someone drive it up.  It put mileage on the vehicle, plus it went thru miles of construction zones and had loads of paint chipped off the front.

Buyer refused to take it, and they had to repaint the car at a far higher cost than paying the transport fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Sometimes companies just need to bite the bullet and do the right thing.

It would be pricey, but with the amount of repairs they will be doing, the the inconvenience to you and your family, plus the mileage, cost etc. they should just replace it with a new one.

It would be a good will gesture and solidify you as a future customer

Had a friend purchase a car from a Tampa dealer but they didn't have one and had to get it from Miami.

Instead of transporting it by truck, they had someone drive it up.  It put mileage on the vehicle, plus it went thru miles of construction zones and had loads of paint chipped off the front.

Buyer refused to take it, and they had to repaint the car at a far higher cost than paying the transport fee.

Honestly... I don't know that I'd want a new one.  As with all of our rigs, I have personalized this one and it really does feel like home (plus, the new camper smell...heaven only knows what type of chemicals those were... is finally gone).  I realize that I could personalize a new rig, but I finally feel like we're starting to get all the kinks worked out of this one (dealership already had to replace the roof as damage was done to it when the weld busted).   At this point, I'm just asking them to pay for gas (not mileage), our accommodations and then fix the rig... properly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

It's been wonky, since day one.  Basically the middle of the rig is bending where it shouldn't.  We've had one slide come off track and another does not close properly (it closes... but not as it should).   The middle of the RV has a hump that is causing the slide to rub on the floor and push up on one of the kitchen cabinets.  It's probably what caused our front door to have so many issue (they had to rehang it twice because it would not close).  I'm not 100% convinced, that the frame didn't play a part in our leaf spring weld fiasco, last Spring.  Now, the fab shop that fixed the rig in Tampa (after the weld snapped), did say that the weld was incomplete so... who knows.  There is also this strange "patch" on the frame that I have never noticed before (who thinks to check for these types of things when you've picked up a brand new rig?), but the fab shop pointed it out.  He said that the frame had been repaired.

So.... Keystone has to pull out on the slides, brace up the frame, cut all the supports (that's not what they're called, but I cannot remember the name at the moment)...then straighten out the frame, re-weld the supports (hangers maybe??) plus add a couple more, then put the slides back in and lower the rig back down.  All while not cracking any of our sidewalls.   Ugh.  REALLY wish we didn't have to go through this but, again, thankful that the dealership fought for us (Keystone actually wanted the dealership to do the work, to which they replied, "no way!").  Now we're praying that Keystone doesn't fight us on reimbursement for lodging.  It won't be cheap:  $100-$150/night.  But I need to be able to cook and we have a dog (plus I want to feel safe with the kids as Tom probably won't be able to join us) so... not just a cheap hotel.

 

Thank you.   Right now, it's looking like July 15th - 26th.  It would be great to see you!

Dang, sorry to hear about all of that. Hopefully, they will fix it once and for all. I own a fab shop. If you ever need anything or a 2nd opinion hit me up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 5:40 PM, ImDownWithDisney said:

Dang, sorry to hear about all of that. Hopefully, they will fix it once and for all. I own a fab shop. If you ever need anything or a 2nd opinion hit me up. 

Thank you!

On 2/22/2019 at 11:55 PM, LONE-STAR said:

Oh the joys of rv ownership. Hope they get it fixed.

Haha... right? <_<:))   

Thank you, us too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay... update:

So, Keystone does not want to pay for lodging as they have no idea how long the repairs will take.  I'm trying to take deep breaths because really...?   At first, I was told no on 2 weeks but possibly 3-4 weeks which for families like ours (who actually use their rig), that's a big deal.  THEN, I spoke with the manager of that person and I was told 6-8 weeks.  What?!!  They could build a new one in less time than that!  Heck, they build an entirely new one, in less than 3-4 weeks!

The gal at Keystone was actually very nice but, that will only go so far.  They cannot have my rig for two months.  That's insane.  She did explain that they have to quote high as they haven't put eyes on the rig and they want to make sure everything is repaired.  All fine and good but please... you should be able to make the repairs within 2-3 weeks.

Keystone will pay for our gas (we submit the receipts and they'll reimburse us).  She did offer a week stay, but I expect (at a minimum) two weeks to complete the repair.  Honestly, I think if they focused on it and didn't break anything while "fixing" it, they could complete the repairs within 3 business days, 4 tops.  But.. 10 business days (or two weeks) seems completely doable to me.  Sigh... so, here we are.  I really, really don't want a transport company to take our home, the idea makes me ill but... I also don't want to drive up to Elkhart then back home, only to do it all over again to pick up the rig.   It's a two day drive each way.   The manager at Keystone recommended allowing a transport company to take the rig from KY (we will be there in July, which is why we scheduled the repair for July).  From Lexington, it's a one day drive up to Elkhart and once the repair is done, we can drive up to pick it up.  This way, we only have to make the trip once.  Ugh.  I am so torn.  I have NO desire to make the trip twice, nor honestly do I want to stay up in IN for two weeks (even if we could pay for it)... I think the option suggested by this gal is probably the best, as much as I hate it.

We will empty EVERYTHING out of our rig and take pictures/videos ALL OVER.  When I pick it up, I will go over every inch.  Ugh... still so irritated that we have to go through this.  Yuck.

Thoughts??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nacole, as much of a pain in the butt and aggravation this will be... I would say, let a transport company take the rig up, then you and fam make the trip up and bring it back.  Remember, its just an "object" and can be (hopefully) repaired. At this point, there is not a lot that you can do to control the situation.  No sense in stressing out and worrying about something that could affect your health and rattle your nerves.

I would agree with you about taking lots of pictures.  I would make sure your camera can date and timestamp each picture.  As Queen Elsa would say.... "Let it go, let it go...."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Duane said:

Nacole, as much of a pain in the butt and aggravation this will be... I would say, let a transport company take the rig up, then you and fam make the trip up and bring it back.  Remember, its just an "object" and can be (hopefully) repaired. At this point, there is not a lot that you can do to control the situation.  No sense in stressing out and worrying about something that could affect your health and rattle your nerves.

I would agree with you about taking lots of pictures.  I would make sure your camera can date and timestamp each picture.  As Queen Elsa would say.... "Let it go, let it go...."

Very good advice, I think this is your best solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After going through repairs with the "Factory Service Center"  at JAYCO I think you will find them to be very meticulous as compared to the production line. I would be very surprised if it turns out to be the opposite. As the rep told you they can never give you an exact time frame until they see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Duane said:

Nacole, as much of a pain in the butt and aggravation this will be... I would say, let a transport company take the rig up, then you and fam make the trip up and bring it back.  Remember, its just an "object" and can be (hopefully) repaired. At this point, there is not a lot that you can do to control the situation.  No sense in stressing out and worrying about something that could affect your health and rattle your nerves.

I would agree with you about taking lots of pictures.  I would make sure your camera can date and timestamp each picture.  As Queen Elsa would say.... "Let it go, let it go...."

Thank you.. you're right. It is an object and my stressing over it will not change anything.  Probably silly to get so worked up, when you consider what it really is (not a person).  It's such a large purchase, and I've seen/heard so many horror stories, that I think that's why my mind goes to the worst possible outcome.  Thanks for talking me down.

31 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Very good advice, I think this is your best solution.

Thank you... appreciate you.

7 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

After going through repairs with the "Factory Service Center"  at JAYCO I think you will find them to be very meticulous as compared to the production line. I would be very surprised if it turns out to be the opposite. As the rep told you they can never give you an exact time frame until they see it.

I hope so.  That's definitely what I'm praying, that we get it back (better than received) and that it's done quicker than expected.

 

 

Thanks again, Fiends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will you go to pick it up after it is repaired? We did when one of ours was at the factory and it was best because they went over exactly what they fixed and then showed me some things they noticed over and above the original repair and took care of. Now of course that was not Keystone but you never know what they will do, plus with all the dealings I have heard  with Forest River ( our Brand ) staying as calm and nice as possible was the best route. but myself I keep records of every type of contact I had with them to fall back on. Good luck and of course keep us posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Will you go to pick it up after it is repaired? We did when one of ours was at the factory and it was best because they went over exactly what they fixed and then showed me some things they noticed over and above the original repair and took care of. Now of course that was not Keystone but you never know what they will do, plus with all the dealings I have heard  with Forest River ( our Brand ) staying as calm and nice as possible was the best route. but myself I keep records of every type of contact I had with them to fall back on. Good luck and of course keep us posted.

Yes.  I will go pick it up and go over every inch with them.  I hope I'm always nice.  I can be firm... but hopefully I'm always kind and respectful (even if I have to remind myself of this, several times during some conversations :(:P).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Yes.  I will go pick it up and go over every inch with them.  I hope I'm always nice.  I can be firm... but hopefully I'm always kind and respectful (even if I have to remind myself of this, several times during some conversations :(:P).

Ok keep me posted and if by chance we are in that area and not busy I would be glad to meet you when you go to pick it up as another pair of eyes can't hurt. Right now our schedule shows us getting there the last week of July and probably there for about 3 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dblr....Rennie said:

Ok keep me posted and if by chance we are in that area and not busy I would be glad to meet you when you go to pick it up as another pair of eyes can't hurt. Right now our schedule shows us getting there the last week of July and probably there for about 3 weeks.

Thank you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×