Breaking News! New Fort Application for the New Dining Building

Breaking News!!! I came across an application this morning, its only for the ERP permit so construction will probably won’t happen for a little while but here’s the description form the application:

Project improvements generally consist of 3.65 acres of infrastructure to serve a new dining pavilion building and associated pargo (golf cart) parking at Fort Wilderness. The proposed improvements will drain to a proposed equalized dry detention pond system.

I’ll get a copy of the plan posted in a few.

Here's the drainage plan.

It looks like this is going to be the relocated Backyard BBQ Pavilion. It's right where it was rumored to be, behind the Trading Post, just off Bay Lake.

Sorry its only on 11x17, I had a heck of a time reducing it to less than 500k.

This post has been promoted to an article

aDrainagePlan11X17.pdf

Breaking News!!! I came across an application this morning, its only for the ERP permit so construction will probably won’t happen for a little while but here’s the description form the application:

Project improvements generally consist of 3.65 acres of infrastructure to serve a new dining pavilion building and associated pargo (golf cart) parking at Fort Wilderness. The proposed improvements will drain to a proposed equalized dry detention pond system.

I’ll get a copy of the plan posted in a few.

You need to be on here much more than you are young man.

Thanks ya'll I'll try to be on here more often, lately I only pop on here when I find some good info to share. I do have a good excuse though for not being a regular, I got engaged! Yes the Camping Princess and I got engaged so I've been busy working on wedding plans. Speaking of that do you remember the trip report on Seaside, FL that TCD did last spring? Well because of that report, we went there on New Year’s Eve, and we liked it so much we decided that’s where we want to get married. We went up there over Easter and checked it out again and sure enough that's where it’s going to be. I'll post a picture of it shortly, but we're going to have the wedding in front of Vera Bradley's Inn by the Sea in November. I tried to get in touch with TCD to tell him about it since he helped me with a bunch of info around New Years, but as you know he's MIA these days.

Anyway that's what I've been up to. I AM going to Disney tomorrow though, (woohoo!!) we're doing the Expedition Everest Challenge Saturday night. We're not staying at the Fort but we're planning on swinging by Saturday morning to look around. Is anyone goign to be around?

WBI

Here's the Inn by the Sea

VeraBradley5.jpg

VeraBradley4.jpg

VeraBradley7.jpg

This is in Seaside:

IMAG0710.jpg

I do have a good excuse though for not being a regular, I got engaged! Yes the Camping Princess and I got engaged so I've been busy working on wedding plans.

Oh boy we're going to a wedding. It's only 90 minutes away. I'll have to get my suit out. This is special. FF.net's first marriage, at least without a shotgun being involved.

Anyway that's what I've been up to. I AM going to Disney tomorrow though, (woohoo!!) we're doing the Expedition Everest Challenge Saturday night. We're not staying at the Fort but we're planning on swinging by Saturday morning to look around. Is anyone goign to be around?

WBI

I'm doing the Expedition Everest Challenge, also. PureTCrazy & I leave tomorrow morning for 5 days at The Fort.:banana:

Thanks everybody!

Here's some more construction stuff for you. Its the project boundary shown on an aerial. I'm going to upload another print shortly and point out some interesting stuff. But just to get you going here's a couple:

1. I'm pretty sure the lawnmower stump will be history with this project. They are putting in a golf cart parking lot in that area with pervious pavement type bricks.

2. Notice the area all the way to the right by itself, thats where they have to scrape out the canal to add compensating flood plain since they are filling some low places for construction. It will bring the canal closer to the path in that one spot. I wish they would scrap the whole canal so it would hold water all the time!

Aerial.jpg

I'm having a hard time uploading PDF's because of there size and the 500k max, is there a better way to do it?

I do have a good excuse though for not being a regular, I got engaged! Yes the Camping Princess and I got engaged so I've been busy working on wedding plans.

WBI

"Congratulation" to you and to Camping Princess on your engagement!

Also, I wanted to thank you for keeping us updated on all the 'Breaking News' at Fort Wilderness!

WBI-

First and foremost, congratulations to you and the Camping Princess.

What great news!

And, how cool is it that you are going to get married in a place that you first heard about in a TCD trip report?

Awesome.

Great Job on this find.

This news kind of gets buried on this board, but this is huge.

I found this drawing on page 103 of the 145 page report, and I find it to be the most helpful in helping to understand the scope of this project.

I have screen-capped some of it.

First, this view shows the old pavilion as well as the location of the new one.

NewPavilion1.jpg

One thing that I didn't understand at first was that this Pavilion is going to be a little bit bigger than the existing one. That makes it pretty huge.

The area of this project is bigger than the area of the entire 100 loop, which you can see on the map.

From this zoom, it looks like there will be a lot of paved areas to the West of the building.

Also, I think this shows pretty clearly how big the new golf cart parking area will be in comparison to the existing playground area.

There are a lot of trees here that are going to have to go:

NewPavilion2.jpg

I will not like seeing those trees go.

The other thing I found interesting is all of the detail around the 700 loop. There have been lots of survey markers and such out this way. It is interesting to me that it looks like they show the old railroad tracks on this drawing:

NewPavilion3.jpg

It looks like the current pedestrian path adjacent to the Settlement Trading Post is going to become a service road for the Pavilion. That means food will be delivered through here, and trash will be removed through here. That, plus the noise from the Backyard Barbecue event itself will make the 100 and 200 loops a lot noisier.

This is a big project, and definitely indicates that something big will be going in at the old River Country site.

TCD