Breaking News! New Fort Application for the New Dining Building

Thanks for the congrats everybody!

I checked today and nothing new has been posted for this project, but I did see that the TCD Stables project got it's permit. It was issued on April 22, 2011. If you remember it only had a few design comments to address back in October, well I guess in March they started back to work on it and now its approved. They still have to get a construction permit but that shouldn't take long in Reedy Creek.

Here's the plan for anyone that hasn't seen it:

SiteMap.jpg

NewStables.jpg

There wasn't any interesting changes to the TCD plans but I did see this:

Waste_Page_3.jpg

Waste_Page_4.jpg

Its the waste managment plan for the stables. lol I got a kick out of that, typical government they make you have a plan for everything!

Here's the response letter if you're interested:

Letter1.jpg

Letter2.jpg

First and foremost, congrats on the engagement.

I am in awe of your ability to find all this stuff. TCD - that goes for you, too. I agree that the 100/200 loops aren't going to be as peaceful as they once were. As far as losing the "Lawnmower Tree" - it is no big loss. Back when the fort first opened it was a really cool novelty. As the tree grew and ultimately died, it's become more of a "what the hell is that" opportunity.

Great find & thanks for sharing. The Fiends always come through with the "You Heard It Here First" information!! :dance:

I love seeing how the Fort and area are evolving.... the changes, etc. It's fun to get on a boat, look at the areas now all wooded and wild looking - knowing that it'll all change shortly! Thanks for the info and comments, and congrats on your engagement. Now.. seaside's close, where's my invite???

:lol:

We all knew this but from Mouseplanet today:

…Walt Disney World has submitted a permit application, now in its initial review stage, to the South Florida Water Management District for a new dining pavilion building and associated pargo parking at Fort Wilderness. We have no further details at this time.

As per TCD's request.

UCc4K.jpg

Well done!

If anyone has not done so already, click on BayLake Camper's photo so it will enlarge to full size. The drawing is clearly very accurate. I still can't quite tell whether the Lawnmower Tree is going to be preserved or not. The golf cart parking area is huge! The whole look of the waterfront area will be changed. But, they did a good job fitting this big building into this area. I still am surprised by this. I always viewed the Backyard BBQ as "filler-" as just a way to make a few bucks from an otherwise unused pavilion. Well, the fact that they are going to spend quite a bit to replace it tells me that this little dinner show must make a nice profit. I would imagine them expanding the BBQ to a nightly occurrence once they get this new pavilion built. Interesting.

TCD

Not sure if I am reading the drawing correctly...but the "curvy lines" which fill the space between the new pavilion and the walkway from the marina remind me of the queue area at the Luau. Would make sense that they would try to create a nicer area to wait in...also wouldn't be surprised if they incorporated a bar of some sort in the queue. Why not make more money and sell drinks to people while they wait?

Not sure if I am reading the drawing correctly...but the "curvy lines" which fill the space between the new pavilion and the walkway from the marina remind me of the queue area at the Luau. Would make sense that they would try to create a nicer area to wait in...also wouldn't be surprised if they incorporated a bar of some sort in the queue. Why not make more money and sell drinks to people while they wait?

I think that you are exactly right about this. It looks like they have designed an area which will allow folks to arrive and wait to enter the pavilion. There is no doubt that there will be opportunities to purchase beverages as well as merchandise. One thing that I forgot to mention is that it looks like restrooms are incorporated in the design of this pavilion. Guests at the current pavilion must walk over to the old River Country restrooms, which means they must walk outside if it is raining. In the new pavilion, it looks like everything will be under one roof.

TCD

I think that you are exactly right about this. It looks like they have designed an area which will allow folks to arrive and wait to enter the pavilion. There is no doubt that there will be opportunities to purchase beverages as well as merchandise. One thing that I forgot to mention is that it looks like restrooms are incorporated in the design of this pavilion. Guests at the current pavilion must walk over to the old River Country restrooms, which means they must walk outside if it is raining. In the new pavilion, it looks like everything will be under one roof.

TCD

I agree guys, I think that's what they are going for, a nice shaded waiting area. Even if they don't put in a bar or drink cart, you won't be far from the Trading Post or Crocketts, they'll get you to buy something one way or another.

Great to see this post is still alive and great job on the overlay Baylakecampers.

I haven't found any new information lately but I'll keep an eye out.

WBI

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd give an update on how there hasn't been any changes to this permit.

They got a few comments on May 27th and nothing has changed since then.

I guess we have to keep waiting.

WBI

And just in case anyone is wondering if there is any sign of any new construction beginning at the Fort, I took a look around yesterday morning August 21, 2011. There is nothing going on in the area of the proposed new dining pavilion, and nothing is going on at the horse barn area at the Outpost. This is no surprise, as building permits have not been issued.

TCD