So What Adjustments Have You Made Because Of The Price Of Fuel?

I understand that too. After yesterday I really got concerned about how I would do. Even though we are not planning any park visits, it might be too much for me. I tend to dehydrate easier than I used to. I still have time to make that decision though :(

Um, you are most certainly able to shoot the S$$T with Fiends aren't you? I will certainly do that in the AC! I don't mind at all. Just pretend you are Donnie. You can mooch. :rofl2:

Um, you are most certainly able to shoot the S$$T with Fiends aren't you? I will certainly do that in the AC! I don't mind at all. Just pretend you are Donnie. You can mooch. :rofl2:

I can shoot S$$T with the best of them. I just tried to pretend I was Donnie, I may never be the same again :rofl2:

We cut out all food in March and May to pay for a July trip, and will proabaly do the same in September and November for a Christmas trip if we're still strong enough to travel. :rolleyes:

Seriously, this morning we are heading to Kroger where the gas price has dropped from $3.99 to $3.79 in a week or two. And we have 401 Rewards Points which are supposed to give us a $0.40 savings per gallon for one 35 gallon fillup. :banana: :banana: We'll see if that works. I'll probably need more than 35 gallons, but it's a start. Then maybe we will see some more drop in a few weeks. Anyone got a prayer smilie? :mellow:

Now that it's summer again, I am running my weekend errands with my motor scooter. We are more conscious of short local trips and try to combine as many as possible. We also use the car more than the truck.

We are eating out less and for the first time in my life, I'm seriously couponing. Not extreme couponing (although I can kind of understand the addiction to that), but closely watching sales and matching coupons appropriately. I'm surprised at how much you can save when you spend some time preparing for your shopping trip.

We've been sidelined from camping at the Fort due to DH's knee replacement surgery on 5/5, with the second TKR scheduled for 6/21. We are also hampered from taking the GC to the Fort for some free-loading fun. The utility trailer we ordered to tow the GC now has an arrival date of the first week in July instead of June 1st. :argh: So, while we are not spending much $$$ going to the Fort, it's been forced upon us & not planned by us!!

Vacation time??? :rofl2: My DH hasn't taken vacation time in 2 years and has no plans to do so in the next 2-5 years (yes, he's a workaholic).

I want to add that doing serious maintenance to your RV on the engine REALLY helps on the fuel consumption, more than I had calculated!! I had some work done to the turbocharger, muffler, radiator and alternator in the past 6 months. We just returned from Stone Mtn. We left with a full tank, stopped once on the way up and put in 125 and stopped twice on the way back and put in 125 each. We still have a half tank in the RV. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER have we got the fuel mileage we got on this trip. We even had to run the generator because it got so hot yesterday. Even WITH the generator, we got that mileage. I am so pleased. Keep your engines up. It is so worth it.

And I am going to talk to Deb about this couponing thing. I talked to TJ's better half about it. She is saving over 55% at the grocery store.

I guess I got to start doing coupons instead of being lazy, it could pay for our camping trips. But got to find the time, that is the key. Missy help how do you do it you work and save that much with coupons????

I guess I got to start doing coupons instead of being lazy, it could pay for our camping trips. But got to find the time, that is the key. Missy help how do you do it you work and save that much with coupons????

I tell you another who is a great couponer is Angie. They actually pay her to leave the store she has it figured out so well lol. She'll be there the 4th.

Ed, you can purchase inserts or cut coupons on line. Sometimes cheaper than buying an actual newspaper.

And I have started verifying the paper has all coupon inserts before purchasing. I hate thiefs. :argh:

Purchasing coupons limits and help some - but not as much as the coupons could be worth. Living in the boonies really hurts when it comes to coupons; price matches; etc. I'm not going to buy a large quantity of something I might use, either. I'd rather buy a reasonable quantity of something I do use - which also puts a crimp in the amount I would save. Coupons can help some people - but it isn't a big money saver for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a stay-at-home-mom for 13 years and I've always said I would never go back to work just to have "things." However, recently I have said I might have to go back to work so we can put gas in the vehicles, but so far, that hasn't happened. ;) As far as gas goes, DH fills up every pay day being as if he doesn't go to work, he doesn't get paid. Then I fill up or get as much as is left in our gas budget. (We are Dave Ramsey followers and try to live by our budget.) With me being home and homeschooling our kiddos, we can pick and choose what we venture out to do. If we have the gas for it, we go. If we don't, we don't. It's that simple. Now that we are really, really putting cash away for our upcoming Fort trip, we are choosing to stay at home...A LOT! ;D