Troll's Photo Essay

Hello, all, from your friendly Fort troll.

If you've never heard of me, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Norm, aka The Troll.

Why am I called The Troll? Well, it's a long story. Let's just say that I tend to express some rather...controversial opinions. I have a tendency to say what I think, and sometimes that rankles some feathers!

Anyway, I am who I am and I want to do a little experiment. You're invited along for the ride.

This is a departure from the conventional trip report. What I'm about to do here is present a photo essay consisting of pictures I took around the Fort during the Troll family's last visit in February. I took several hundred photos, and I'd like to share them with you. But unlike the conventional trip report, there will be no running commentary. Just pictures and captions.

All the pictures I'll show you were taken around the Fort. I've added a caption to each picture, sort of like how abstract artists title their paintings. See if you can figure out where each picture was shot and the meaning of each caption.

Now a word before we begin. If you haven been reading along TCD's latest trip report and his first posted here at this site, you know that Mr. TCD has thrown down the gauntlet and challenged me to a trip report duel. I have accepted his challenge; however, this photo essay is not my entry into said duel. I am preparing a full conventional trip report for later this year that will blow TCD's entry out of the water.

Until then, I hope you enjoy this experiment!

On with the show:

1370472-T800600.jpg

S'mores Cooker

1370473-T800600.jpg

S'Mores Cooker Fuel

1370474-T800600.jpg

Home

1370475-T800600.jpg

Hammock View

1370476-T800600.jpg

Hangin' Around

1370477-T800600.jpg

One Happy Troll

1370484-T800600.jpg

Troll's Best Friend

1370488-T800600.jpg

Rusty Streak

1370489-T800600.jpg

At the Settlement

1370491-T800600.jpg

No Kenny's Allowed

1370493-T800600.jpg

Hanging Palms

1370496-T800600.jpg

Fall in Florida

1370497-T800600.jpg

Under the Blades

1370499-T800600.jpg

Nature's Noose

1370500-T800600.jpg

Where's the Closest Lowe's?

1370501-T800600.jpg

Should Be Rustier?

1370503-T800600.jpg

Lost in the Weeds

1370505-T800600.jpg

Moon Over a Forgotten Windmill

1370506-T800600.jpg

Theming

1370509-T800600.jpg

Hidden Mickey?

1370510-T800600.jpg

Saying Cheese

1370512-T800600.jpg

Chowing

1370515-T800600.jpg

Long Branches

1370517-T800600.jpg

River Country Remnant

So...how do you like it so far? There's plenty more to come.

Stay tuned...

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All right, folks, so there you have it -- he admits it! He drinks cheap lite beer! And he made fun of me for drinking pina coladas! Let's continue with our photo journey: Bankrupt by Kenny Through t

Hello, all, from your friendly Fort troll. If you've never heard of me, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Norm, aka The Troll. Why am I called The Troll? Well, it's a long story. Let's just say that I

I really appreciate all the positive feedback I've been getting! Thanks, everyone! Now let's continue... Kenny's Bane Tired of Replacing Fence Posts Please Never Change Just Hangin' Out What Was

Welcome Norm!

Glad to have your kind of troll with us and really glad you've taken the TCD TR challenge. :waycool:

Now for the bad news... I can't see the photos you posted. I'm just getting a "Posted Image" message for each. Not sure if it's on my end or something wonky in the interwebz, but I'll be sure to check back again later.

Looking forward to your photo TR and again...

:grpwelcome:

P.S. Love your avatar!

Norm- I remember you from Voldemort and am glad you found us! :banana: Your "snarkiness" will be expected on this board. So will your controversial attitude. This place was made for you <_< well, that may be taking it too far because it was really made for "Doodlebug the Super Poster" - but I'm sure you'll catch up!

Thanks for (1) having such a creative mind and taking such unique pictures, and (2) sharing them with the likes of us!!

Between you, TCD, and DaveInTN, we are going to be supplied with endless entertainment! :partythree:

Norm- I remember you from Voldemort and am glad you found us! :banana: Your "snarkiness" will be expected on this board. So will your controversial attitude. This place was made for you <_< well, that may be taking it too far because it was really made for "Doodlebug the Super Poster" - but I'm sure you'll catch up!

Thanks for (1) having such a creative mind and taking such unique pictures, and (2) sharing them with the likes of us!!

Between you, TCD, and DaveInTN, we are going to be supplied with endless entertainment! :partythree:

And don't you forget it :rofl2: I'm not getting anything else done, but I'm having a blast not doing it :banana: