I found the following review on Trip Advisor and just found it interesting reading:

Date of review: Mar 28, 2011

Well, like typical Disney, everything comes with a price, but its all pretty darn nice. Most of the facilities and areas were nice and appealing. I will say that a majority of the staff was very responsive and nice...when needed. But they were not really present enough and did not keep the chaotic campers in line. I know camping is supposed to be fun but yet relaxed. It seems these people, in loop 20 (we were in 2066) just left everything out like it was their own dumpster. I have no problem with kids playing and gathering, but there was just too much chaos! It made Chucky-Cheese look like fine dining! People were just shouting across tent sites, walking across others. Bathrooms and showers were very nice, until these people 'took over' and trashed them for everyone else afterwards. Were unfortunate enough to be close to the bus loop, where you can hear them stop and go from early morning until late at night...along with being close to the ice machine. Ouch. I can say there was no trouble there, just severely incosiderate people there. Kids were just set free to just go crazy, while the parents kick back and do nothing. Very undisciplined area!

But ironically, we walked through some of the other loops where the RVs and Travel Trailers were, and it was night and day. Friendly and quite. Very clean. So it wasn't as much as the campground as it was the type of people that were camping there. Bottom line...if you are a tent camper, don't expect to sleep much. If you are in an RV, this place is nice and has lots of nice ammenities.

We wouldn't camp here again...unless we were in an RV or travel trailer...WELL away from loop 20!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loop 20 must be one of the new ones. I prefer the 3000 loop.

I know exactly who these clowns are and everybody who was in 2000 loop that weekend should've gotten a refund for all the problems they caused. Woulda been a great time for a gas spill and a match to spark and get rid of them for good. I kid you not that these people have no respect for anyone.

I'm guessing they were next to the Irish Puerto Rican group. We've camped near them in an RV on the 200 (not 20) loop October 2010 and I was ready to teach them some manners with my DH's Walther PP!! :angry: Those arrogant, inconsiderate assholes should be banned from FtW. I guarantee that if I'm ever near them again they will be meeting the OCSO as FtW security doesn't want to "offend" them.

Tim I don't think this thread is gonna get any nicer lol. These people really are asses. They acted like everybody was supposed to excuse themselves if they needed to get by. They destroyed the comfort stations and took over the roads in 2000 loop. Like Debbie said they should be banned from the fort. Hopefully the new duty manager I met is going to keep this from happening if they do return.

I'm guessing they were next to the Irish Puerto Rican group. We've camped near them in an RV on the 200 (not 20) loop October 2010 and I was ready to teach them some manners with my DH's Walther PP!! :angry: Those arrogant, inconsiderate assholes should be banned from FtW. I guarantee that if I'm ever near them again they will be meeting the OCSO as FtW security doesn't want to "offend" them.

Wow, Irish Puerto Rican, separately, their music really sucks, I can't imagine what it sounds like when you combine it.

I love the 20 loop, stay there all the time.

You got me on DH's Walther PP & OCSO. I've led a sheltered life.

Does stuff like this happen all the time or just certain times of the year? Talk about having your vacation ruined :argh:

It's random. I encountered them in October 2010 & Donnie, I think, in March this year. 99.9% of campers at FtW observe the camper's good neighbor policy and observe the posted quiet times. It's the 0.01% that are annoying.

Of course, I was just checking to see if you knew, good job.

Uh, another test question. What's the difference between a PP & PPK?

Both are German Police guns. The PPK is a smaller, more easily concealed version of the PP, and is a tad more expensive than the PP. The PP are standard issue to the German Police. The PPK must be purchased by the policeman.

Wonder if this was the same group who was there on MLK weekend in Feb of this year. They called themselves the "Shamrock Families" according to the banner they had up over their LOUDSPEAKERS.... and the bright green t-shirts the kids wore while screaming around the fort in golf carts.

We could hear them on the 900 loop and the poor campers in the 2000 loop that weren't with them were left to fend for themselves by Disney.

Granted, FW CM's had their hands full that weekend all over the Fort (the Group areas were also crazy), but if the Shamrock Families (a Catholic Church sponsored group I believe) had been at any other Disney resort (or any other campground for that matter), they would have been kicked out the first few hours. Instead Disney allowed them to run amok for the whole weekend. Once again we see how the rules are enforced for some and not others....

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Both are German Police guns. The PPK is a smaller, more easily concealed version of the PP, and is a tad more expensive than the PP. The PP are standard issue to the German Police. The PPK must be purchased by the policeman.

So the police officer is out of pocket for the PPK? Wow. :popcorn:

OK, I'm going to cut some parts out of other reviews (most apply to the cabins):

The cabins were dirty. Housekeeping came every day and made the beds and did what housekeepers do, but don’t let the pictures on this website fool you, I would not allow my kids to play on the floor.
I don't think I'd let kids play on the floor of any hotel room!
If you do not rent a car upon arrival at the airport you are totally, absolutely, 100% held captive by Disney. If you get anything from this review, please GET this. If you don’t have your own ride, you must rely on the busing system. This means that you have NO OTHER WAY to get to and from the parks. You have NO OTHER WAY to move within Ft. Wilderness, other than renting a golf cart, which is really expensive (Ft. Wilderness is HUGE, btw and one could walk, but to get anywhere worth going to would take a while), you have NO OTHER WAY to go off the Ft. Wilderness campground.
Did he expect a car to drive him around?
We rented a golf cart after reading the reviews. We rented it from Kenny at Tee Time Golf Rentals. He had the cart at the resort waiting for us when we arrived. We spent $224.70 for 8 day rental. That was a considerable savings over Disney rental. However, I do have to say that the cart seemed "wobbly" when we drove it. I felt like the cart could easily tip over if we rounded a corner too fast. Suggestion: I think that for the money you spend to stay in a cabin--since they are sooo far from everything--disney should give you a cart to use for the week free of charge. You should not have to pay over an above what the resort costs just to get around the resort.
Kenny positive...
One last thing... a lot of people have recommended Kenny at Tee Time Golf Carts as an option to the expensive Disney carts and so we went that route. We paid $40/day vs $62/day. Personally, I'm not sure it's worth the savings. Kenny's a nice guy, but he got confused about our dates, called us no less that 8 times, talked too much and repeated himself. The method for retrieving and dropping off the cart is awkward and time consuming (Disney makes it that way of course) and Kenny's cart requires a separate (and heavy) charging unit whereas the Disney carts plug straight in to the AC outlet.
Kenny kind of negative...

The Walther that James Bond carried was I believe a .380 caliber. Years back when I was in plainclothes, we were issued Sig-Sauer .380's for off-duty carry and the Range Instructor told us that he didn't want to hear of any of us using the damn things unless it was over our shoulder as we were running away.... :rofl2: He was of the opinion that the gun would do more damage to the bad guy if we were to throw it at him! ;D

So ever since, when I see 007 shoot down several badguys at a distance with his pea-shooter, I have to LOL!

8)8)8)8)8)

Tim - The OP's observations proves two things:

1) They know nothing about camping and should limit their stays to hotels that provide limo service.

2) They know nothing about golf carts and should not be allowed to rent one. If you go too fast around a corner on any golf cart (except BobinTN's) you will feel like you're going to roll over or fall out. It's called "control"!!

Lou - Yes, the individuals have to purchase their own PPK's if they want one. Just like if you didn't like the bus Disney gave you to drive you could have your very own bus made!! :rofl2:

Lou - Yes, the individuals have to purchase their own PPK's if they want one. Just like if you didn't like the bus Disney gave you to drive you could have your very own bus made!

That was Genia that posted that.

I don't like the buses that Disney gives me, too many of them are crap. Did I just write that?

Yes Steve it is the Shamrocks. We drove through 2000 several times and the people near them were just standing in the road shaking their heads. They took over the comfort stations and defaced them and some of them were made to leave because a knife was pulled on a child there with a scout group. Everybody in the loop was amazed Disney couldn't or wouldn't put an end to it. OCSO was called several times and they didn't do much either. I talked to a security guard and he said the fort manager wouldn't give him the go ahead to eject them. He was very mad because he felt bad for the guests. Every time someone called the desk they sent somebody out and when they left the salsa music went right back up. I may sound racist and I'm sorry if I do. I don't have anything against people as a race. The white population has no room to talk with the way some act but this group is Miami Cubans. I talked to a cuban friend from Miami and he told me he knows these clowns and they live in shit there and could care less what they do to oother areas. Personally I have no tolerance for them and if I'm ever put in a loop with them somebody will be hurt if they act this way.

This wasn't by any chance during Halloween weekend was it? If so I assume you are speaking of the tenters right at the end of the loop. They had I think 4 tents & a daycare full of kids. I remember them quite well because they liked cutting through my site (201). These people were loud as hell until around midnight & didn't care at all. Twice I had my phone in hand to complain but they quoted down just before dialing. I won't soon forget the bastards. :argh: :argh:

What site were you in?