We Missed Alabama and Ended Up at the Fort!!!

The gods must have been smiling on you Carol. I haven't had any luck the last 3 years trying to make ADR's for Le Cellier and you got them same day :banana: That was just awesome, oh wait AUsome of Dnnie to lend you his cart, what a guy :heart:

Looks like you had a great day :banana:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We get back to the Fort and ride the cart back to the camper, grab a couple of drinks, and ride up to the beach to watch Wishes. They have a huge team of security and management directing traffic at the entrance to the cart path and at the exit of 700 Loop.

They were doing this traffic directing earlier this month when we visited.

In my opinion, these ding-dongs create more of a problem than they solve.

I just cut through the 100 loop when I see them.

TCD

Howdy all!! This was gonna be a non-Fort report of a state park in Alabama. The plan was to do some fishing, chillin and grillin out.

I had a day of deferred holiday that I had to use before the end of the month, and since State Parks in Alabama don't take reservations, I also took a day of leave on Thursday, so we could hopefully get a lakeside site.

Now for these fishin weekends, we normally go to Lake Guntersville State park. It's about an hour away, Rick is familiar with it and likes the place. However, it is currently still closed from Tornado cleanup, so I found Wind Creek State park in Alexander City, AL. It's a huge campground with lots of lakefront sites. It is south of Birmingham about half-way between Birmingham and Auburn.

So Wednesday evening, we packed the truck, and loaded the camper and were ready to hitch up early Thursday morning and head down.

Thursday morning, we got on the road about 10:00. We get about half way to Birmingham and Rick says, "call Disney and see if the Fort has anything. I don't think the truck is gonna make the turn onto this other highway. It is really acting like it wants to go East on 20."

I say, "naw, there is nothing available this short notice, plus it will be midnight before we get there, you don't have your scooter, we don't have our tickets, and we have all this food packed."

He said, "Call them!! I have my ticket, you can get another one printed, I promise we'll just chill out and fish, and I will cook at the Fo

So I called.

Oh my gosh, they have a full hookup site available at Passholder Rate!!!!! So, ok, now we're booked, requested 1700 Loop and sure enough, while I wasn't looking, the navigation swapped itself and told us to go East on 20!! We were headin for the Fort!!

How lucky!! How many times, I've told my truck to go to Disney and it just ignores me :blink:

Carol, we always end up doing the same thing with food. But, it always gets eaten when we get home, so no big deal. I'd rather have it there if I need it, than need it, and not have it. (Crap that goes for most of the things I pack in the rv :rolleyes:)

The gods must have been smiling on you Carol. I haven't had any luck the last 3 years trying to make ADR's for Le Cellier and you got them same day :banana: That was just awesome, oh wait AUsome of Dnnie to lend you his cart, what a guy :heart:

Looks like you had a great day :banana:

In the 15 years we've been going to Disney, I've only eaten at Le Cellier 4 times. Only twice since the dining plan!!!

They were doing this traffic directing earlier this month when we visited.

In my opinion, these ding-dongs create more of a problem than they solve.

I just cut through the 100 loop when I see them.

TCD

Good idea!!!

It might also have something to do with Disney no longer allowing people to make multiple dinner reservations for the same timeframe.

Possibly!!

How lucky!! How many times, I've told my truck to go to Disney and it just ignores me :blink:

Our problem is, the truck doesn't ignore us. We're gonna go broke!!!

Carol, we always end up doing the same thing with food. But, it always gets eaten when we get home, so no big deal. I'd rather have it there if I need it, than need it, and not have it. (Crap that goes for most of the things I pack in the rv :rolleyes:)

Yeah, good point. This trip started as a cheap fishing weekend, ooops!!!!

Awesome! I love the last minute idea.

Keep it coming, this is a great report!

Thanks!!!, but it's almost over!!

How awesome!!! I wish my car would take over and drive down to the Fort!

Enjoying your report! So did you guys see Cars 2? I saw you were going over there but didn't see how you liked the movie.

How awesome!!! I wish my car would take over and drive down to the Fort!

Enjoying your report! So did you guys see Cars 2? I saw you were going over there but didn't see how you liked the movie.

We enjoyed the movie a lot!!! It was funny and well done!!

Now that is a Fort trip! You can't trust those Sport Tracs. I had a 2007 and it did a lot of that wrong turn towards Orlando stuff

Both of my Sport Tracs have LOTS of miles to the Fort on them. :blink: :dance:

It's gotta be a "Ford" thing. All my Ford products have been possessed by Maleficent and end up at Disney. I hope Ford doesn't catch on and issue a recall!! :rofl2:

ETA: Don't forget to tell Rick I still love him!! :heart:

Yep, Ford better not figure it out!!!! :popo: :siren:

Rick says Hi!!! How is your Rick?? The second knee surgery going OK??

Rick says Hi!!! How is your Rick?? The second knee surgery going OK??

He's in considerably more pain this go around than the last time. He's actually needing the pain meds! Who-da thunk someone would need pain meds after a TKR??? Not Rick! :rolleyes:

Bend & extension are both great. One week and he's at 115% bend and 10% to go on the extension. Walking is a little difficult - but improving. God is good!! :)

It's gotta be a "Ford" thing. All my Ford products have been possessed by Maleficent and end up at Disney. I hope Ford doesn't catch on and issue a recall!! :rofl2:

Add mine to those with that weird Orlando magnet under the hood. (Unfortunately for me, my hubby possesses the antidote anchor that keeps me from continuing on down 95S!)

Carol, loving your spontaneous trip! So much fun, and I'm getting my vicarious Disney fix. Thanks!

Awesome diversion! My F250 pulls to the south sometimes, but I have to rein it back because it won't spit $100 bills out of the cd player.

Oh wouldn't that be cool if we could train our Fords to do that!!!!

Rick sounds like an awesome husband and you obviously have the coolest truck around. I enjoyed your TR.

He is awesome :-)

He's in considerably more pain this go around than the last time. He's actually needing the pain meds! Who-da thunk someone would need pain meds after a TKR??? Not Rick! :rolleyes:

Bend & extension are both great. One week and he's at 115% bend and 10% to go on the extension. Walking is a little difficult - but improving. God is good!! :)

Glad to hear it!!

Add mine to those with that weird Orlando magnet under the hood. (Unfortunately for me, my hubby possesses the antidote anchor that keeps me from continuing on down 95S!)

Carol, loving your spontaneous trip! So much fun, and I'm getting my vicarious Disney fix. Thanks!

Glad you are enjoying it!!!

Final installment coming up!

Awesome diversion! My F250 pulls to the south sometimes, but I have to rein it back because it won't spit $100 bills out of the cd player.

My F150 came with a switch under the dash for that. You have to get down on the floor and hunt around.

My f350 has a little door on the side of it that sucks $100.00 bills in it.

That sounds like my 2500HD Dodge Ram. It would willingly drag me to The Fort - my credit card and that little door on the driver's side are like anchors holding it back.

Well, I've tried three times to finish this report. The first time the post didn't go through, the 2nd time I got busy and had to stop and do something else, and the third time, lightning hit the flag pole outside our building and the power went out.

So hopefully, a day later, with the storms all gone, I'll finish this one up.

Actually, there is really not much to tell.

I got up early and started breaking down, and got all the crap pulled off the camper and then got Rick up and sent him to the shower. While Rick was in the shower, Donnie took me up front on the golf cart to get the truck and we also fetched some coffee from Trails End.

After we all returned from our respective errands, we loaded the truck and hitched up.

100_2830.jpg

100_2831.jpg

100_2834.jpg

100_2836.jpg

100_2837.jpg

On the way out, we stopped at the Hess across from Boardwalk to fill up. (The cheapest gas of the trip!!)

Then we pulled into Coronado Springs for lunch at Pepper Market. We find Pepper Market quite good and eat there as often as possible.

Then, headed North on 429 and got home safely!!

As most of you have commented, this trip was expensive compared to the length of time we got to spend there. That little hole on the side of the truck sucking in $100 bills STINKS!!!

Well, I hope you enjoyed it. Can't WAIT till the cruise.

Hope to see everyone again soon.