anolefan's small, pre July 4thTrip Report at the Fort

I told myself I wasn't going to post a trip report since there will be multiple reports over the next couple of weeks, but what the heck right?

We were lucky enough to book a last minute 3 night stay at the Fort beginning Thursday 6/30 and arriving home, well about 2 hours ago. I found out over this past weekend that I was able to take a long weekend so we made arrangements to visit our favorite place. I have to work tomorrow, so we could not stay for all the fun events that take place Monday.

Hopefully this report will hold everyone's interest until the big dogs return from their visits. I will admit, I did not get as many photo opportunities since we only had a GC for Friday evening and Saturday morning.

Let's get started.

We packed up and headed out on Thursday around 11:30am. We arrived shortly after 1pm and I scrambled to set up before the rain came.

We were part of a group with 2 other families and we were assigned 845. We loved this site. There was a lot of room between sites, and the open area in the back was awesome for the kids. I only grabbed a few photos on Thursday.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

We added something new for this trip, a $7.00 hammock at Target. The kids loved it!

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

After we got set up and the rain came, the boys took advantage of the puddles and flew through them on their bikes.

standard.jpg

Can you see the mud on their backs? :D

standard.jpg

As soon as I get more photos downloaded I will post Friday mornings events.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told myself I wasn't going to post a trip report since there will be multiple reports over the next couple of weeks, but what the heck right?

We were lucky enough to book a last minute 3 night stay at the Fort beginning Thursday 6/30 and arriving home, well about 2 hours ago. I found out over this past weekend that I was able to take a long weekend so we made arrangements to visit our favorite place. I have to work tomorrow, so we could not stay for all the fun events that take place Monday.

standard.jpg

Ahh now that's the life. :heart:

After we got set up and the rain came, the boys took advantage of the puddles and flew through them on their bikes.

standard.jpg

Well of course who would let a perfectly good puddle go to waste?

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.

Lucky you. Great pictures :banana:

Thanks!

We were lucky to get a site on such short notice.

And it was in one of our favorite loops as well.

Certainly sounds like a great time. Looking foward to some more pics.

We had a blast, the kids went like mad all three days.

Can't wait to read more!

I'm going to try and get in the next post before I doze off.

I'm in!

Thanks for joining in!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Thank you for reading.

It will be fast and furious once I get it organized.

Awesome so far! Keep it coming! I just found a bunch of Disney receipts in the camper, so I am wishing I was there... :(

Thanks!

I even have a fish picture to post next.

Ahh now that's the life. :heart:

Well of course who would let a perfectly good puddle go to waste?

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.

You know it. They LOVED the hammock.

I laughed when they showed me their shirts. We had to bag up the clothes because they were soaked.

Thursday I was up before the sun (as usual), and went to do a little fishing.

I always hit the canal behind the 300 loop in the mornings since I usually have good luck there. This morning I decided to fish off the old cement dock across from the cabin by Bay Lake.

On my third cast I caught a very nice bass. I'm guessing he was in the 4-5lb range.

First the blurred shot.

standard.jpg

Now one with the flash.

standard.jpg

I then walked over to the canal and tried my luck. I caught one more small one (not photo worthy).

I looked down and this caught my eye.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I guess someone doesn't want construction to begin anytime soon.

standard.jpg

It was now just after 8am and I went back to the site to check on the kids. They get up early like their dad does.

They were up and ready to go.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Ahhhh, bubbles. My favorite child toy, errrrr not. I don't like the mess, but I can live for it while we are at the Fort.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Here are a few shots of the back of our site. Look at all the space!

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Someone posted this angle on here and I really enjoyed looking at it, so here is my attempt at looking up through the trees.

standard.jpg

And I was so proud that I figured out the hammock tree straps that I had to get a shot of it.

standard.jpg

DS8 wore his great uncle out this weekend with baseball.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Here is a shot looking toward our camper from the rear.

standard.jpg

I love this shot.

standard.jpg

And this one. DS6 has the lost tooth thing going on.

standard.jpg

Ready for a bike ride. They rode their bikes all the time this trip.

standard.jpg

After lunch, we went to the pool and came back just in time for the afternoon rain.

Look for those updates tomorrow after work.

Sidewalk chalk and bubbles, those were the days. Enjoy them while you can, you don't realize what you miss until your kids outgrow them.

TNBob said the fishing sucked, he should have gone with you, nice fish :banana: Keep up the great report I'm loving it :banana:

Tom, I just got home from my weekend at Crystal River as well. How dare you even think about not doing a trip report! We live for this stuff. Looks like the kids had a blast. That's a nice fish you caught. Nathen never seems to have much luck behind the 300's, he does better at the bike barn.

Hope there is more! :suspense:

Alright! Another great report underway. :popcorn:

No trees were harmed by your hammock, right? :rofl2:

Thanks Dave! Only the ones I wrapped the tree straps around :rofl2: , oh and the ones the kids were standing on for the pictures. Just kidding, no trees were harmed, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Sidewalk chalk and bubbles, those were the days. Enjoy them while you can, you don't realize what you miss until your kids outgrow them.

TNBob said the fishing sucked, he should have gone with you, nice fish :banana: Keep up the great report I'm loving it :banana:

I know, I got to thinking about this after looking at all of our photos. After the first day my fishing luck turned bad also.

Fabulous -- loving it! You're making me wistful for the days when the kids were a little younger. I *love* having a tween and a teen, don't get me wrong, but camping with kids the ages of yours is just THE BEST!! And my hubby would love that bass.

Can't wait for more!

I agree, and it kind of makes me sad that our DS8 is almost at the age of not wanting to do those little things anymore. A couple more years for him and it will be much different.

Great TR! Looking forward to your next installment.

Thank you for reading! I hope to get another one posted tonight.

:bravo: :popcorn:

Thank you! I appreciate you reading along.

Tom, I just got home from my weekend at Crystal River as well. How dare you even think about not doing a trip report! We live for this stuff. Looks like the kids had a blast. That's a nice fish you caught. Nathen never seems to have much luck behind the 300's, he does better at the bike barn.

Hope there is more! :suspense:

Funny, I have the exact opposite luck. I haven't caught a single fish at the bike barn. I have seen others do very well there.

Thanks for joining in.

Great report. Nice fish (all I have ever caught was minnows....)

Thanks!

Fabulous pictures so far - looking forward to more!

Thank you! Hope to post more soon.

Ok dinner is done so hopefully I can get this next post going. It will be a little one.

We left off on Friday, the kids ate lunch and went for a swim in the pool before the rain.

When we got back from the pool, it was nap time for DS6 and DD4.

They didn't really sleep, just watched good old channel 96.

standard.jpg

I sat outside under the awning and looked at the sky to see what we were in for.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

We were pretty lucky and missed the heavy rain that day. After some mild showers the rain was done for the rest of our trip.

Here is DS6's camper drawing with chalk.

standard.jpg

After eating a pizza from Trails End we went back to the pool and finished up our evening.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Up next, Saturday at the Fort. More swimming, fishing, and we do some marshmallow roasting.

Looks like the kids were having a good time at the pool. Glad the rain went away :banana:

We got lucky with the rain. The kids had a wonderful time swimming this visit.

:heart: Great picture! Look out Swimsuit Illustrated! :lol:

She is already 4 going on 8, I'm afraid for the future. :)

I think you were lucky that Runner and I weren't with you, we usually ensure that there will be some bad weather! Love the pics and ready for some more!

Thanks! We usually are pretty lucky in dodging the rain.

Alright, I have some time free so this thing will get moving along so I can finish it soon.

Saturday morning I was lucky enough to have a GC just for a few hours so I took advantage and did some photo exploring.

I began in the Meadow Trading Post and worked my around to the pool.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

During my New Year's Trip I spotted this:

standard.jpg

And this morning I saw this:

standard.jpg

What's up with that?

I love this view!

standard.jpg

Back at the pool.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I admit, I was kind of all over the place with my morning. I then decided to drive down to the marina and get some photos there.

Here is a shot of the movie screen through the trees.

standard.jpg

I saw this on the way.

standard.jpg

And these two behind the 1400 loop.

standard.jpg

I parked the cart and walked around the beach for a bit, but nothing really caught my eye, so I took this picture and left.

standard.jpg

I then circled back to the Meadow area and took some more random shots.

I really liked the composition of this shot.

standard.jpg

I love walking off the bridge and down this sidewalk.

standard.jpg

I have never taken many photos from the bridge looking this way, but this morning the sunlight really showed off the area. Notice how the reflections actually look real and how it makes the canal look very narrow by the bend.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Oops! Someone got carried away with their cast.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I then walked up to the pool and I noticed some cool details I have missed before. I love the attention to detail that goes into all the areas at the Fort.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I like how my silhouette came out in this photo while taking shots of the 600 loop across the lake.

standard.jpg

I have taken this shot many times, and I always love how it looks different each time.

standard.jpg