TCD's Flippin' Awesome July 4 2011 Fort Trip Report!

Totally lovin' the trip report!

The only time we've stayed at the Fort, we had the last site in 1500: next to the road at the exit of the loop. We liked it! The road noise was not so bad, it's a few feet further from the road than 1501, and the road is a few feet higher than the site, too. We liked that you can head to the bus stop from your site when you see the bus coming up the road from the 1600 bus stop...then yell to the slowpokes in your group to hurry up!

Can't wait to see what trouble Yuri got himself into this time. :popcorn: He's such a naughty boy....

The signs on the shelter just say "this area" so maybe they intend them to be for the whole pool area? We can only hope so :rolleyes:

My guess for the repair tape is $21.99.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, Here we go. I'm going to lay out the details of the golf cart parade judging conspiracy here. Can you handle the truth? If not, don't read this post. Also, I note with interest that we have a new

What a treat! I've only been home from the Fort for a few short hours and already have several wonderful TR's to enjoy.

Glad to know that the beautiful view behind 300 should remain in tact. I finally saw it for the first time on my nostalgic bike tour of the Fort which I will share later. Yes, I said it was my first time. My parents wouldn't let me wander off alone as a kid, then kids came along and they don't allow me to wander off alone either.... but H did. ;)

Great TR TCD. I know what you mean about the memories when you go back into the old River Country Entrance area... very bittersweet. Looking forward to the rest!!! :banana:

BTW, H really was chicken to wake me. You could've clucked and flapped your arms till the cows came home and he still wouldn't have caved. :rofl2:

We have a winner for the FF Price Is Right Challenge- Awning Tape Edition.

To re-cap- this contest required the winner to name the price of this roll Awning Repair Tape:

100_1033.jpg

Whoever came closest to the price without going over wins.

I didn't mention that you couldn't guess the same as another contestant, but that is one of the rules to (ask Bob Barker if you don't believe me) (is he still alive?)

Here are the official entries:

Vertically Challenged Lisa - $14.99

doodlebug....Cherie - $24.99

Runner ... aka Ed - $17.99

SCTigerCock...Genia - $.01

We4mickey - $19.99

wak648....aka Bill - $28.99

LONE-STAR - $26.99

GOBA Mom Lynn - $21.99

PureTcrazy AKA Rita - $21.95

SCTigerCock...Genia - Arm, leg and first born.

rebelstand -$39.95

Fortmommy -$12.99

DaveInTN - $28.99

momof3kids-Yvonne - $20.95

disneylitch......Debbie - $17.99

Keylime359 - If you have to ask, you can't afford?

HillBillyWhisperer - It's free if you have someone else buy it for you. Otherwise it's $21.95.

There are some good guessing there.

And, Keylime359 is right, but this contest required a price.

HillBillyWhisperer is half right with his answer.

SCTigerCock's answer is funny, but it went over the actual price.

And now, the winner is . . .

Drum roll please . . .

Runner aka Ed!

He hit it right on the head!

The exact price is $17.99!

Disneylitch got it right, too, but Ed guessed $17.99 first.

So what did he win?

First, a fabulous first edition sticker from camplifegear.com:

6395825.jpg?208?7299298?9818559

And, the second component of this fabulous prize pack is a first edition Fort Fiends baseball cap.

Congratulations Ed.

Please let me know when you will next be at the Fort, and I will make the arrangements for your gifts to be personally delivered.

Thanks to all who played along!

And, those of you with the high guesses- I think you may have a future as a bean counter at WDW.

TCD

If I wasnt busy catching up on the report - I would have had time for my guess - bummer - thats what I get for not checking in every day. Lesson learned.

Brief thread jack:

Whip, We KNOW you wouldn't be buying that stuff......you have your own life time supply of the much better and more economical stuff........pwease....... :rofl2:

end thread jack.

SCTigerCock...Genia - Arm, leg and first born.

SCTigerCock's answer is funny, but it went over the actual price.

TCD

Depends on whose arm, leg and first born....... :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

party0006.gif WOO-HOO!

I'm going to be at The Fort for the Halloween GG. Oct 25 - Nov 6

Perfect.

I can get your gifts to you then.

Maybe I'll even throw in some candy, too.

Congratulations.

Brief thread jack:

Whip, We KNOW you wouldn't be buying that stuff......you have your own life time supply of the much better and more economical stuff........pwease....... :rofl2:

end thread jack.

Good point.

I'll bet that tape is just clear duct tape.

Depends on whose arm, leg and first born....... :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Another good point.

But, I forgot to tell you that you are disqualified for guessing twice.

Ask Bob Barker.

If he's alive.

I'm still not sure.

TCD

We have some housekeeping to do here before moving on.

Since TCD trip reports are interactive, I have some comments to respond to before we move this thing along.

Don't worry, it won't take long.

And we are in no rush on this one.

Right, S70?

So let's see:

That is too funny!!! I will be glued to the TR, waiting for the speedo pics! I'm sure that you looked like his twin.

The only way I would be mistaken for Mark Spitz' twin would be if you drank a bunch of that Wacky Punch you had at the shuffleboard court at the campground you visited in Crystal River. Even then, I still think it would have to be dark, and you would have to squint.

Even then, probably not.

amazing how much you miss just by putting the computer down for a little bit.... durn trailer hitching!

You had better watch yourself, or you are going to get on my list.

First you beg for a trip report, and then you go off and don't pay attention.

Let's get with it!

With my record of dropping things, I don't know how I didn't manage to give Mr. Bass a nasty faceplant!

I couldn't agree more!

I got to meet KFK and Hurston briefly while looping on that Saturday morning. Just a super nice family and really enjoyed talking to both of them!

Wait a sec.

Didn't you notice how I left out the coffee incident in this trip report?

I was trying to cut you a break.

And, you are right about KFK and H.

Too bad you didn't meet TnBob.

Next time for sure.

If they were nowhere to be seen, I think that moving their crap to the ground under a tree would drive the point home. ;)

Yeah.

I say that too.

But, I don't think I would ever really do it.

BTW- I have a story coming up of an incident that happened at the pool on the 4th which relates to this issue.

We will get to that at some point.

I heard those winds can be pretty strong in Florida during the summer. Anything not secured down can just fly away. One should be more careful with their belongings. :unsure:

Please see my comments to VCL, above.

Totally lovin' the trip report!

The only time we've stayed at the Fort, we had the last site in 1500: next to the road at the exit of the loop. We liked it! The road noise was not so bad, it's a few feet further from the road than 1501, and the road is a few feet higher than the site, too. We liked that you can head to the bus stop from your site when you see the bus coming up the road from the 1600 bus stop...then yell to the slowpokes in your group to hurry up!

Can't wait to see what trouble Yuri got himself into this time. :popcorn: He's such a naughty boy....

The signs on the shelter just say "this area" so maybe they intend them to be for the whole pool area? We can only hope so :rolleyes:

You are talking about site 1520. I haven't been assigned that one. Yet. But I agree with you, it would be a fine site. And, clearly a bit more private than 1501.

If they wanted to drive the message home that the whole pool area is reserved for Fort guests, they ought to put those signs up on the entries to the pool area, not just on the pavilion.

And, keep reading along.

We will be getting to the Yuri part soon.

What a treat! I've only been home from the Fort for a few short hours and already have several wonderful TR's to enjoy.

Glad to know that the beautiful view behind 300 should remain in tact. I finally saw it for the first time on my nostalgic bike tour of the Fort which I will share later. Yes, I said it was my first time. My parents wouldn't let me wander off alone as a kid, then kids came along and they don't allow me to wander off alone either.... but H did. ;)

Great TR TCD. I know what you mean about the memories when you go back into the old River Country Entrance area... very bittersweet. Looking forward to the rest!!! :banana:

BTW, H really was chicken to wake me. You could've clucked and flapped your arms till the cows came home and he still wouldn't have caved. :rofl2:

I'm glad that you finally got out to the area behind the 300 loop.

Did you see any signs of your favorite cowboy?

I have no doubt that Hurston would not cave. He seems like a pretty smart fellow.

If I wasnt busy catching up on the report - I would have had time for my guess - bummer - thats what I get for not checking in every day. Lesson learned.

Yes.

Lesson learned.

But, I don't think there will be another contest in this trip report.

There will, however, be some important information that you don't want to miss.

Remember, I uncovered a huge conspiracy involving the golf cart parade winner.

And, I spotted a celebrity in the parade.

And those two stories (the conspiracy and the celebrity) are related.

Can you handle the truth?

TCD

I want a showcase showdown! Next one at the Fort needs to post random pictures for a showcase. That would be fun! TCD look what you started! Fun for the whole family :banana:

Congrats to Ed on your hat, sticker and starlight mints.

Whoops.

Missed this comment.

LOL!

Starlight mints.

Perfect!

Thanks for the idea.

And I love the Showcase Showdown idea.

I'll have to work on that one.

TCD