Some Times It's A Magical Bus

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only if you're wearing a Tampa Bay Rays or Yankees hat.

I was assigned to the Studios bus hub yesterday and while waiting for people to finish boarding, a little boy, about 9 or 10 years old, afflicted with an obvious muscular disorder struggles to walk up

Needle in a hay stack is right. The odds are very slim that you'll see me. Too many buses doing too many routes. No call today, so I'm not working. I'm on call tomorrow but no clue where I'll be until

I thought of you today Dave.

As it was an 8 hour shift today, I had a one hour lunch and needed to kill some time. I decided that I'd go and walk the Utilidors/tunnels.

While down there, who do I see coming coming towards me, yup, Snow White.

Man she was looking hot all wrapped up in her cloak with the pouty red lips and stuff.

We spent some time last month at that Hess station fueling & putting air in the tires. DH & I were watching the mechanics (if that's what they are) that were working on the busses. It really is sort of neat to watch - at least as exciting as waiting online for a picture with Snow.

It's probably something many people never even think about but, having an automotive background, DH notices service techs everywhere. We thought the multiple bays for servicing wdw vehicles looked very efficient. Now if only they could make the air machine on the tourist side work properly, it'd be just about perfect...

That area next to the Hess is called "FIW", fuel, inspect, wash.

They don't do any serious repair work there. If a bus has an issue during the day, it goes there first to be inspected. If it's remove and replace of a minor part, it's done there. Otherwise it's sent to the main maintenance facility called "BM South". bus maintenance south.

The guys doing the inspecting and refueling are full time mechanics, but the ones doing the cleaning and shuttling of the buses are bus drivers that choose to work at FIW instead of drive.

Well my luck finally ran out today.

A few months ago, the IMs decided to install video cameras on two buses.

I got one of those buses today. The four cameras are there strictly to monitor the driver.

I don't know if they're just recording or if there is an IM watching.

I hated it. You're expected to do everything perfectly.

Imagine being at a job where a mistake could mean injury to people and you're being taped or watched the entire time. Not too much pressure.