Picked up the new camper today. Looks EXACTLY like the old one that was totaled in the accident with a few minor changes (this one was built 4 months after our other one).

They improved the windows on one side, moved the TV/cable button somewhere you can actually reach it (vs behind the TV - duh!), changed up the type of a/c and put in better gaskets on all the doors/slides.

Interior is even identical!

Second time is the charm, right?!

5991736255_876815d18b_z.jpg

Tomorrow we take the boxes of stuff in our dining room and RE-load the camper - putting everything back pretty much exactly where it was before. I guess the good thing is we already know where everything should go!

Also means Brian has to reinstall the doggie dorm and bar - but it should be twice as quick/easy this time around, right?

Amazingly we haven't missed any planned camping trips in all this mess, but it took a colossal effort by Brian with the insurance company over the past 3 weeks to get everything sorted out, not to mention finding us a new truck. :heart:

Next planned official trip is Labor Day weekend, but I have a feeling some driveway camping is in order between now and then.

Time to get back on the road!! :banana:

That is absolutely GREAT news!!! It is such a blessing that everyone is fine!!! As the old saying goes, "things" can be replaced, and you DID!!!!!

And in the big scheme of things, that was really the least important. We're just amazingly fortunate that we were all healthy and whole and able to even try and get all the "things" back in order!

Congratulations on your new camper & truck. Your camper is a beauty. That must be record time for totaling & replacing a camper. Enjoy the driveway camping. Good luck with it.

Thanks!

Gotta say Brian was on a mission on this one. He has a 2" thick binder with all the paperwork and stuff he's had to finagle to get all the ducks in a row, get the insurance sorted out, and get us back on the road. He's the best!!!

CONGRATS!

I'm glad y'all are doing well. Any problems with the pups?

They and we are all AOK. :)

Our bumps and bruises are mostly healed, and just as that very night, the pups are PERFECT - you'd never know what they've been through and I have no doubt that as soon as the truck is all setup with their new crates, they won't hesitate a lick to dive back in!

Can't say enough how amazingly lucky and blessed we are. This could have been sooooooooooo much worse - I dread even thinking of the possibilities.

Someone was definitely watching out for us!

They and we are all AOK. :)

Our bumps and bruises are mostly healed, and just as that very night, the pups are PERFECT - you'd never know what they've been through and I have no doubt that as soon as the truck is all setup with their new crates, they won't hesitate a lick to dive back in!

I was wondering, have the dogs been crated back in a vechicle since the accident?? If so, how did they react?

I was wondering, have the dogs been crated back in a vechicle since the accident?? If so, how did they react?

Not yet. We just got the truck a week ago and had to go out and buy a couple of new crates (couldn't salvage 2 of the 3).

However I'd be willing to bet there wont' be a second's hesitation for them to jump back in.

These are the same dogs that, after being on the road for almost 28 hours straight coming home from WDW, when we'd been home for an hour then were going to go out to grab some food and said "who wants to go for a ride?" they practically tore the door down to get outside. ;)

Congrats Monique! I'm glad that it all worked out, and you can put it behind you and GO CAMPING!!

Thanks Stef!!

Congrats on the new trailer..it looks great! Hope you have many great trips in it. By the way, would like to thank you for all the informative posts you always take the time to share with everyone..they are much appreciated! :bravo:

It's truly my pleasure! I'm just happy to do what I can to contribute, and if any of it is even a little bit helpful for people, all the better!

Weirdly enough, I actually find all this digging for content stuff FUN. (NERD ALERT!) :blink:

Then again, it's a topic near and dear to my heart. tinkerbell-246.gif

So glad you are back in business. I was traveling a lot while you were going through the accident and aftermath, and never actually saw those posts until now. Holy cow Monique! How scary, and what a blessing that you are here today to tell us about your new trailer!

One thing I didn't catch...did they ever find the SOB that cut you off??

How scary, and what a blessing that you are here today to tell us about your new trailer!

Amen to that!

One thing I didn't catch...did they ever find the SOB that cut you off??

Not that we know of. All we know from the police report is that a state trooper that came up behind him with his lights on en route to a call, and according to him, the other driver "over reacted" and just quickly pulled into our lane to get out of his way.

Problem is.... we were still IN our lane - all almost-50 feet of us!

The trooper saw the accident unfold in his rear view mirror and stopped and came back. No idea if the other driver even saw what happened, or if anyone caught a license plate number.

As awful as it is to say, I'm betting because there were only minor injuries, our insurance company had no problem paying out, and we're not looking to sue anyone, no one pursued it very much.

Was the TT and truck covered by the same insurance company and were you satisfied with the insurance settlement?

Yup - Metropolitan.

It was a bit of a hassle - they were a little lower on the truck than we'd have liked but they came through big time on the TT. In the end we were able to cover replacement costs and extended warranties for both, with a bit leftover to replace the few things we lost (hitch, new dog crates, etc.). All in all we're happy with the outcome.

They were mostly good to deal with, although could do a better job about checking their voice mail and remembering to call our cell phones and not the house during the day.

As I've said before - could have been much, MUCH worse.