Don't fret about it.

At this point they don't know where it's going to hit, but all the projections are putting it off the coast of Florida and looks like it will make landfall somewhere in Georgia/South Carolina - if it doesn't fizzle out first.

The worst that will happen will be that you will be evacuated from the Fort and put up at either the All-Star or Port Orleans.

NOAA always hypes up storms and the local TV stations really sensationalize them!!

Go ahead with your plans. All will be well.

Deb is right. That's one reason they have trouble getting people to evacuate anymore. The news people make every storm into the biggest ever, then it comes and it's not as bad as our summer thunderstorms. Then people say, "I'm not evacuating, I went to all that trouble and expense evacuating last time and that was a waste, the storm wasn't that bad." Jim Cantore needs to stay his butt in Atlanta or wherever the heck the Weather channel is along with Dr Lyons.

I hope that it is a non-event for y'all! Come on and enjoy your trip!

Pray that a tropical storm heads to TX in the near future. We haven't had measurable rain at my house since May. We've had 31 days over 100 in a row. It was 87 when I left home this morning at 6:15 AM and it is supposed to be 109 this afternoon. The news people are saying that most people (probably not those on the coast) would take the damage associated with a catagory 1-2 storm to get the rain associated with it.

We weathered Hurrican Jeane at Disney, actually not a problem. We were not at the Fort though. We only had 1 day we had nothing to do. We never lost power, and we spent that one day wandering around the 3 All-Stars taking pictures of the damage, and the cleanup. Not 10 minutes after it had passed, work crews were busy out at work.

Pray that a tropical storm heads to TX in the near future. We haven't had measurable rain at my house since May. We've had 31 days over 100 in a row. It was 87 when I left home this morning at 6:15 AM. The news people are saying that most people (probably not those on the coast) would take the damage associated with a catagory 1-2 storm to get the rain associated with it.

I hear ya, Judy. Same thing up here in Oklahoma. Today it's going to be 109. I love summer, but not this. I told my husband that if it weren't for my family and friends holding me back I'd put the house up for sale and have him look for a job in another state. He's a government employee so it'd be fairly easy, but I don't want to move my kids away from their grandparents. Our winter was extremely cold and now our summer is extremely hot. This better not be our new normal.

I hear ya, Judy. Same thing up here in Oklahoma. Today it's going to be 109. I love summer, but not this. I told my husband that if it weren't for my family and friends holding me back I'd put the house up for sale and have him look for a job in another state. He's a government employee so it'd be fairly easy, but I don't want to move my kids away from their grandparents. Our winter was extremely cold and now our summer is extremely hot. This better not be our new normal.

We've been having the same issues here in Michigan, This is one of the hottest summers we've had in a long time and not enough rain. We are expecting some storms today. I am actually looking forward to it :blink:

We got a storm Sunday to break out dry/heat spell. Wicked storm, 2.25inches in 1.5 hrs. At some point our weather station logged a rate of 4 inches/hr. Heat broke for about 36 hours, now humid and hot. But that is the summer in the low country.

Stay safe doodle!

The worst that will happen will be that you will be evacuated from the Fort and put up at either the All-Star or Port Orleans.

And will they let our pets stay in the hotel? I'm assuming not, which would be unacceptable for us. Guess we'd just relocate the moho and ride the storm out in it.

Jim Cantore needs to stay his butt in Atlanta or wherever the heck the Weather channel is along with Dr Lyons.

Amen!

How many shots do we need of a stop sign flapping in a breeze?

But, I did enjoy it when Al Roker was down here and got knocked down because the genius wanted to stand out in the wind to show the folks at home that it was, well, windy.

TCD

And will they let our pets stay in the hotel? I'm assuming not, which would be unacceptable for us. Guess we'd just relocate the moho and ride the storm out in it.

Let me let you in on a secret. What Disney doesn't know won't hurt them.

We were evacuated to POFQ when a tropical depression hit the weekend following 9/11/01. I sneaked our two kitties into the motel room in their carrier covered with a rain poncho. I'm sure I wasn't the first or the last to do this!

In retrospect, we should have just cranked up the genny and stayed in the MH with the cats. Cats do not like unfamiliar territories. (as in - there was a lot of meowing going on all night long :rofl2: )

Let me let you in on a secret. What Disney doesn't know won't hurt them.

We were evacuated to POFQ when a tropical depression hit the weekend following 9/11/01. I sneaked our two kitties into the motel room in their carrier covered with a rain poncho. I'm sure I wasn't the first or the last to do this!

In retrospect, we should have just cranked up the genny and stayed in the MH with the cats. Cats do not like unfamiliar territories. (as in - there was a lot of meowing going on all night long :rofl2: )

I agreee with you Deb. In the case of a hurricane, don't ask, don't tell!!! They are too worried about bunches of other stuff!!!

Amen!

How many shots do we need of a stop sign flapping in a breeze?

But, I did enjoy it when Al Roker was down here and got knocked down because the genius wanted to stand out in the wind to show the folks at home that it was, well, windy.

TCD

I don't understand this fascination the news/weather types have with live, on location reporting. I don't need to see a reporter standing in front of the court house at 6:00 AM, telling me about some guy who was arrested and book yesterday. It's not like we're going to see him or his attorney walk by at that hour. Geez!

One thing we have learned in Florida. Don't listen to the hype. No one knows where it will go until it goes there.

They make educated guesses. This is Tues. it could go anywhere by sat.

I wouldn't worry just have fun on your vaca.

Amen, if the locals get worried, then you can get worried.

The locals are still yawning. (at least I am)

Hope hurricane Emily doesn't mess with your plans. Just remember, hurricane Franklin right behind. BTW - my youngest daughter's birth name is Emily Franklin (she's married now). This is at least the second time that Emily and Franklin have followed each other on the hurricane name list. The last time was back around 2009.

As of 6am 8/3, the sustained winds are 50mph and going through Hispanola. Not a major storm by any means - heck - we've had worse "no name storms" than that.

The WRF model (most accurate model) has the storm staying well off the east coast of Florida and blowing itself out in the Atlantic. Of course, that can change in the course of 48 hours, but unlikely.

Because the storm is staying east of Florida, it will cause the state to be sunny and hot. The storm sucks all the clouds and rainfall to itself like a magnet, leaving everything to the west, clear.

The worst thing that will happen at the Fort is that all the locals will flock to the pool in an attempt to escape the heat.