Utility Trailer Policy Enforced???

Don't know if it's because I'm aware of it now, but for the last few weeks whenever I go to the Fort, which is about every other day, I've noticed a lot of utility trailers in the overflow lot.

Could it be that they're getting serious about enforcing the no trailer on the site rule?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A major inconsistency that I have seen is that since all of the underbrush was cleared, folks set up tents and screen rooms wherever they please. So, one strategy to help make space for vehicles, ca

We park our galvanized tow dolly in the overflow lot when we're at the Fort... I don't have an issue with parking it there. I do lock it up and get a parking pass from the front desk for it as long

I for one understand the rules and actually like it. Last time we went to the fort we were at one of our favorite sites 813. The neighbors actually had a huge tent set up behind our site and they mu

Yikes! last time we were there, we used our trailer for storing all sorts of stuff. It is my dh's landscaping trailer. We were hoping to not bring it for our next trip, but I hate feeling like I can't. OTOH, I know dh wouldn't want it in the over flow lot.

As you can see, we made good use of the extra space: disney2010002.jpg

If you have to park your trailer in overflow lock it real good or take the tires off of it lots of tralers have been stolen from there.

Really, lots of trailers stolen, since they've been enforcing the policy?

Can I ask where you're getting your info because I'd like to use it and present it to the Fort management so that they can be on the look out for it?

I can tell you this I know of over 10 from people I talked to and I bet there was a lot more

Are you saying that you've heard from 10 people that some trailers have been stolen or that at least 10 trailers have actually been stolen in the last few months?

Either way, that would be pretty shocking.

I'm actually just talking about since the new manager implemented the initiative of not allowing utility trailers on the sites.

Also, you don't think the change in the gate location this year has had any effect?

No way in hell that did anything once you are in you are in. To me it suck that management is forcing people to take their trailer to a unprotected area

There are a few ways to secure a trailer. One is to get a decent size chain and a good lock and run it thru the wheels of both tires. There are also other locks similar to the ones they lock cars up that have parking violations.

I know several people who left there's up front all summer and nothing was locked and not bothered. A friend of mine even left his $500 limo cart roof strapped on his and it wasn't bothered. Personally I would try to make room at the site. Though I've not heard of any trailer thefts I'm leary about leaving my truck or anything up there. One thing I will say is the po po cruise that lot at night a few times and are looking at vehicles without a pass. Not sure if they leave a note or something but I've seen them look inside with a flashlight.

Like Todd said if it looks difficult then they will move to one that's not.

So, that everyone is clear, this is the letter that the helpful Rangers pass out regarding this new rule:

100_0765.jpg

If you can park your trailer on your site so that the wheels are on the pad, then you are good to go.

This isn't hard on the premium sites, and with a little creative placement, can also be accomplished on the other site levels as well.

I have yet to see anything being done to enforce this rule with respect to golf carts not being on the pad, but I guess they might start doing that at some point.

TCD

So, that everyone is clear, this is the letter that the helpful Rangers pass out regarding this new rule:

100_0765.jpg

If you can park your trailer on your site so that the wheels are on the pad, then you are good to go.

This isn't hard on the premium sites, and with a little creative placement, can also be accomplished on the other site levels as well.

I have yet to see anything being done to enforce this rule with respect to golf carts not being on the pad, but I guess they might start doing that at some point.

TCD

I don't see anything wrong with this. One of the things that ruin the Disney "magic" for us is seeing sites that are overloaded with vehicles, golf carts & trailers parked all over the site instead of being neat & tidy and having everything parked on the pad. I just hope it's enforced equally to everyone.

I don't see anything wrong with this. One of the things that ruin the Disney "magic" for us is seeing sites that are overloaded with vehicles, golf carts & trailers parked all over the site instead of being neat & tidy and having everything parked on the pad. I just hope it's enforced equally to everyone.

A major inconsistency that I have seen is that since all of the underbrush was cleared, folks set up tents and screen rooms wherever they please.

So, one strategy to help make space for vehicles, carts and trailers would be to pull your picnic table off the pad, and set it up somewhere near your site.

Likewise, if you have space, you could set up your tent off of your pad, and keep your other stuff on the pad.

They used to strictly enforce the one vehicle per site rule.

But not anymore.

Now you can have whatever you want, as long as it's on the pad.

I agree- if these are the rules, and they are uniformly enforced, I have no problem with this.

TCD

We park our galvanized tow dolly in the overflow lot when we're at the Fort... I don't have an issue with parking it there. I do lock it up and get a parking pass from the front desk for it as long as its parked in the overflow.... The way I look at it, locks just keep the honest folk at bay. If a thief wants something, they are going to get it whatever the cost...