Utility Trailer Policy Enforced???

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A major inconsistency that I have seen is that since all of the underbrush was cleared, folks set up tents and screen rooms wherever they please. So, one strategy to help make space for vehicles, ca

We park our galvanized tow dolly in the overflow lot when we're at the Fort... I don't have an issue with parking it there. I do lock it up and get a parking pass from the front desk for it as long

I for one understand the rules and actually like it. Last time we went to the fort we were at one of our favorite sites 813. The neighbors actually had a huge tent set up behind our site and they mu

WDW management advertises premium campsites as suitable for tent campers.

Since that is the case, knowing that tents can't be staked on pavement, they are clearly giving the okay for this. Perhaps they feel that tents and people walking don't do the damage that tires on a vehicle do.

But, the poor guy with a motorhome and golf cart trailer next door is out of luck should he dare to park his trailer off to the side of his site.

Damn show-offs livin' large in their tents. :argh:

As long as you are following the rules that are agreed upon when renting the site, I don't believe whether people are "bothered" or not is relevant. If you are following the rules, it's none of their business.

I couldn't agree more!! This is Disney World, a family place. If all you want to see is expensive Class A's there are plenty of places in FL that cater to that.

I don't know what the rules are concerning tents as I have never camped in one at FW. As long as they allow them, people need to set them up somewhere.

So, the solution is ... wait for it ... buy a tent big enough to hide you trailer; park the trailer off to the side of your site; cover it with the tent ...

Bravo, pure genius I tell you. Finally an idea that makes sense. :yourock: :yourock:

Tents can be staked on the pavement in Prem sites. We were in 602 over the 4th this year, we were sitting there one day and MrsTnbob noticed that someone had driven concrete nails into the pavement. They were sticking up about a half inch. I got the hammer out and snapped them off and drove them in before someone with bare feet caught one and ripped as hole in their foot. I just find it amazing that people have little regard for other peoples property or safety.

Now I’m a little concerned. We are arriving for 1 week in October with a 5 x 8 utility trailer. We are between 2 shows, both in Orlando so we are taking the week between at FW. We are a vendor at dog shows and all our merchandise is in that trailer. We were planning to leave it in the overflow lot. I could put it on our site, but I really don’t want to take up that much room. We have a padlock on the back door and a hitch lock on the front. Do you think I need to take more precautions?

Tents can be staked on the pavement in Prem sites. We were in 602 over the 4th this year, we were sitting there one day and MrsTnbob noticed that someone had driven concrete nails into the pavement. They were sticking up about a half inch. I got the hammer out and snapped them off and drove them in before someone with bare feet caught one and ripped as hole in their foot. I just find it amazing that people have little regard for other peoples property or safety.

Hey that was me that did that.

Now I’m a little concerned. We are arriving for 1 week in October with a 5 x 8 utility trailer. We are between 2 shows, both in Orlando so we are taking the week between at FW. We are a vendor at dog shows and all our merchandise is in that trailer. We were planning to leave it in the overflow lot. I could put it on our site, but I really don’t want to take up that much room. We have a padlock on the back door and a hitch lock on the front. Do you think I need to take more precautions?

I really think you will be fine locking it up. If I was leaving it there I might throw a tire lock on it or a chain around the wheels. I know people who leave them up there for weeks at a time.