Utility Trailer Policy Enforced???

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A major inconsistency that I have seen is that since all of the underbrush was cleared, folks set up tents and screen rooms wherever they please. So, one strategy to help make space for vehicles, ca

We park our galvanized tow dolly in the overflow lot when we're at the Fort... I don't have an issue with parking it there. I do lock it up and get a parking pass from the front desk for it as long

I for one understand the rules and actually like it. Last time we went to the fort we were at one of our favorite sites 813. The neighbors actually had a huge tent set up behind our site and they mu

I for one understand the rules and actually like it. Last time we went to the fort we were at one of our favorite sites 813. The neighbors actually had a huge tent set up behind our site and they must have had at least 14 people on the one site and the numerous tents set up behind them and us along with a huge utility trailer. The best part of the trip was them realizing the checkout time the day they were to leave. We have never seen 14 idiots run and throw stuff in the RV and trailer so fast. The old man even slipped on the pooper hose and got coverd with crap. I had to laugh. The CM afterwards told me they were the worst group she has seen in years. Everthing these days have rules. Some we may not like and some we do, but if we don't own the place, we can't make our own rules. I feel bad for larger families or groups where getting everything on the pad will be tight and uncomfortable, but you can always reserve 2 sites.

I'm thrilled that the new management will be enforcing the "no trailers on site unless they fit on the pad" rule. We bring a cargo trailer with golf cart, decorations in tubs, etc. in it, and unload it in the overflow, load the decorations on the golf cart, lock that puppy up with padlocks, wheel locks and a tongue lock thing, and don't give it another thought till it's time to leave.

Why in the world would you need a trailer on your site?? Some of the sites are tight enough that maneuvering around vehicles and trailers that have "wheels on the pad" but the bed of the truck sticking out, or the tongue of the trailer jutting out are a pain..... just follow the rules, folks. That's all. Easy peasy.

I'm fine with any rule at the Fort that's designed to ensure that other people aren't being rude and inconsiderate and intruding on their neighbor's space/stuff/fun time.

(harumph)

What stinks is (as in all things) when they come up with over-the-top, nit picky, responsible-people-don't-need-them-they're-just-there-because-of-the-morons-that-won't-follow-them-anyway rules.

That said, I'm only in favor of the rules as a whole if they actually enforce them - fairly and consistently.

Never been their strong suit... we'll see if things have really changed.

we have never had a problem with our trailer in the front. it is locked and we scoot up there every now and then to see that it is still okay.

there are times when we keep it on our site, too. it normally fits right behind us. dh just backs the whole thing right into the spot. we don't take a car and a lot of sites are long enough.

I agree with some of the posts,, campsites ARE not for utility trailers, they are for CAMPERS. some of the utility trailers that we have seen should not have been towed let alone parked on a campsite, makeshift, falling apart, not someting you want to look at on a campsite. on our last trip, the site behind us, the campers were trying so hard to keep their trailer on their site that they were almost backed up to our motorhome and the trailer looked like something from sanford and son's and looked as if they brought the whole house with them,, something i do not want to sit @ my campsite and stare at,, utility trailers belong in the overflow lot,, KEEP the fort campsites a site to look at,, not a yard sale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :popo:

Okay, this thread is making me feel snarky ...

Are you bothered by the sight of this?

Site1.jpg

Chances are that you wouldn't even notice the trailer if you weren't looking for it.

Not being able to have the trailer on our site would certainly cause us to visit WDW less often. We have a nice Featherlite trailer. DH would NOT leave it in the overflow lot for a couple of reasons -- one is potential theft, and the other is that departure day would be so much more difficult having to take the time to maneuver the moho in the overflow lot to hook up.

IMHO saying you don't want to be beside me because of my utility trailer would be like me saying I don't want a tent or a pop-up beside me. It's snobbish, and I won't be like that.

Surely we've all been around situations in various campgrounds that we don't want to be subjected to. But it's just part of camping. Not everyone wants the same thing, and not everyone can afford the same thing. What we DO have in common is a love of the lifestyle!

I'm not worried about what things look like, as that's a subjective thing and, aside from maybe making me roll my eyes a bit, doesn't really effect me.

What I do get concerned about is that whatever my neighbors have going on, it's not impeding on my space or my ability to drive around the loop I'm in without feeling like I'm in an obstacle course.

If their extra tent is 2' from my camper (and that's the one full of teenagers who stay up all night carousing) or I can't negotiate my truck around the loop because the 3 full-size pickup trucks parked at the end of their site are hanging out into the road... that's a problem.

That and just that the rules are applied fairly.

When I get a little "love note" in my golf cart because we put 2 wheels on the pine needles to plug in the charger, and "Mr. 3 Trucks" has those things parked there for a solid week...

That gets my Snarky up.

If their extra tent is 2' from my camper (and that's the one full of teenagers who stay up all night carousing) or I can't negotiate my truck around the loop because the 3 full-size pickup trucks parked at the end of their site are hanging out into the road... that's a problem.

That and just that the rules are applied fairly.

When I get a little "love note" in my golf cart because we put 2 wheels on the pine needles to plug in the charger, and "Mr. 3 Trucks" has those things parked there for a solid week...

That gets my Snarky up.

Good post, Monique!

This is my problem with the new policy and the enforcement of it.

The rule should simply be, whatever you bring, it must be set up on your pad. If you can't fit all of your crap, get another campsite.

That's simple enough.

If that was the rule, and it was enforced, fine.

But, they let people put tents and screenrooms wherever they want. And some people can have vehicles parked off their pads, but some can't.

It isn't that complicated.

But, they make it unnecessarily complicated.

And, that is annoying.

TCD

To illustrate one of my complaints about this policy, here's a photo of a campsite I took on Saturday, August 13:

100_1772.jpg

WDW management advertises premium campsites as suitable for tent campers.

But, since these sites are all pavement, a lot of folks would have a hard time setting up a tent on a premium site.

So this type of thing happens.

That leaves plenty of space for cars.

Under the current rules, I guess these folks could have 8 cars and a few trailers on their pavement, along with those tents.

But, the poor guy with a motorhome and golf cart trailer next door is out of luck should he dare to park his trailer off to the side of his site.

Does that make any sense?

TCD

To illustrate one of my complaints about this policy, here's a photo of a campsite I took on Saturday, August 13:

100_1772.jpg

But, since these sites are all pavement, a lot of folks would have a hard time setting up a tent on a premium site.

Under the current rules, I guess these folks could have 8 cars and a few trailers on their pavement, along with those tents.

But, the poor guy with a motorhome and golf cart trailer next door is out of luck should he dare to park his trailer off to the side of his site.

TCD

No it makes no sense at all :-\

Site1.jpg

Chances are that you wouldn't even notice the trailer if you weren't looking for it.

Not being able to have the trailer on our site would certainly cause us to visit WDW less often. We have a nice Featherlite trailer. DH would NOT leave it in the overflow lot for a couple of reasons -- one is potential theft, and the other is that departure day would be so much more difficult having to take the time to maneuver the moho in the overflow lot to hook up.

IMHO saying you don't want to be beside me because of my utility trailer would be like me saying I don't want a tent or a pop-up beside me. It's snobbish, and I won't be like that.

Surely we've all been around situations in various campgrounds that we don't want to be subjected to. But it's just part of camping. Not everyone wants the same thing, and not everyone can afford the same thing. What we DO have in common is a love of the lifestyle!

I have no problem with your set up. We have an Aluma trailer for our golf cart and there is no way that trailer is staying anywhere but behind our motor home when we're at the Fort. It's small, it fits behind the MH & it doesn't bother anyone.

And for those of you who don't think trailers get stolen, one of our neighbors had TWO aluminum trailers stolen from the overflow lot. They were both chained and had tongue locks. Because they were aluminum and light weight - they were easy targets.

I also have big time problems with people who park their trucks in such a way that they hang out into the street. Their mind-set is, "I'm all set up. I don't give a rat's ass about being in anyone else's way."

I have no problem with your set up. We have an Aluma trailer for our golf cart and there is no way that trailer is staying anywhere but behind our motor home when we're at the Fort. It's small, it fits behind the MH & it doesn't bother anyone.

And for those of you who don't think trailers get stolen, one of our neighbors had TWO aluminum trailers stolen from the overflow lot. They were both chained and had tongue locks. Because they were aluminum and light weight - they were easy targets.

I also have big time problems with people who park their trucks in such a way that they hang out into the street. Their mind-set is, "I'm all set up. I don't give a rat's ass about being in anyone else's way."

But they would sure be PO'd if somebody hit their truck :argh:

Sorry about the sign! That was our last pre Fort Fiends trip. I didn't know any better.

As long as you are following the rules that are agreed upon when renting the site, I don't believe whether people are "bothered" or not is relevant. If you are following the rules, it's none of their business.

100_1772.jpg

TCD

Do the current rules allow more than 1 vehicle (not including camper) per campsite? I didn't think they did.

Rules used to state one vehicle per site/cabin.

There's some question as to whether that's changed or not.

Regardless, it's probably THE most often broken and unenforced rule at the Fort.

Personally I'm of the opinion it should be, as long as all your stuff fits on your site, it doesn't matter how much of it there is.