3 Generations of NY family die in I-95 wreck in NC

This is sad what is even sadder is that they passed us going at least 80 and cutting people off then crashed about a 1/2 mile ahead of us. We were stopped for 2 hours on I-95 then had to turn around with the trailer in the and go south in the north lanes to get detoured. It really breaks my heart to see how much aggressive driving can rip a family apart. All I can say is wear your seat belts folks and SLOW DOWN there is no place that you need to get to that fast.

This is sad what is even sadder is that they passed us going at least 80 and cutting people off then crashed about a 1/2 mile ahead of us. We were stopped for 2 hours on I-95 then had to turn around with the trailer in the and go south in the north lanes to get detoured. It really breaks my heart to see how much aggressive driving can rip a family apart. All I can say is wear your seat belts folks and SLOW DOWN there is no place that you need to get to that fast.

Wow! That is scary. I am going to add in a prayer of thanksgiving that you all are safe. :heart:

I am so sorry to hear about the family but so glad you weren't in the way when it happened!

Oh my! Such a terribly sad story, but thank goodness you weren't hurt!

DH mentioned this when he got home yesterday. Such a sad, sad thing.

I can attest to this! When DD was about 2, I hit some gravel and went off the road, rolling the car. I've never been so glad to hear a child cry in my life. As much as I detest seatbelts, you don't ride with me unless you're buckled up! Glad you and your family are safe, Campingpixi!

So sad ! I saw this in our local paper, as we live on the NC Coast, about 90 miles from this crash. I can only imagine how much fun this family of Grandparents, grandchildren, and children had during their Disney trip. And how heartbreaking for the surviving family. We will have them in our prayers.

The title says it all. Three generations of one family were killed while heading home from Disney yesterday. What a horrible story this is Full Article

We too were on our way back home from the Fort the day this happened, but we didn't get caught in the delays. It's really sad this has to happen to anyone.

I-95 through NC has been in need of repairs for a long time. Its too narrow in some places, and the pavement is just in bad shape in others. There are numerous reports of folks wrecking between the NC/VA line and the Fayetteville area almost every other weekend. There has been talk of making I-95 a toll road the entire length of the state to fund its upgrade, but like everything else its hung up on red tape. Maybe someday it will get fixed.