Down by the Riverside (and Fort): A TCD End of Summer Trip Report

You'd have to take two monorails though. The Epcot MR goes to TTC. You'd have to get to MK to catch the boat to FW.

I would take the WL/FW bus from Epcot. That bus doesn't have to deal with the numbers of people that the buses for the very large resorts have to, so it's not that bad and it's only about a 15 minute ride to the Outpost.

Remember folks, most WDW buses now are designed for standing and not sitting. If it's a fully loaded bus, more people will be standing than sitting.

Now I remember that. We haven't had any problems with Disney Transpo of any kind but sometimes the variety is nice and the kids like the monorail.

Lou, have you done a transportation thread? I bet you could do a whole thread of the best ways to use the transportation system at WDW.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's about time!!! :argh:

Just kidding, but patience is NOT one of my virtues. I've been in & out all day waiting for an update. Yeah, I've been called a slave driver thousands of times.

I also remember when the Fort was much "greener" It was so nice to have a site that had thick buffers between them. Oh well, gotta roll with the times I guess.

I am with the girls on Dinosaur. I like the ride enough, but I usually have my head down or my eyes closed when the dinosaur comes out.

What is this " I don't like Primeval Whirl" stuff? I actually like that ride because it makes me feel like a big girl! It's kind of roller coasterish, without making me squeal. I wonder why they haven't reopened it?

If I ever get up the nerve to ride EE, you'd better pray that you don't get seated next to me. I'm sure I would scream, maybe cry, and possibly wet myself. No joke!

It must be tough to have to be the tie breaker between the girls. Do you ever get "Dad, you always take her side!!" :)) They always look so happy in the pictures. Do they ever fight?

I don't know how I missed seeing this TR before this afternoon, but I'm glad I found it now!

Reading these reports always puts a smile on my face! :D Even when I realize its going to be a couple of years before we'll be able to get back to the World. :-[

We've stayed at POR back in '98 when it was still Dixie Landings and enjoyed it. I don't think we'll ever stay at a value-- the extra cost for a mod is worth it, and then we'll be staying at the Fort more often. Speaking of which, waiting to see what new things you could possibly find.....

Reading these reports always puts a smile on my face!

Me too!

I wonder if it has anything to do with the writer and why he has the rep he has?

I have stayed at POR many times and never knew about Bob. I wonder why? He sounds fun!

There are so many little hidden treasures at WDW that sometimes we need someone to discover them for us.

I'm sure that if you stay there again, you'll check out Bob.

I like dinosaur. I hate Primeval Whirl. I have been on EE once, that was enough thank you very much. KRR is great but we usually make it the last ride of our day. Most of all I envy the kids sticking their heads in the fountain. On a hot day it makes me wish I were a kid again.

Na Na Noo Noo, Genia, I haven't hijacked this TR at all :rofl2:

It's nice to see a resort like port orleanes to offer so much stuff simillar to the fort. Any time we stayed at a disney resort except for the time at the French Quarter it has always been a value resort. We could just never see the point of spending so much money for a hotel room. At the rate you got nowadays, that's not bad with all the amenities. Is the new Tortuga rest. the old Peco Bills? We usually always ate at Peco Bills and it really wasn't too bad. Animal Kingdom looks fun. We have never been. We actually splurged a few years ago and got a 2 day any park pass and since the wife had never been to DHS we went. I kinda felt the same way she did when we left. Although DHS is great, we thought the price for a single day admission would have been better spent at MK or Epcot. Friends of ours said the same about AK. As stated earlier, when the day comes we get the AP it will be fun to hop around.

It's nice to see a resort like port orleanes to offer so much stuff simillar to the fort. Any time we stayed at a disney resort except for the time at the French Quarter it has always been a value resort. We could just never see the point of spending so much money for a hotel room. At the rate you got nowadays, that's not bad with all the amenities. Is the new Tortuga rest. the old Peco Bills? We usually always ate at Peco Bills and it really wasn't too bad. Animal Kingdom looks fun. We have never been. We actually splurged a few years ago and got a 2 day any park pass and since the wife had never been to DHS we went. I kinda felt the same way she did when we left. Although DHS is great, we thought the price for a single day admission would have been better spent at MK or Epcot. Friends of ours said the same about AK. As stated earlier, when the day comes we get the AP it will be fun to hop around.

Tortuga was El Pirate Parita (or something to that effect)

1. I was surprised at all of the activities offered at POR. They have a campfire and a movie. And, pool games. Plus the entertainment by Yehaw Bob in the bar. Add to that a slide and water features in the pool, and a really nicely themed food court, and the boat ride to Downtown Disney, and I think it is worth the extra cost over a value resort.

2. As Carol and Doodle said, Pecos Bill is still there. But it shares a seating area with the Tortuga Tavern.

3. Your kids might really enjoy AK. They have a really nice Dinosaur themed play area called the Boneyard. That was huge with my kids when they were younger. Also, Rafiki's Planet Watch has a petting zoo and some pretty interesting animal exhibits. They would certainly enjoy the safari ride, and there are walking paths with lots of animals that you can see close up. Then there are shows like the Festival of the Lion King and Flights of Wonder. I think you would feel like you got your money's worth on a visit to AK.

Tortuga was El Pirate Parita (or something to that effect)

I knew it was El Pirate something or other. You did better than I would have done with that name.

You were close carol. It was El Pirata y el Perico

Ah ha!

That's it.

What a crazy name for a restaurant.

Who can even say that?

I didn't know what it meant, so I googled it. It means "The Pirate and the Parrot." I had no idea.

And I have yet to ever be in the MK when this place was actually open.

It apparently had been open this past week, but they closed at 3:30 on Friday and Saturday afternoon.

Why?

I don't know.

I think Mexican food is more popular than ever these days.

TCD

I didn't know what it meant, so I googled it. It means "The Pirate and the Parrot." I had no idea.

And I have yet to ever be in the MK when this place was actually open.

It apparently had been open this past week, but they closed at 3:30 on Friday and Saturday afternoon.

Why?

I don't know.

I think Mexican food is more popular than ever these days.

TCD

Darn it - I was going to tell you it meant The Pirate and the Parrot!

I've never seen it open either - and I've wanted to try it out because I've heard it isn't bad for a counter service. Sort of like the Egg Roll stands - I've never seen those open, either.

Darn it - I was going to tell you it meant The Pirate and the Parrot!

I've never seen it open either - and I've wanted to try it out because I've heard it isn't bad for a counter service. Sort of like the Egg Roll stands - I've never seen those open, either.

1. You snooze. You lose.

2. Egg roll stands? I don't think I have even seen one. And I know I have never gotten an egg roll at WDW. But, I would like to try one. The Noodle Station on the way to Tomorrowland was the same way for us- I really wanted to try it, but it was never open. I have heard good things about the tacos, too. Mark my words, I am going to get one of those danged tacos soon!

TCD

1. You snooze. You lose.

2. Egg roll stands? I don't think I have even seen one. And I know I have never gotten an egg roll at WDW. But, I would like to try one. The Noodle Station on the way to Tomorrowland was the same way for us- I really wanted to try it, but it was never open. I have heard good things about the tacos, too. Mark my words, I am going to get one of those danged tacos soon!

TCD

It's really too bad that they aren't open all the time. The food is actually very good and a nice change of pace from a burger or chicken nuggets :unsure:

TCD

Once in a blue moon, the Corn Dog & Egg Roll Kiosk is supposed to be out and set up in Magic Kingdom’s Adventureland. I've never seen it, but others have ...

WDW-sign.jpg

Corn-Dogs-and-Egg-Rolls.jpg

Corn-Dogs-and-Egg-Rolls.jpg

I guess the big balls are corn dogs? Not into corn dogs too much, but they look good. ;)

TCD, I wish you had a twin too! If one is good, two must be better.

I am an only child (Yes, spoiled) so sibling relationships are interesting to me, especially twins. Is it your side or Mrs TCD's side of the family that has the twin genes?