Parking Restrictions at the Fort

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why do they do this just on the holiday weekends? I know there will be more people there on a holiday and of course more freeloaders, but we need this all the time. Freeloaders and local abusers are

Dave- What about the Rangers? Any signs of them? On the 4th of July they were wearing regular castmember costumes, and patrolling by golf cart or segway. Here are my bold predictions for the weekend

Disney issued the notice strictly because of the Labor Day weekend.

Well, last Labor Day weekend, they hosted a triathlon in the Fort.

Why not? They can fill up the campground with paying customers, and then rake in some extra dough by allowing outsiders to come and use all of the facilities that the campers are paying full price for. Genius. It's a win/win for Disney and a lose/lose for the campers.

It looks like that particular event has been moved to another venue this year.

That said, I predict that there won't be anything effective done to keep out the freeloaders this weekend.

TCD

Why not? They can fill up the campground with paying customers, and then rake in some extra dough by allowing outsiders to come and use all of the facilities that the campers are paying full price for. Genius. It's a win/win for Disney and a lose/lose for the campers.

That said, I predict that there won't be anything effective done to keep out the freeloaders this weekend.

TCD

I've seen more Security around the last 2 days, and the crowd isn't here yet, than I've ever seen. Even saw two guys on bikes (security vests and radios) and one car parked by the Settlement TP. We'll just have to see how it goes.

re: visitors

When we were there in November, we tried to be good doobies and called up front to ask about having family come visit us for the day, and what was the procedure.

We were told they should tell the guard they were visiting us in site # and that they wouldn't have a problem getting in.

They didn't and we met them in the parking lot and picked them up with our cart.

Now that said, it wasn't a holiday weekend and I have no idea if anyone checked to see that the name/# they gave was actually us. ;)

But really - that would be a super easy solution to people that are truly visiting people staying at the Fort. I mean, how hard can it be to check a site number and make sure that the person's name matches?

I've seen more Security around the last 2 days, and the crowd isn't here yet, than I've ever seen. Even saw two guys on bikes (security vests and radios) and one car parked by the Settlement TP. We'll just have to see how it goes.

Dave-

What about the Rangers? Any signs of them? On the 4th of July they were wearing regular castmember costumes, and patrolling by golf cart or segway.

Here are my bold predictions for the weekend, once the crowds arrive:

1. They will have two dimwit castmembers directing traffic each evening at the three way stop by the Settlement. To make matters more interesting and congested, they will cone off the ingress/egress from the 100 loop by the Settlement Trading Post. This will cause congestion and back-ups, and maybe some near bus/golf cart collisions.

2. On one morning of the weekend, maybe two, two or three dimwit castmembers will arrive at the pool and pass out American flag wristbands to all who can produce a resort ID. Maybe a few freeloaders will be caught and asked to leave. But, then nobody will check wristbands for the rest of the day, and the pool will be crammed full. The freeloaders by now have figured out how this works, and will still arrive with their coolers and enjoy the pool for free all weekend. Then they will pile in to the 1500 loop comfort station and use all of the showers and get changed to go somewhere to enjoy their next activity.

3. Every evening, several dimwit castmembers will patrol the loops and put notes on all cars that do not have all four wheels on the pavement of the site. To keep things interesting, they will nit pick some campers, while allowing others to get away with the same violation. This lack of consistency appears to be how they entertain themselves.

4. Some dimwit castmembers will be riding around on golf carts and keeping everybody safe by stopping people on bikes and telling some of them to ride on the sidewalk, and others to ride on the road. Also, if you have an adult beverage in a red cup on your golf cart, they may stop and ask you to dump out your drink. In the meantime, you will see several modes of transportation that are on the banned list driving around, along with golf carts overloaded with young people and operated by 12 year old drivers. The dimwit castmembers will wave to all of these folks.

5. Should you have any legitimate visitors who want to come and visit your site, they will be appropriately harassed by the rent-a-cops in the guard house. Maybe they will be sent to the Wilderness Lodge to park so there will be enough parking spaces reserved for the local freeloaders who will be visiting the pool.

Let me know if I get any of these right.

And, have a great weekend!

TCD

TCD

TDC have they ever ran a triathlon throught the Beach Club and Boardwalk area? Have they ever ran a triathlon around and throught the Poly,GF and Contp? Funny to me

Dave-

What about the Rangers? Any signs of them? On the 4th of July they were wearing regular castmember costumes, and patrolling by golf cart or segway.

Here are my bold predictions for the weekend, once the crowds arrive:

1. They will have two dimwit castmembers directing traffic each evening at the three way stop by the Settlement. To make matters more interesting and congested, they will cone off the ingress/egress from the 100 loop by the Settlement Trading Post. This will cause congestion and back-ups, and maybe some near bus/golf cart collisions.

2. On one morning of the weekend, maybe two, two or three dimwit castmembers will arrive at the pool and pass out American flag wristbands to all who can produce a resort ID. Maybe a few freeloaders will be caught and asked to leave. But, then nobody will check wristbands for the rest of the day, and the pool will be crammed full. The freeloaders by now have figured out how this works, and will still arrive with their coolers and enjoy the pool for free all weekend. Then they will pile in to the 1500 loop comfort station and use all of the showers and get changed to go somewhere to enjoy their next activity.

3. Every evening, several dimwit castmembers will patrol the loops and put notes on all cars that do not have all four wheels on the pavement of the site. To keep things interesting, they will nit pick some campers, while allowing others to get away with the same violation. This lack of consistency appears to be how they entertain themselves.

4. Some dimwit castmembers will be riding around on golf carts and keeping everybody safe by stopping people on bikes and telling some of them to ride on the sidewalk, and others to ride on the road. Also, if you have an adult beverage in a red cup on your golf cart, they may stop and ask you to dump out your drink. In the meantime, you will see several modes of transportation that are on the banned list driving around, along with golf carts overloaded with young people and operated by 12 year old drivers. The dimwit castmembers will wave to all of these folks.

5. Should you have any legitimate visitors who want to come and visit your site, they will be appropriately harassed by the rent-a-cops in the guard house. Maybe they will be sent to the Wilderness Lodge to park so there will be enough parking spaces reserved for the local freeloaders who will be visiting the pool.

TCD

Sounds about right.

two dimwit castmembers directing traffic

maybe two, two or three dimwit castmembers

several dimwit castmembers

Some dimwit castmembers

The dimwit castmembers

I'm sensing a reoccurring theme here.

Remember though that the dimwit CMs are just doing what the idiot managers are telling them to do.

Dave-

TCD

We have seen two Rangers (at least they had signs on the GC that said that). One was down by the Marina last night and another went by on a GC this evening. Security vehicles have been through 100 at least 3 times since about 4 today. Haven't seen the bike guys this evening but we had some pretty heavy rains.

TCD, they put permanent poles up so you can no longer go down the sidewalk by Fiesty's on a cart anymore. I'm sure they can lift them up but they did close that.

Management/Security were checking those last night as well. Haven't seen anybody go down that walk since we've been here, including CM.

TDC have they ever ran a triathlon throught the Beach Club and Boardwalk area? Have they ever ran a triathlon around and throught the Poly,GF and Contp? Funny to me

You know, I don't think they ever have.

I wonder why not?

I'll tell you why.

People paying through the nose to stay at those resorts would raise holy hell if their resorts were opened up to a huge outside group who would come in and use all of their facilities and interrupt their transportation.

But, us scummy campers, who are paying $100 and up for a slab of concrete, a spigot and two electric outlets don't count.

I'm sensing a reoccurring theme here.

Remember though that the dimwit CMs are just doing what the idiot managers are telling them to do.

You raise a good point.

But I still stand by my original predictions. The Fort appears to be the place where they assign the dimmest of the dimwits.

TCD, they put permanent poles up so you can no longer go down the sidewalk by Fiesty's on a cart anymore. I'm sure they can lift them up but they did close that.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!

That suck for me

For me too!

Management/Security were checking those last night as well. Haven't seen anybody go down that walk since we've been here, including CM.

Figures.

Here's my problem with shutting down that ingress/egress: The three way stop out where Big Pine Drive and Fort Wilderness Trail meet the path to the Settlement is already congested. And dangerous. This 100 loop outlet provided a way for golf carts to enter and exit the Settlement area and bypass that three way stop. Now, more golf cart traffic has been forced into the already overburdened three way stop area.

That is just stupid.

Instead of designing a solution to the problem, they just send a bunch of dimwit castmembers there to attempt to manage the chaos that they have created by their own stupidity.

The pool is the same thing. The pool is clearly too small for this resort. It always has been. But instead of increasing its size, or maybe even building another pool, they just send a bunch of dimwit castmembers there when there is an inevitable issue resulting from the overcrowding and the use of the pool by non-guests, who come and go freely.

And while I am talking about the pool and golf carts, another stupid thing they did is close two access points to the Meadow Recreation area, but then do nothing to improve or make safer the only remaining access point. Now, every golf cart must enter and leave the Meadow Recreation area via the same narrow path that existed when there were two alternative paths. And, they also put the bike parking right next to this path so every golf cart must pass the bike parking area. Stupid.

The Fort is a great place, and I will continue to visit it, but my visits are a lot less pleasant because of the poor management.

TCD

You know, I don't think they ever have.

I wonder why not?

I'll tell you why.

People paying through the nose to stay at those resorts would raise holy hell if their resorts were opened up to a huge outside group who would come in and use all of their facilities and interrupt their transportation.

But, us scummy campers, who are paying $100 and up for a slab of concrete, a spigot and two electric outlets don't count.

You raise a good point.

But I still stand by my original predictions. The Fort appears to be the place where they assign the dimmest of the dimwits.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!

For me too!

Figures.

Here's my problem with shutting down that ingress/egress: The three way stop out where Big Pine Drive and Fort Wilderness Trail meet the path to the Settlement is already congested. And dangerous. This 100 loop outlet provided a way for golf carts to enter and exit the Settlement area and bypass that three way stop. Now, more golf cart traffic has been forced into the already overburdened three way stop area.

That is just stupid.

Instead of designing a solution to the problem, they just send a bunch of dimwit castmembers there to attempt to manage the chaos that they have created by their own stupidity.

The pool is the same thing. The pool is clearly too small for this resort. It always has been. But instead of increasing its size, or maybe even building another pool, they just send a bunch of dimwit castmembers there when there is an inevitable issue resulting from the overcrowding and the use of the pool by non-guests, who come and go freely.

And while I am talking about the pool and golf carts, another stupid thing they did is close two access points to the Meadow Recreation area, but then do nothing to improve or make safer the only remaining access point. Now, every golf cart must enter and leave the Meadow Recreation area via the same narrow path that existed when there were two alternative paths. And, they also put the bike parking right next to this path so every golf cart must pass the bike parking area. Stupid.

The Fort is a great place, and I will continue to visit it, but my visits are a lot less pleasant because of the poor management.

TCD

They need to reopen the 1400 loop access to the camp fire. Also if they closed the access to golf carts through 100 loop for the marina, then they should let you come in and out from the 300 loop. That would work better then the 100 loop and help with congestion.

Ooopps...I'm not perfect, your right $7.31 As TCD stated dimwit CM's I guess is alright. That's great that CM make more than minimum wage, but that's not the point of this story

You just have to keep in mind that a universal tag such as "dimwitted CM's" might not sit well with the CM's on the board.

Thanks Lone Star. I'm not leaving. This place is great!

I'm glad, I was about to post some kind of "let's get along" quote. I'm glad I don't have to go find one. I have definitely had to develop a thick skin here because some people at times can go a little beyond snarky to hurtful without realizing it or meaning to I hope. Bottom line: "I'm glad you're here!" I enjoyed your TR and hope to read more!