Parking Restrictions at the Fort

The parking lot at the Fort will be restricted to only those staying at the Fort or with a dining or recreation reservation.

Anyone else wishing to visit the Fort for dining or recreation activities who do not have a reservation will have to park at the Wilderness Lodge. They will then have to take the bus to the Fort.

Geez, how will I ever get in on Sat?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why do they do this just on the holiday weekends? I know there will be more people there on a holiday and of course more freeloaders, but we need this all the time. Freeloaders and local abusers are

Dave- What about the Rangers? Any signs of them? On the 4th of July they were wearing regular castmember costumes, and patrolling by golf cart or segway. Here are my bold predictions for the weekend

The parking lot at the Fort will be restricted to only those staying at the Fort or with a dining or recreation reservation.

Anyone else wishing to visit the Fort for dining or recreation activities who do not have a reservation will have to park at the Wilderness Lodge. They will then have to take the bus to the Fort.

Geez, how will I ever get in on Sat?

Make a dining reservation at Trails End and then not show up for it? :dance:

Make a dining reservation at Trails End and then not show up for it?

Oh no, you didn't really say that, did you?

I doubt that the veteran Fiends will have any problem getting in. They know the drill.

I'm able to go in through the CM entrance, unless I get fired before then.

if it is like always I have a key card, they so far haven't looked at them i just flash it. I have used one that was 2 years old, I hope it works otherwise all we have to do is say we are coming to see you.

Why do they do this just on the holiday weekends? I know there will be more people there on a holiday and of course more freeloaders, but we need this all the time. Freeloaders and local abusers are just that. Fort Fiends who want to visit friends will always find a way around this and get in which is fine. It's the people that abuse the fort is the ones we should keep out. If the crappy Fort Managment thought of this on a daily basis, we could enjoy the pool more, the picnic shelter more and have less people who just don't belong. The $7.35 an hour traffic people at the intersections kill me though. I suppose Halloween night would be an exception with all the traffic. You couldn't catch me dead there on th 10/31, but that's my opinion. Not to keep riding a dead horse but we pay big bucks for a cement pad and a rusty grill. We should at least get the decency daily of the secuirty keeping abusers out. Please don't get snarky Lou....lol

Why do they do this just on the holiday weekends? I know there will be more people there on a holiday and of course more freeloaders, but we need this all the time. Freeloaders and local abusers are just that. Fort Fiends who want to visit friends will always find a way around this and get in which is fine. It's the people that abuse the fort is the ones we should keep out. If the crappy Fort Managment thought of this on a daily basis, we could enjoy the pool more, the picnic shelter more and have less people who just don't belong. The $7.35 an hour traffic people at the intersections kill me though. I suppose Halloween night would be an exception with all the traffic. You couldn't catch me dead there on th 10/31, but that's my opinion. Not to keep riding a dead horse but we pay big bucks for a cement pad and a rusty grill. We should at least get the decency daily of the secuirty keeping abusers out. Please don't get snarky Lou....lol

I agree with this!! Personally, I think the parking lot should be put back the way it was, OR put some type of gate into the loops area. If they would do that, AND monitor the pool, then I would feel comfortable about it.

I don't mind folks visiting the Fort, but just like the other resorts, the pool should be off limits to non-guests, and the loops should be off limits to non-guests vehicles. I don't think too many folks wander the room hallways of the other resorts, why should folks be allowed to wander our "hallways" in their vehicle!!

I agree with this!! Personally, I think the parking lot should be put back the way it was, OR put some type of gate into the loops area. If they would do that, AND monitor the pool, then I would feel comfortable about it.

I don't mind folks visiting the Fort, but just like the other resorts, the pool should be off limits to non-guests, and the loops should be off limits to non-guests vehicles. I don't think too many folks wander the room hallways of the other resorts, why should folks be allowed to wander our "hallways" in their vehicle!!

Thanks Carol. I personally thought I would catch hell for my post ;)

Well said and I agree about 10/31. We were there in 2010 on that weekend while it was fun meeting people the Fort was nuts.

Lou -

Is this just for the coming weekend or will it be a regular rule? Now that Rick's knees are getting back to normal - and the weather will soon be cooling down - we want to get back to riding our bikes at the Fort. I suppose we could park at W.L. and ride the path. Not that big of an inconvenience.

Just for the record....I don't use the pool when I'm staying at the Fort. I'm sure as heck not going to use it when I'm not staying there.

I'm a local...and proud of it!

Disney needs to put the old 80's-90's gate back up you had to use your KTTW card to get to Fort Wilderness Tr

I did, but I wasn't being serious.

Neither was I, but I do that at the CR & Poly from time to time.

The $7.35 an hour traffic people at the intersections kill me though.

That sounds like a Snarky remark to me. Keep up the good work.

So you're saying that the traffic people make minimum wage?

Just so you know Mr. 71, the minimum wage in Florida is $7.31.

I know some people wish to believe that big bad Disney under pays and takes advantage of their employees, but last time I checked, all hourly CMs made more than the minimum wage.

Is this just for the coming weekend or will it be a regular rule?

It's just for this weekend.