I needed a break from a 30 year engineering career so I decided to take a break. I think I’ll work at WDW.

I applied and got a job at the WL.

Six months later, Ok, that’s enough playing around, back to engineering.

I needed a break from a 33 year engineering career so I decide to take a break. I think I’ll work at WDW.

I applied and got a job at the YC

I needed a break from a 36 year engineering career so I decided to take a break. I think I’ll work at WDW.

I applied and got a job at the GF

I needed a break from a 39 year engineering career so I decided to take a break. I think I’ll work at WDW.

I applied and got a job at the WL

I needed to end a 42 year engineering career. I'm burnt out. I think I’ll work at WDW.

I applied and got a job in transportation.

Three years later, I’m still at it.

My original hire date was 15 years ago today. That's when my relationship with Disney began.

Even though I stayed only six months or so the first four times, they've welcomed me back each time and have offered me very interesting positions.

You're nothing if not consistent, Lou! :rofl2:

Gotta say it's amazing and pretty cool that you kept returning to WDW and seem to have settled there... for now at least.

I love hearing of your CM experiences and personally I think the reason WDW always welcomed you back was because they know a good thing when they see it. :)

What's your background in engineering?

I am thinking very seriously about going back to school next year to get an engineering degree (civil or environmental). I have a degree in chemistry already, but the company that I work for really likes engineers. Any advice for a potential middle aged student?

What's your background in engineering?

I specialized in factory automation and robotics.

I am thinking very seriously about going back to school next year to get an engineering degree (civil or environmental).

Any advice for a potential middle aged student?

I never got a engineering degree and never felt that I needed one.

At best, I have the equivalent of a 9th grade academic education, so I'm not the best person to give advice on college and degrees.

Some people are born with a special ability or talent. I was fortunate to be one.

For some unknown reason I have the natural ability to envision & design machinery.

I was given the opportunity to do so professionally at an extremely high level while still in my teens.

In my case, and I stress in my case, a degree would have hindered me.

I specialized in factory automation and robotics.

I never got a engineering degree and never felt that I needed one.

In my case, and I stress in my case, a degree would have hindered me.

Time flies, time also changes things.

When Lou & I were youngsters entering the job market most corporations wanted you "green" so they could train you their way. Of course, they expected you to go the distance and spend your entire career with their company. In today's job market you are questioned as to why you have stayed with a company more than 7 or 8 years. Loyalty to a company and conversely, loyalty to an employee are but distant memories.

My oldest niece has a degree in civil engineering and loves it. She was fortunate to gain employment with the City of Charlotte, NC. In her own words, "You will never lack for job opportunities with a C.E. degree. America's infrastructures (water, sewer, and road systems) are crumbling faster than they can be replaced."

Thanks for sharing your story Lou. The other bus driver I was teling you about that I know is a pastor (he married my husband and I). He decided to retire around 2003 and decided to work at WDW. I am not sure how long he was driving a bus before he decided to go back into the ministry. He decided to retire again in 2009 or 2010 and work for WDW again. We had lost touch with him around 2004 and had no way to contact him. It just so happened that he was driving a bus back to the Fort from EPCOT last fall that we were getting on. I didn't even recognize him since he had a full beard last time we saw him and now has to shave for the job. My husband recognized him and we were able to exchange #'s and meet up with him and his wife that trip and the next. We are all so amazed that that chance meeting happened. The chances are sooo slim!! When we saw him this past February, he was debating on taking on another church. I think he was keeping his bus driving job as well though. I hope we get to see him this trip and will find out more.

So expanding on your story, how did you come to love The Fort and Fort Fiends?